Rams Running Back Options?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
John Kelly is certainly solid as well, when given a chance. Really, if we can shore up our run blocking, any 3 of these guys can produce, I just think Henderson can be special in that situation.

Not that high on Kelly as he seems to struggle in pass protection and does not have break away speed as well. I might draft someone that offers something more in the passing game, but concur with your assessment on Henderson as they have cleared the decks for him and Henderson's time is now!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
As long as we have an RB that can change the game and we may already. I don't subscribe to the solely a role player or by committee for a position of such importance. If Todd was healthy good chance the SB Liii banner hangs at SoFi.

There are 4 positions that touch the ball by design any given Sunday QB,RB,WR,TE and RB touches the rock at the second greatest rate next to QB. For this reason the RB position no matter how the passing game evolves or Offensive philosophies change teams will always benefit from a game changing RB.

Yes some have succeeded without such a plyer but by comparison it is still a small percentage.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There are physical backs that will be available well into this draft. Not sure McVay will want one of them but they're there. There's also well rounded backs if they want to have the playbook stay relatively the same when they're in the game, where you can sub with Hendy seamlessly.

I get the feeling that McVay & Snead just aren't into the physical type backs though. And I think that is a mistake. This offense had an entirely different look with CJ pounding that rock sharing carries with Gurley not sure why the F they can't just bring him back on the cheap and ensure they have that element in their backfield and then take whoever they covet in the draft. Must have been some harsh words spoken or something, maybe some clashing with Gurley or Peete idk.

But bring CJ back and put his fat ass on a diet. Then cut Brown because no matter how much they might like him he can't stay healthy.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we can swing an ILB somehow, I'd be all for trading up for JK Dobbins (if he falls to day 2 of the draft). Would probably need to trade a 2 and 3 to get to the top of the 2nd.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
If we bring in a FA then grab Freeman or Anderson if he's cheap. Then drop Brown he's good but hurt too offen when needed. And grab a guy in the draft. If we don't get a FA then keep Brown and draft a RB to go along with Henderson. I was all for Brown last year but I'm ready to move on.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Pass blocker caught my eye here. That might be what we miss most from TG. I think it's something they like about Brown as well.

Ya, Henderson still needs to prove he can block in the big league. But you nailed it. "Gotta Pass-Pro"!!!!

It just feels like its going to be a OL & RB as our 1st 2 picks imho

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why not CJ Anderson, he seemed to thrive in Sean’s system. How do you go from wrecking a good Cowboys run D to, no thanks, we don’t need you. At least he’s a known quantity.

Ram65

Legend
I don't get the love for CJ Anderson.

Not one team picked him up last year after he was cut by the Lions week 2.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

1584915569090.png

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Why not CJ Anderson, he seemed to thrive in Sean’s system. How do you go from wrecking a good Cowboys run D to, no thanks, we don’t need you. At least he’s a known quantity.

Had a lot to do with the blocking-with-attitude we had then.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
If we can swing an ILB somehow, I'd be all for trading up for JK Dobbins (if he falls to day 2 of the draft). Would probably need to trade a 2 and 3 to get to the top of the 2nd.

I like Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin a lot. Could be a great pro. Don't know how long he will last in the draft though.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I like Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin a lot. Could be a great pro. Don't know how long he will last in the draft though.
I too like Taylor again he run behind an exceptional oline a trademark of Wisconsin teams.

Ram65

Legend
I don't see the Rams taking one of the top RBs. They probably need a power back to complement Henderson that is well rounded (good pass blocker). The early runs on Qbs, WRs and OTs could leave a very good option in round 3. I find a big back like AJ Dillion intriguing as a nice compliment to Henderson. He has size, balance, pass-catching ability and surprising speed.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He’s with Cleveland, not Kansas City
If Rams sign him to an offer sheet and Cleveland doesn’t match, they owe the Browns a 2nd rounder.
I would figure Cleveland won’t match with the money they have tied up in RB already.