What Packer fans are saying...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be fair, NFL tickets are ridiculously priced. I paid $28 for good left field seats at Dodger stadium and some folks pay nearly hundreds or more for nosebleeds in a Rams game.

Baseball has 162 games. Football has 16 games. And that's without getting into football being a more popular and better sport. ;)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Let's get back to the intent of this thread, mocking Packers fans.
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...icult-as-they-seem-rams-pats-fins-hawks-vikes

The Rams are going to positively murder us with runs outside the tackles.
I’m already having nightmares about jet sweeps going around our edges like absolutely nothing, it’s going to be a bloodbath. So, I don’t even really see how Rodgers sees the field long enough to keep us in that one.
--------------------
I'm being totally delusional
and I think they actually beat the Rams. I feel like AR puts the team on his back and carries the offense and Goff turns it over a couple of times to provide short fields. Then the team basically holds on for dear life in the fourth quarter.
--------------------
I would be really happy.
I just don’t see how they don’t abuse us with their outside run game.

True story, we’ve actually been a pretty good run-stopping team when we keep them between the tackles, but the Rams run it outside better than basically anyone. Plus Goff seems to be really good with a lot of weapons, we’re really gonna need that to not be true on Sunday.
-----------------
None of the above matters...
the Packers will be held back due to h0rSe$h!t coaching and failures to keep the pad levels where they need to be…

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I too went to the Vikings game. Here’s one of the few videos I took. We’re on the visitors side mind you.

Don’t tell me we’re not passionate!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I take it you never went to a Rams game in LA in the 60s, 70s, or 80s or to a Dodger game EVER? Maybe a Lakers or King’s game?

I’ve been to enough and enough games in other cities to tell me that LA fans are great fans.

I’ve been shocked and felt less than at a Laker game. And the atmosphere during the finals at the Forum were so loud and filled with energy I thought I’d burst.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only thing that worries me are the referees, especially when it comes to sacking AROD

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I take it you never went to a Rams game in LA in the 60s, 70s, or 80s or to a Dodger game EVER? Maybe a Lakers or King’s game?

I’ve been to enough and enough games in other cities to tell me that LA fans are great fans.

Been a rams Fan since the 80's Had season tickets back then when they used to play in the Angels stadium. Been to plenty of Kings games, and plenty of Lakers games. LA fans are mostly fair-weather fans, Look at the Lakers as of late. Lots of people stopped going because they suck(ed). Same with the Kings when they were terrible no one went to their games. Sure people are going again because they had a couple of good years there.
I don't know why people are taking such offense to this statement, I don't mean anything personal. And I'm not calling any of you guys bad fans. I'm talking in generalities, and not putting all of you in the same boat as the majority of fans.
Do you think most people post on a public forum during their work hours if they're not passionate fans? No, most fans can't even name 2 people on the Offensive line.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
How do you think it looks to come in here and call out that Rams fans in LA suck? Those are your words. Think about it dude. Have some respect.

Mojo I've been on here for awhile so you know I'm a pretty level headed guy and I "think" I'm fairly logical but that's just my opinion and I have my reasons that I stated so I'll just leave it there. I don't want any vacations :p

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm being totally delusional
and I think they actually beat the Rams. I feel like AR puts the team on his back and carries the offense and Goff turns it over a couple of times to provide short fields. Then the team basically holds on for dear life in the fourth quarter.
giphy.gif

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fans are more likely to show up for games when their team is a perennial winner(Not counting places like Green Bay where there's nothing else to do). It will take many seasons of winning before the Rams win back their fan base. Such is human nature, not just in LA but everywhere.

I think I have to disagree here, sir.

I remember back when the NY Football Giants were very bad. For the stretch between 1964 and 1985, they had 3 winning seasons :eek:. That stretch included a Head Coach by the name of McVay (who compiled a record of 14 - 23) :shocking:

But my recollection was that they always had very good attendance at their games. And this is not somewhere like WI, where there's nothing to do. NY has plenty to do... 2 football teams, 2 basketball teams, and - for part of that stretch - 3 hockey teams. And, of course, all that NYC has to offer.
Add to that the fact that it was all outside and fans were subjected to some very nasty weather. Hell, I remember going to a game in the Yale Bowl (1973-1974), while The Meadowlands was being built and Yankee Stadium was being renovated. It was about 30 degrees out and like a monsoon. Guess what? It was pretty full! Their records those years? 2-11 and 2-12. Sat through some very bad PHIL teams in the 70's too. But my brother-in-law was a fan of the Eagles. So, we drove 2+ hours each way and sat in nasty weather to watch them lose. And yes, Veterans Staudium was usually pretty darned full.

So, there are markets that are loyal to their team - win or lose.

Not intended to be a knock on LA fans... but the "they only come out if they win"... and "there's lots of other things to do" explanations ring hollow to me.

If your team has to be a perennial winner and you have to have nothing else to do, for you to show up, I'd have to question your dedication to your favorite team.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/27/nfl-rams-packers-week-8-preview-rodgers-cobb/

Rams Week 8 preview: 5 questions with Packers Wire
By: Cameron DaSilva

The Los Angeles Rams are set to take on the Green Bay Packers on Sunday afternoon at the Coliseum, returning home after three weeks on the road. Currently nine-point favorites over the Packers, this is a game oddsmakers expect the Rams to win.

To preview this pivotal NFC matchup, we talked to Zach Kruse of Packers Wire to get some inside intel.

1. How different has Aaron Rodgers been on that injured knee, if at all?
His mobility was limited, especially in the first few weeks after the injury. Slowly, he’s regained an ability to buy time and escape the pocket with his legs. He’ll likely be as close to full healthy Sunday as he’s been since the injury. I’d expect to see the unencumbered version of Rodgers against the Rams.

2. How much better is the Packers offense when Randall Cobb is healthy?
Cobb has the unwavering trust of Aaron Rodgers and can be a dynamic playmaker from the slot when he’s healthy. He just hasn’t been healthy for long the last three years. In general, Cobb has reliable hands, is good after the catch and understands how to get open in the scramble drills. The Packers offense has been productive without him the last three games, but they’ll welcome back his versatile abilities from the slot.

3. Is the Packers’ interior offensive line good enough to slow down Aaron Donald and Ndamukong Suh?
We’re going to find out, aren’t we? Center Corey Linsley is having a terrific season, but left guard Lane Taylor has been inconsistent and it’s unclear if Byron Bell or Justin McCray will start at right guard. Both have had issues through the first six games.

The interior of the line when the Packers have the football is definitely one of the top matchups to watch. Rodgers can be Houdini when it comes to escaping edge pressure, but few quarterbacks can handle a pocket collapsing from the inside. Taylor, Linsley and whoever starts at right guard have to play the game of the season Sunday.

4. Who’s an underrated player the Rams have to worry about?
I’ll give you two, one on each side. On offense, don’t sleep on receiver Geronimo Allison. He was turning into a consistent playmaker for Rodgers during the first four games, especially on third down. He’ll return after missing two games with a concussion and hamstring injury.

On defense, the pick has to be Kenny Clark. He’s still hugely underrated nationally. The Packers’ first-round pick in 2016 has developed into an every down disruptor along the interior of the defensive line. He’s not Aaron Donald, but he’s breaking down the door of elite status at the position.

5. What’s your prediction for Sunday?
I’m expecting Mike McCarthy’s team to play well coming out of the bye. They’re at full strength on both sides of the ball, Rodgers is almost fully healthy, the offense is close to clicking and the defense has proven capable of producing long stretches of standout play.

All that said, I still like the Rams and that high-powered offense to win a high-scoring, entertaining game. I think the Packers will prove they can play with the heavyweights, but it’s really, really hard to beat great teams on the road in the NFL. Rams 38, Packers 34. (Hammer the over, gambling friends.)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Just let teams keep thinking all they gotta do is take away gurley...

Yeah fans get so stupid man. Them and media personalities.

I guarantee there is no team that looks at the Rams' offensive film and says Gurley is all that matters lol. We saw what an offense with just Gurley looks like, and it ain't pretty. No RB can sustain in this league without some sort of passing game balance, defenses are just too varied and smart.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I wonder how many of those extra tickets are being driven by cheeseheads. And hope there's going to be a great showing by the faithful for us this Sunday. Sure would be nice for the cheeseheads that are there to be treated to an epic beatdown of their team along with loud @$$ Rams fans hootin and hollerin in their ears for 3 hours.

Well ok, 2 hours with them leaving early to beat traffic. :p

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
It's always you going to be that way. Teams like GB, Dallas and Pittsburgh have fans everywhere. In such a huge, condensed population, its inevitable.
It's the only opportunity for most ro see their team play live.
I don't see why it should bother anybody.
There's just a lot of transplants in LA. Same deal here in AZ. Cards games have lots of enemy support staff in the stands.
I still hate hearing them cheer at Ram games. Really whizzes me off . :mad:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/28/rams-edge-packers-29-27-to-get-to-8-0/#comments

Mano – a – mano game. Intensity of game was amazing. No moral victories. Losing sucks. Congrats Rams and their fans….you’re solid.
------------
I would not want to be Ty Montgomery right now…
--------------
Probably the best game the Packers have played this year. But their team simply isn’t good enough anymore. Look for them to be 2-3 over this five game stretch.
------------
The refs tried, I mean the PACK tried, they really tried…
------------
Game was much closer than expected, but really enjoyed the choking at the end (first the fumble, then the lack of defense on 3rd and 10. Rodgers definitely would have won that game, sad to say, if the Pack didn’t choke at the end.
-------------
What a tough loss. I was really looking forward to seeing another comeback with 2 minutes left. Total bonehead move to even think about bringing that ball out.
-----------
did anyone else noticed Rodgers shunned Montgomery from his little sidelines huddle when they were hoping to get the ball back. A true sign of a non leader.
-----------
3-3-1 means they aren’t losers…..not yet! This team will be just fine in the division, because nobody else is running away with it.

I feel real good about the new receivers and the new defensive backs. McCarthy, not so much.
-----------
Why in the world wouldnt you have rodgers out of the shotgun on that safety?
Mcfart cost them 2 points.
------------
Before the fumble I thought Rodgers was going to go down field and the packers would kick a FG for the win 30-29.
-------------
Coming out of the break the Packers had a good game plan and were fired up. Too bad their lack of talent and coaching failed them again. Better luck next week.
--------------
Man, that sucks. This whole season is turning into should’ve, could’ve, would’ves….

One play here, one play there, this team would be top of the NFC North.

Before the Viking homers start thumbs downing me though….

We played the Rams harder than your team ever could’ve dream of. And the only saving grace is you play the Saints next.
--------------
Whoever didn’t tell Montgomery not to return the kick from the endzone should be packing up their stuff tomorrow along with Montgomery. That was the dumbest thing I have seen in football in awhile.
---------------
let’s cool it with the “Ram’s edge packer’s” talk. The only reason they didn’t win by two scores was because Gurley took pity on the pack.
--------------
Aaron Rodgers is the worst kind of leader. Ty Montgomery makes a mistake that costs the game.

They show the QB on the bench bad mouthing the mistake to one of his WRs.

Real leaders lift their players up but Rodgers always looks like a finger pointer any game I watch.
---------------
No disrespect to Rams fans, but tell me again why LA has two teams, the city doesn’t appear to be supporting even one. The Rams had to contend with crowd noise from invading Pack fans. If you can’t get a city the size of LA behind an unbeaten team, that’s saying something.
---------------
For all the hype and love that Khalil Mack got early in the season, Aaron Donald is showing why he’s the best defensive player in the NFL. This is a defensive tackle with 10 sacks through the first 8 game of the season, and this is while being held and/or double team every play.
---------------
Jared Goff is a byproduct of a really good coach….he looked like a D3 QB today. Packers defense has really no one to fear. Everyone is going to copy Packers defensive game plan as it was a very good one. They’re lucky they’re in the worst division in football.