What Packer fans are saying...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jared Goff is a byproduct of a really good coach….he looked like a D3 QB today. Packers defense has really no one to fear. Everyone is going to copy Packers defensive game plan as it was a very good one. They’re lucky they’re in the worst division in football.

LOL. I wish DCs thought like morons like the one above. If they did, Goff would have a passer rating of 130+ instead of 110+ hahahahaha.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/28/rams-edge-packers-29-27-to-get-to-8-0/#comments

Mano – a – mano game. Intensity of game was amazing. No moral victories. Losing sucks. Congrats Rams and their fans….you’re solid.
------------
I would not want to be Ty Montgomery right now…
--------------
Probably the best game the Packers have played this year. But their team simply isn’t good enough anymore. Look for them to be 2-3 over this five game stretch.
------------
The refs tried, I mean the PACK tried, they really tried…
------------
Game was much closer than expected, but really enjoyed the choking at the end (first the fumble, then the lack of defense on 3rd and 10. Rodgers definitely would have won that game, sad to say, if the Pack didn’t choke at the end.
-------------
What a tough loss. I was really looking forward to seeing another comeback with 2 minutes left. Total bonehead move to even think about bringing that ball out.
-----------
did anyone else noticed Rodgers shunned Montgomery from his little sidelines huddle when they were hoping to get the ball back. A true sign of a non leader.
-----------
3-3-1 means they aren’t losers…..not yet! This team will be just fine in the division, because nobody else is running away with it.

I feel real good about the new receivers and the new defensive backs. McCarthy, not so much.
-----------
Why in the world wouldnt you have rodgers out of the shotgun on that safety?
Mcfart cost them 2 points.
------------
Before the fumble I thought Rodgers was going to go down field and the packers would kick a FG for the win 30-29.
-------------
Coming out of the break the Packers had a good game plan and were fired up. Too bad their lack of talent and coaching failed them again. Better luck next week.
--------------
Man, that sucks. This whole season is turning into should’ve, could’ve, would’ves….

One play here, one play there, this team would be top of the NFC North.

Before the Viking homers start thumbs downing me though….

We played the Rams harder than your team ever could’ve dream of. And the only saving grace is you play the Saints next.
--------------
Whoever didn’t tell Montgomery not to return the kick from the endzone should be packing up their stuff tomorrow along with Montgomery. That was the dumbest thing I have seen in football in awhile.
---------------
let’s cool it with the “Ram’s edge packer’s” talk. The only reason they didn’t win by two scores was because Gurley took pity on the pack.
--------------
Aaron Rodgers is the worst kind of leader. Ty Montgomery makes a mistake that costs the game.

They show the QB on the bench bad mouthing the mistake to one of his WRs.

Real leaders lift their players up but Rodgers always looks like a finger pointer any game I watch.
---------------
No disrespect to Rams fans, but tell me again why LA has two teams, the city doesn’t appear to be supporting even one. The Rams had to contend with crowd noise from invading Pack fans. If you can’t get a city the size of LA behind an unbeaten team, that’s saying something.
---------------
For all the hype and love that Khalil Mack got early in the season, Aaron Donald is showing why he’s the best defensive player in the NFL. This is a defensive tackle with 10 sacks through the first 8 game of the season, and this is while being held and/or double team every play.
---------------
Jared Goff is a byproduct of a really good coach….he looked like a D3 QB today. Packers defense has really no one to fear. Everyone is going to copy Packers defensive game plan as it was a very good one. They’re lucky they’re in the worst division in football.
Wait Goff looked like a d3 qb today? Product of good coach? He had better stats then your precious arron Rodgers

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
This guys watched the game

This guy needs to realize that that "by product, D3 player" out played your HOFr

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
16423062_1744310498916216_4222021197415081750_o.jpg

For the salty Packers fans

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Let's get back to the intent of this thread, mocking Packers fans.

I have a lot of respect for just a few fanbases..........one is the Packers. But today hahahahahaha.

Rams win.

LA fans are mostly fair-weather fans

That's true in about all but maybe 3, tops 4, cities.

Before the fumble I thought Rodgers was going to go down field and the packers would kick a FG for the win 30-29.

Awwwwwwww.........no!

Aaron Donald is showing why he’s the best defensive player in the NFL. This is a defensive tackle with 10 sacks through the first 8 game of the season, and this is while being held and/or double team every play.

Yup.

LOL..........lets hope everyone copies what the Packers did..........and that they cough up about 300 yards and 3 TD's each and every week.

I'm good with opposing teams having that kinda plan.

dang

Legend
Goff definitely was uncomfortable in the pocket today - especially in the first half. I didnt see him move up or out as well as he has in other games. Kudos to the GB front seven for bringing the heat and to their DBs on coverage (especially the Jaire Alexander kid). Not having Kupp as a safety valve had a tremendous impact on Goff's performance. This game was a good opportunity to see what Goff could do with Reynolds and the TEs. He found a red zone target in Reynolds and a couple of nice plays by Everett showing his athleticism (need more of him).

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I like these guys:

For all the hype and love that Khalil Mack got early in the season, Aaron Donald is showing why he’s the best defensive player in the NFL. This is a defensive tackle with 10 sacks through the first 8 game of the season, and this is while being held and/or double team every play.

let’s cool it with the “Ram’s edge packer’s” talk. The only reason they didn’t win by two scores was because Gurley took pity on the pack.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It seems to me that Green Bay isn't the first team to focus on taking away the pass. I know the G.B. dbs holding played a part in their fronts success but they surprised me up front. I kept thinking that maybe our OLine was just having an off day. The first half was ugly.

It sure seemed like the refs were doing their best to help the Packers be the team to upset the Rams. Get used to it. The Saints being the ones to knock them off would make headlines too. I expect more non calls next week. It sucks to have to beat the refs and the opponents.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
It seems to me that Green Bay isn't the first team to focus on taking away the pass. I know the G.B. dbs holding played a part in their fronts success but they surprised me up front. I kept thinking that maybe our OLine was just having an off day. The first half was ugly.

It sure seemed like the refs were doing their best to help the Packers be the team to upset the Rams. Get used to it. The Saints being the ones to knock them off would make headlines too. I expect more non calls next week. It sucks to have to beat the refs and the opponents.

The Rams have had to beat the officials quite a few times this season. And as good teams do, they don't let it bother them, they just keep taking care of what they can control and finding ways to win. Just 1 more sign of what a great HC McVay is.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

that's a thread winner right there.

they must also be lucky that no other team can beat them, including the packers with the refs giving them every break they could so they could get the upset win on the rams.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Green Bay's defense is immensely better with Alexander in there. That plus Kupp being out is a rough combo for our offense.

I also think they gameplanned extremely well and were all over McVay's play calls. Sean needs to investigate that and see whether they have some tells that GB was picking up on, particularly in the run game. Oh and btw not taking cred away from GB who won a lot of snaps in the trenches. But if you watch their LB flow, they were all over a lot of down/distance tendencies IMO.

fearsomefour

Legend
Green Bay's defense is immensely better with Alexander in there. That plus Kupp being out is a rough combo for our offense.

I also think they gameplanned extremely well and were all over McVay's play calls. Sean needs to investigate that and see whether they have some tells that GB was picking up on, particularly in the run game. Oh and btw not taking cred away from GB who won a lot of snaps in the trenches. But if you watch their LB flow, they were all over a lot of down/distance tendencies IMO.
I agree.
The other guys get paid for a reason too.
It was a great D game plan, for the most part well executed and the Rams put up 29 points and were kneeling down inside the Packer 10 at games end.
No turnovers....the pack won in the trenches a lot, were more physical, confused Goff and the Rams had 0 turnovers....that's why they won.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Let's not kids ourselves here. The only reason the Packers gameplan looked great, was because there were a ton of passing yards negated by non calls on the Packers secondary. I'm not saying it wasn't good, I'm just saying it shouldn't have looked that great.
Those were drive killers. Every fucking one of them.
If we get those calls, we keep the ball moving down field and keep Hekker on the bench. In turn, forcing GB to keep guys in coverage instead of blitzing on almost every play.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...et-fantasy-and-vegas-we-got-the-win/#comments

“Man, forget fantasy and forget Vegas,” Gurley said, via Lindsay Thiry of ESPN.com. “We got the win, so that’s all that matters.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Very smart on Gurley’s part to burn the extra time by not going in for the TD, and as a Packer fan that burns to say but props to him.
-------------
Are people actually asking him this stupid fantasy question? Is this what the NFL has come too?
------------
You don’t need to burn time if you score in you’re nine points ahead . Duh
------------
If Gurley had scored the Rams would have been eight points ahead. 29+6=35. Rams 35-Packers 27 = 8 points ahead. Duh.
-------------
It’s actually 9 points genius if you count the extra point. But you probably can’t count to 9
-------------
Except that is not what you said. You said: “You [the Rams] don’t need to burn time if you [Gurley] score in you’re nine points ahead”.

Your error is that Gurley could not put the Rams 9 points ahead. His score could only put them 8 points ahead (math, it’s your friend). Gurley cannot, and should not, assume that the extra point will be successful. Thus, Gurley made the correct play.
------------
It was an act of mercy. He wanted to save Montgomery the embarrassment of another kick-off.

fearsomefour

Legend
Let's not kids ourselves here. The only reason the Packers gameplan looked good, was because there were a ton of passing yards negated by non calls on the Packers secondary.
Those were drive killers. Every freaking one of them.
If we get those calls, we keep the ball moving down field and keep Hekker on the bench. In turn, forcing GB to keep guys in coverage instead of blitzing on almost every play.
Right, we win 108-10.
Any thoughts on the non called holding by the Rams line?
There was not much called in this game actually. I'd expect to see more in upcoming games. We don't know how much was going on in previous games. We as fans only saw those holds because the tv crew decided to highlight it. Credit to them. The holds on Cooks seems obvious however and those are often called.
I get tired of the "refs is why" mentality. Thank God our coach doesn't have it or we'd still be stranded in .500 land. All teams hold, block downfield illegally, release early on punt coverage etc.
Goff also missed open receivers he usually hits.
It was a good game, the Rams didn't turn it over despite the Pack game plan, pass rush and yes D holding. The Rams won.
It was great.

fearsomefour

Legend
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...et-fantasy-and-vegas-we-got-the-win/#comments

“Man, forget fantasy and forget Vegas,” Gurley said, via Lindsay Thiry of ESPN.com. “We got the win, so that’s all that matters.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Very smart on Gurley’s part to burn the extra time by not going in for the TD, and as a Packer fan that burns to say but props to him.
-------------
Are people actually asking him this stupid fantasy question? Is this what the NFL has come too?
------------
You don’t need to burn time if you score in you’re nine points ahead . Duh
------------
If Gurley had scored the Rams would have been eight points ahead. 29+6=35. Rams 35-Packers 27 = 8 points ahead. Duh.
-------------
It’s actually 9 points genius if you count the extra point. But you probably can’t count to 9
-------------
Except that is not what you said. You said: “You [the Rams] don’t need to burn time if you [Gurley] score in you’re nine points ahead”.

Your error is that Gurley could not put the Rams 9 points ahead. His score could only put them 8 points ahead (math, it’s your friend). Gurley cannot, and should not, assume that the extra point will be successful. Thus, Gurley made the correct play.
------------
It was an act of mercy. He wanted to save Montgomery the embarrassment of another kick-off.
Yes, this is what the NFL has come to.
Look at the rule changes.
The only way a game is exciting is if it's high scoring.
Every sport that appeals to "average" fans is worse for it.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Right, we win 108-10.
Any thoughts on the non called holding by the Rams line?
There was not much called in this game actually. I'd expect to see more in upcoming games. We don't know how much was going on in previous games. We as fans only saw those holds because the tv crew decided to highlight it. Credit to them. The holds on Cooks seems obvious however and those are often called.
I get tired of the "refs is why" mentality. Thank God our coach doesn't have it or we'd still be stranded in .500 land. All teams hold, block downfield illegally, release early on punt coverage etc.
Goff also missed open receivers he usually hits.
It was a good game, the Rams didn't turn it over despite the Pack game plan, pass rush and yes D holding. The Rams won.
It was great.
Like I said yesterday in a different post. I rarely complain about the refs. Every team gets a bad call here and there.
The problem i have, is the amount and magnitude of them. I honestly cant remember seeing a game that poorly officiated in my life.
Alexander could not cover Cooks, but how many times did we see Alexander with a handful of Cooks Jersey on a pass to Cooks? What about the PI where Alexander is jumping into Cooks face and the ball hits Alexander in the back?
We've lost games that were more fun to watch than that game. I feel like we got screwed out of a more enjoyable Sunday.