Rams Running Back Options?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay. Remember when we traded Alex Barron for Bobby Carpenter? We had to wait for Barron to sign his RFA tender before we could finalize the deal.
Right. Which was well after the time frame for Barron to sign an offer sheet. Dallas didnt sign him to one. Barron was drafted in 1st round, but they only put a 2nd round tender on him, which was in MArch, they traded him mid-May. So as it pertains to Hunt, anyone can sign him to an offer sheet right now, and if Cleveland doesnt match they get a 2nd round pick. To trade for him for less than a 2nd can only happen after the window for offer sheet closes, and if nobody offered him a deal.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right. Which was well after the time frame for Barron to sign an offer sheet. Dallas didnt sign him to one. Barron was drafted in 1st round, but they only put a 2nd round tender on him, which was in MArch, they traded him mid-May. So as it pertains to Hunt, anyone can sign him to an offer sheet right now, and if Cleveland doesnt match they get a 2nd round pick. To trade for him for less than a 2nd can only happen after the window for offer sheet closes, and if nobody offered him a deal.

You're going to have to trust me on this. It's the same as a franchised player. You can't trade a player who hasn't signed the tender. You can't sign a player to an offer sheet who has signed the tender. A player can sign the tender at any time. Those are the rules. The 30-day window becomes irrelevant once a player signs the tender, as does the tender level (outside of the fact that it sets his compensation).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're going to have to trust me on this. It's the same as a franchised player. You can't trade a player who hasn't signed the tender. You can't sign a player to an offer sheet who has signed the tender. A player can sign the tender at any time. Those are the rules. The 30-day window becomes irrelevant once a player signs the tender, as does the tender level (outside of the fact that it sets his compensation).
Has Hunt signed it?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yeah he's fun to watch. Love his balance through contact dude reminds me of a young Lynch. (y)

Oh and we don't need to take him early.

Likely 4th... We currently don't have a 5, of course that could easily change, but with more throwback ground attacks in vogue he could go earlier than expected.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29

View: https://twitter.com/jeffratcliffe/status/1242200780624605186?s=21

just saw this on twitter and it wasn’t shocking just good to see it on paper in numbers no matter what we do we gotta hope the o line gets better at run blocking

Ouch.

I'm curious how much the number improved after we shuffled the lineup.

Also.. cant help but remember the how well we ran the ball against the bears using the 2 te lineup as our base lineup. Then the next week we go back to using the 3 wr set against the cowboys and we go back to not being able to run the ball

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Are we even looking to draft a RB or is this all speculation based on our mostly unproven backfield? Is it possible that we let Gurley walk because McVay really likes what we have in Henderson and Brown?

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
My personal opinion is, they felt they couldn't count on TG30 and there appears to be some friction in house w/ his usage. They didn't see eye to eye on it. The cap was a factor paired w/ front office view on him. Couldn't trust him so they didn't want to aaocate so much to him, plus they really want to keep Ramsey.
Like another poster said, Snead has drafted RBs in 7/8 drafts. So its a safe bet he will add another back. Brown is safe and "ok" and since they truly don't know what they have in henderson yet over a full season. My money is on adding a RB with one of their 1st 3 picks (rds 2-4) depending on how things shake out on day 2 of the draft.

EDIT: Brown is big picture is a spare part, Henderson they may like but hasn't shown team he can be a part of the big picture yet despite liking him. Also rumours about not being too playbook smart may add internal pressure to add an above-average RB to the RB room. Kelly is a #4 at best.
>>>>So ya they better add a RB that can be a 10plus carry guy

Really thing its going to be a heavy OL draft early, then RB, ILB, TE ,5Tech, & WR

Last edited:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I think you stand pat. Henderson has good promise and starts year two.
I don't have confidence in Brown if Henderson flakes out or continues to get hurt like last year were screwed... Please baby jesus 8 lbs & 3 oz find me another Chubb!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Has Hunt signed it?

No. He doesn't gain anything by signing it . . . unless a team is going to trade for him and offer him an extension. Otherwise, he might as well wait and see if another team offers him a pay raise.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Are we even looking to draft a RB or is this all speculation based on our mostly unproven backfield? Is it possible that we let Gurley walk because McVay really likes what we have in Henderson and Brown?
imo we almost have to draft a rb because the two we have now are starting to look injury pron. Henderson was injured last year and brown has been injured the last two years.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. He doesn't gain anything by signing it . . . unless a team is going to trade for him and offer him an extension. Otherwise, he might as well wait and see if another team offers him a pay raise.
Right, he should use his 30 day window to sign a long term deal on an offer sheet knowing he's got the 1 year deal locked up. If he doesnt, he cant choose the team he goes to. Rams can get him right now if they want him. But he'll cost a 2nd. Right now. In a couple weeks? Sure, his price tag can be anything

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
imo we almost have to draft a rb because the two we have now are starting to look injury pron. Henderson was injured last year and brown has been injured the last two years.

Drafting a blocker might keep them healthier though.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Drafting a blocker might keep them healthier though.
if by blocker you mean an ol man I agree in fact till gurley was let go I was hoping for the 2nd and 3rd picks to go for ol. now i think one of those two picks will be a rb unless Kelley can come off practice squad and shock the world.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right, he should use his 30 day window to sign a long term deal on an offer sheet knowing he's got the 1 year deal locked up. If he doesnt, he cant choose the team he goes to. Rams can get him right now if they want him. But he'll cost a 2nd. Right now. In a couple weeks? Sure, his price tag can be anything

Yes and no. He doesn't have to wait the 30 days. That was my point. If the Rams offered the Browns a 4th right now and Cleveland said yes, Hunt could sign his tender and be traded immediately.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes and no. He doesn't have to wait the 30 days. That was my point. If the Rams offered the Browns a 4th right now and Cleveland said yes, Hunt could sign his tender and be traded immediately.
Which makes no sense. They tagged him as a 2nd round tender which commits them to a 3.2 mill deal if he doesn’t sign elsewhere.
if all he’s worth is a 4th they could have saved a million and hit him with the original round tender (3rd round).
Find a guy in the last 10 years to get traded during his negotiation period for less than his tender amount.
it doesn’t happen.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which makes no sense. They tagged him as a 2nd round tender which commits them to a 3.2 mill deal if he doesn’t sign elsewhere.
if all he’s worth is a 4th they could have saved a million and hit him with the original round tender (3rd round).

Find a guy in the last 10 years to get traded during his negotiation period for less than his tender amount.
it doesn’t happen.

That's likely true, which is why I have said that any such deal is unlikely to happen.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's likely true, which is why I have said that any such deal is unlikely to happen.

Just going to point out that had the Rams listened to me, we'd have Kareem right now. ;)