What Packer fans are saying...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

https://www.packerforum.com/threads/week-8-packers-at-rams.80961/

Game week will be here before we know it.

Preliminary thoughts on what needs to happen if we have any hopes of beating this team on their field?

I don't mean to sound negative because I firmly believe that any team is beatable. Pack's chances hinge on that unpredictable defense of ours.

Rams drive the length of the field on their first drive and I'm seeing an ugly game. Gurley is the guy that will end up killing us at first, then when we adjust they'll get us with TE's over the middle.

If the D can shut them down on 2 or 3 drives, the Pack will still need 40 points. It could be ugly. Sorry but this team hasn't given me any reason to polly-anna it up.
I expect us to have a chance of winning because of who our QB is. Unfortunately he doesn’t play defense, or call the plays. This is a game where you could see us get out schemed on both sides of the ball smh.

The #1 priority will be protecting Rodgers from a fierce pass rush, so I hope that Philbin and McCarthy have their ish together going into the game. DONT get into a track meet with them because that will not work in our favor...the Packers are very good at getting the play off at the last possible second as it is so keep their offense on the sidelines as long as possible. RUN the ball and run for screens for goodness sakes...they work.

The defense has to contain Gurley. Pettine won’t be able to get away with that only two down linemen and six DB crap against Gurley. They have a good trio of WRs but with Kupp
More than likely out for that game and Getting Alexander back with hopefully a Breeland appearance we should be able to handle Woods and Cooks. IDK ...this will either be a close win for the Packers...or an ugly loss. Rams are very good at Home.
Rams have played 1 and a half good teams in the Chargers and Minnesota. The other teams they have beat are less than impressive. Matter of fact, they only beat Denver by 3 and Seattle by 2. Their other wins are against the abysmal Cardinals and the trash Oakland Grudens. The Rams seem scary and hip. But don't believe for a second that they are some unbeatable juggernaut. We may not win, but Packers fans should believe it is not as hopeless as you may think.
If Green Bay falls to Los Angeles, there will be a silver lining. Clearly, McCarthy lacks innovation and is not attuned to the new NFL. His seat will get hotter. Yes, this is a new era of NFL scheming. The changes of rules reflects this.

Anyways here's my Packers/Rams analysis:

O-Line must step up, especially the interior. Donald, Suh, and Brockers? Yikes!

Running the ball is imperative. I found it very puzzling when they cut Aaron Ripkowski before the season started. He was versatile and a plus at blocking. Following Rodgers' injury last year, one would think having a fullback to offer a last line of protection, would've been considered. Plus he would've offered more tunnels of vision for Williams and Jones. A great plan for the run game will help with time of possession, because...

There is no way Green Bay's defense will stop the Rams offense!!! Hopefully, Cooper Kupp will be inactive another week giving the safeties a fighting chance, because Cooks will fly down the field, and Gurley will be all over the place in the run game and passing game. Woods is a route running tactician, so our young CBs must stay disciplined. Without a pass rush, can't see Green Bay getting through that Rams O-Line.

However, as always, Rodgers is the wildcard. Adams has been very impressive this season, and MVS is starting to make a legitimate case for No.2 WR status. Rams secondary is injured and not very deep. Rodgers knows Sam Shields' game having practiced against him for so many years. Also, Rodgers elevates his game when the stakes are high. Plus he's going back home to Cali, which according to Week 8 NFL schedule, will be the game of the week.

Rodgers will ball...will everyone else?
This game will hinge on......turnovers and the Packers playing mistake free. Packers will need to be at least +2 in turnovers and not make a lot of mistakes or this will be the typical games we have seen in the past when the Packers face a solid team on the road and just can't keep up. Top to bottom, the Rams are a better team than the Packers and will be on their home turf. Goff is playing solid football, Gurley is running well and if Kupp can play, their 3 WR's (Wood, Kupp, Cooks) could give the Packers fits. The only good news for the Packers, TE's Everett and Higbee haven't done a whole lot, but that could change and Gurley can catch the ball out of the backfield.

I expect us to get eaten alive by Gurley catching the ball in the backfield on screens.

Everything that reeks, "Let's do this."
How do you prepare for the LA Rams? They are good in every aspect of the game. I will be happy if the Packers are within 7 points of this team. I do not see how you effectively prepare to win a football game against a relatively flawless football team.
The Rams are good. Not infallible. I’m not saying I like our chances, but I would be a bit worried if I was a Rams fan too. This team is certainly capable of going toe to toe with the rams but it will take a clean game, something we haven’t seen from them yet. Only sputters and stops. But we’ve seen this team getting it going more than once or twice in the past. It’s not like we’re wishing for miracles here

I see the Rams toasted the 49ers yesterday. For those who said the 49ers aren't that bad of a team so it's no shame that they kept up with GB last week. And those who say the Rams aren't that good.
I’m gonna save my time from watching this game.. I’m diehard I know any given Sunday but let’s be real this is gonna be ugly.. we are gonna get tiki torched!!! Sorry if u don’t like it and I’m being negative but it’s gonna be a blowout
If Rodgers does not take his own admission to heart that he's holding onto the ball too long, and if Philbin doesn't scheme to get quick passing and something other than a vanilla running game going, then Rodgers will get sacked at least 6 times.

1. Who will Sam Shields be matched up on? Cobb? Adams? GMo or MVS/ESB?

2. Wonder what Troy Hill and Cooper Kupp will be in terms of health this next week?

3. Should we adopt the Denver strategy of slowing their offense down with shell coverage and make them run it with Gurley? No doubt he'll rack up plenty of yards doing that, but can we limit their points?

One thing I think we can be fairly certain of is Rodgers will not be a turnover machine against them like Bethard was.
Don't underestimate the significance of Cobb and Allison returning healthy. They are on the same page as Rodgers when he scrambles, not to mention our offense looked at its absolute best for 15 minutes in the fourth quarter on opening night when they were making plays. I know people are fawning over MVS and EQ but, right now, our best offense is with Cobb and Allison on the field. That being said, I would love to see them spread them out with some five-wide.
Five wide sets could be useful in this game. Especially, mixing in Graham and splitting him out wide a few times. This is probably a game better suited for speed, rather than smash-mouth. Keep away from Donald and Suh, a lot of outside running, screen pass, bunch formation...something creative.
Basically this game will come down to whether or not the Packers have figured out their stuff over the bye week. If they have and the offense has locked it in, then we can expect a game. If they play like we saw on MNF, they're getting blown out.
The Packers needed all time heroics from Aaron Rodgers to barely take down the juggernaut known as the San Francisco 49ers at Lambeau Field. Meanwhile, the Rams beat the brakes off of the exact same team on the road yesterday.

See the problem?

The Packers were pretty bad for most of that game. The offense was hit or miss. Far from a well oiled machine. And the defense was absolutely atrocious in the 1st half. Really no other way to put it.

So yes. If we play like we did a week ago against the Rams, we're going to get spanked.

Rams opened as 9 point favorites, the largest spread ever while Rodgers has been the starting QB.

One can only hope that the Rams are looking ahead to playing New Orleans and forget to put it all out on the field against the Packers Sunday.

There are a few things that could potentially be working in the Packers favor. To your point, coming off of a bye allows the team to get healthier, and allows additional time to prepare. Your point about the spread I think will do nothing but eat at Rodgers to the point he'll be ultra dialed in. Also, the Rams will be coming off of a blowout win yesterday.

The Packers will have to play very solid, but I'm hoping the combination of maybe the slightest bit of overlooking from the Rams, along with additional motivation from the Packers makes this a very compelling game.
Packers are going to have to play near perfect football, win the turnover battle by +2 or more and hope to play solid enough defense to not get into a track meet. Not sure how tough it is to play at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, but shut that crowd down as fast as you possibly can.
With our linebacking core the way that it is, how can we stop Todd Gurley off of the edge? I think if we can hold Todd Gurley to less than 100 yards, is the only way we have a legitimate chance in this football game. I just don’t see how we could stop him.
It does start and end with Gurley. He can beat you with the power game at 4 yards a time and if you're not paying attention he'll get you with a 20+ run. If you're paying attention, they'll get you with play action. They're tough to defend, but they're not the first team in the NFL to have that attack. We'd benefit from a power run game, but I'm not that confident in ours.
Is this our stiffest test of the year so far? Absolutely. Will I be a little surprised if we beat them in their house? Yes. As the saying goes "that's why you play the game." We have not played up to our potential very often this season but that doesn't mean Sunday will be a dud. 2 weeks to prepare will help. Having AR12 always helps. I am hopeful we can be close to healthy come kick and if so, I think we have a decent shot of stealing one. Yes, the Rams are all kinds of potent. They are

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Wow. thought they would be a little more confident. I am stoked for this game. Another good challenge.

This will be a tough game and our first real look at an elite QB. Too good teams that could meet again in January. Should be a great game.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
A 9-point spread? I know we are good but I'm taking Rodgers against that spread every single time.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
They may be coming off a bye week...

But we're coming HOME after 3 consecutive Road games. Time for some Home cooking.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Appears the Packers are adding some offensive power back into Aaron Rodgers hands in an effort to give the Rams thier first loss.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11550/geronimo-allison

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Geronimo Allison (hamstring) will practice Tuesday.
Allison appeared close to playing before the bye, so it is not a surprise he is ready to practice following the off week. Barring any setbacks, he should be ready to face the Rams on Sunday

Last edited:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
If the GB OL doesn't play better than that of the 9ers, they'll be in a lotta trouble. They're gonna have to take advantage of our secondary by using 4 and 5 receiver routes.

I was not impressed with the playcalling of GB vs the 9ers and their defense didn't really show up until late when the plays were pretty predictable. GB will have to play better than that to beat us.

They CAN, and probably will, so I don't see this game as a slam dunk. However, if the defense of last week shows up again, this could be another double digit win.
Just don't turn the ball over.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d be very surprised if we’re able to cover that spread. This one should be a battle between the QBs to the end.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Since Aaron Rodgers has demanded that he is freed from the knee brace......I Wonder If Aaron Donald & his mates will be permitted to catch & take down the face of the the NFL?

I suspect that the refs will all be blind as a bat when the Packers offense in on the field & the Packers OL'ers will know it.

Rams DL'ers may need to bring a half dozen extra jerseys to remain in compliance with NFL dress codes.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
These packers fans are very negative towards their own team . They have Aaron Rodgers and thats scary for any opponent . I think they try to shut down Gurley, Goff throws 4 TDs

Jeronimo allison coming back gives them hope? Crazy to me how they lack talent all over the field ,but the qb keeps winning games.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Rams have played 1 and a half good teams in the Chargers and Minnesota. The other teams they have beat are less than impressive. Matter of fact, they only beat Denver by 3 and Seattle by 2. Their other wins are against the abysmal Cardinals and the trash Oakland Grudens. The Rams seem scary and hip. But don't believe for a second that they are some unbeatable juggernaut. We may not win, but Packers fans should believe it is not as hopeless as you may think.

Here we go again lol.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams drive the length of the field on their first drive and I'm seeing an ugly game. Gurley is the guy that will end up killing us at first, then when we adjust they'll get us with TE's over the middle.

This dude obviously doesn't know our TE group. :rolllaugh:

Hopefully, Cooper Kupp will be inactive another week giving the safeties a fighting chance

This dude gets it.

If the Rams have Kupp, they're going to torch Green Bay's defense so badly that a win is likely. And that's even considering that Rogers is going to torch our secondary for the most part. Without Kupp it will be a lot closer.

Still not worried about this game btw. Rogers having a great game could mean an upset, but overall I like our balance and I think our defense is going to get a lot of shots on him which will make it tough for heroics. For some reason I'm very confident in this one.

REV3NGE

Rookie
Name
Adrian
Since Aaron Rodgers has demanded that he is freed from the knee brace......I Wonder If Aaron Donald & his mates will be permitted to catch & take down the face of the the NFL?

I suspect that the refs will all be blind as a bat when the Packers offense in on the field & the Packers OL'ers will know it.

Rams DL'ers may need to bring a half dozen extra jerseys to remain in compliance with NFL dress codes.
Yes but we know A-A-Ron is one of the nfl’s untouchables. Any decent hit on him will draw a flag!

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rodgers might want to be in another neighborhood come Sunday, he has been averaging getting sacked 3.2 times a game so far this season, say hello to Mister Donald, Mister Rodgers.
upload_2018-10-21_20-17-4-jpeg.26771

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They are being realistic because they know their team isn't that good. They are a couple of plays away from being 1-4-1 or 2-4.

Two of their three wins are versus the 49ers and Bills, the other win was versus the Bears on a late game 75 yard play for a TD.

This isn't a very good team. If The Rams play like they did versus the 49ers this will be over early.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I really don't like the GB D - I find them dirty.

But, they do have ARod, and he can beat good teams on his own!!

jap

Legend
I just hope the stands are not filled with green and yellow and it can be a true home field advantage.

The way the Horns have been playing this season!?! Not a chance for green & yellow to dominate the Coliseum!!!

ARod will take turns on same field with young signal caller who has been compared to him. ARod, say hello to Jared Goff.

With two more sacks this coming weekend, Aaron "The Kraken!" Donald can reach a double digit total of sacks (10!) by midseason! For a guy who operates mostly as an interior DL, that would be almost unbelievable!!!

ARod, say hello to another Aaron!

Last edited: