Rams Running Back Options?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
McVay just likes versatility and misdirection in the backfield, and you can definitely get that with multiple back formations, often more so than the jet sweeps we used to run so often. It’s all about optimizing those pre snap reads.

What’s missing from a lot of these conversations is what the offensive line can effectively support, and I honestly think we’re going to continue moving away from our reliance on outside zone runs.

it’s exciting to speculate though cause change is a comin!

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I like to think McVay and OC are cooking up something as revolutionary as his 2017 O--something it will take Ds a while to figure out....

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://twitter.com/jeffratcliffe/status/1242200780624605186?s=21

just saw this on twitter and it wasn’t shocking just good to see it on paper in numbers no matter what we do we gotta hope the o line gets better at run blocking

fuck me. 0.59 yards up the middle before contact was made. in other words the rb was getting hit taking one step after the hand off. the stats back up what our eyes saw during the year.

the next worse was 0.71 by the dolphins.

gurley will get double that distance with the falcons.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After his 30 day window has expired they can trade him sure.
RFA dont sign the tender like franchise players do. After being tendered, he can sign an offer sheet.

That's not correct. The RFA can decline to sign any offer sheets and sign his tender at any time. That's what Wes Welker did when Miami traded him.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Some of the top #'s are skewed by the running QB's - Kyler, Lamar, Wilson, etc.
But there's no considerations for how bad our middle line was. We looked better running right, thanks to the noobs who got thrown in there. Looking weak to the left doesn't offer a lot of hope with getting Whit resigned. Others commented that run blocking isn't his strength. Gotta hope it will be for Noteboom cuz I don't know who we got other than him lined up for the all important LT post.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's not correct. The RFA can decline to sign any offer sheets and sign his tender at any time. That's what Wes Welker did when Miami traded him.
Miami rescinded the tender, which they can do during the initial 30 day period. They were only entitled to a 2nd round pick if they didn’t match, but picked up an additional 7th by agreeing to “cut thru the red tape”.
That article backs up what I’m saying, doesn’t refute it. Miami wouldn’t have worked around it if they were getting less

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Miami rescinded the tender, which they can do during the initial 30 day period. They were only entitled to a 2nd round pick if they didn’t match, but picked up an additional 7th by agreeing to “cut thru the red tape”.
That article backs up what I’m saying, doesn’t refute it. Miami wouldn’t have worked around it if they were getting less

If Miami had rescinded the tenure, he'd have been a FA. Signing an offer sheet is a choice for a RFA, just like it is for a non-exclusive franchised player. They can pass on that choice by signing the tender before the period closes. Once they sign the tender, they're under contract.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
I'm not a fan too soft as a runner. He doesn't run with much oomph between the tackles and doesn't seem to want to grind for extra yardage. He's fast, has quick feet and loose hips, and can be elusive in space, but I don't like him between the tackles. I know we run a lot of outside zone, and he fits well in that sort of system, but I don't want to have a guy who is relegated to only that style of play.
It sounds like you described Gurley last year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Miami had rescinded the tenure, he'd have been a FA. Signing an offer sheet is a choice for a RFA, just like it is for a non-exclusive franchised player. They can pass on that choice by signing the tender before the period closes. Once they sign the tender, they're under contract.
They made the deal work because they were getting more than what the tender called for. Otherwise they wouldn’t have agreed.
Find me where a team had an RFA and agreed to take less than what they were tendered at.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's still crucial the Rams ensure the OL has enough pieces. Right now there's good young talent at a couple spots, and some question marks that will determine how the run game goes in 2020 and by extension our entire offense. If we go into 2020 with our current line I expect mediocre performance at best. So adding to the room is something I think the Rams still need to do regardless of who they add in the RB room.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They made the deal work because they were getting more than what the tender called for. Otherwise they wouldn’t have agreed.
Find me where a team had an RFA and agreed to take less than what they were tendered at.

Okay. Remember when we traded Alex Barron for Bobby Carpenter? We had to wait for Barron to sign his RFA tender before we could finalize the deal.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just as bad as we thought it was.

So which do we need more, a new RB or a better O-line? Will our top second round pick go to RB?
I hope not I rather that go towards the o line or a defensive guy. I think we Should go with the guys we have now especially with our limited draft capital

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Committee. Go with the hot back on any given Sunday as well as the matchup. I like some of our current options. As far as those 3rd and 1's and goaline snotbubble situations...

We're gonna need a bigger back....
tumblr_pdc8lmjaCX1xw3jjro1_500.gif
Yeah, now i have a man crush on Dillon... 6-1 247. Great fit with Henderson... Thunder/ Lightning.

View: https://youtu.be/98Cfb-FC5wA