Kerby Joseph, dirty player?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Higbee is twice his size, looked to me initial contact was on the thigh pads

Maybe one might wanna question the QB who hung him out to dry

I suppose Number 31 could have asked Higgs “would you kindly drop to the turf Sir”
Bullshit. Not only is he going for the knees, he drives down into them. And in that position, he could easily take a more proper tackling angle. He literally launches down at the knees of Higbeast. That's dirty and if he is too shitty of a tackler to take down a TE by any other means, he shouldn't be playing.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's different when you could lose 15-30 racks for simply doing your job, and I'm not arguing he didn't mean to go low. He absolutely did but I don't believe he was aiming for his knee intented to hurt higs.
Come on man. You really think that if he goes just a bit higher, he A) doesn't make the tackle, or B) gets fined? Seriously? You think he's that uncoordinated? He clearly targets Higs' knees with momentum that is clearly unnecessary. He could have easily taken him down by going higher and it still would have been a hard hit.

Stafford rarely just goes off on someone unless it's actually dirty (like with the hit to the head of Kupp). It was VERY clear to him. Then that punk apes him? Fuck him. That clitoris can eat a dick.

You mentioned earlier that it is not his job to worry about the offensive player's safety. Well you are clearly ignoring rules like defenseless receiver, spearing, targeting, face masking, horse collar, etc... They all demand that the defensive player consider the safety of the offensive player.

InfiniteRam

Rookie
Come on man. You really think that if he goes just a bit higher, he A) doesn't make the tackle, or B) gets fined? Seriously? You think he's that uncoordinated? He clearly targets Higs' knees with momentum that is clearly unnecessary. He could have easily taken him down by going higher and it still would have been a hard hit.

Stafford rarely just goes off on someone unless it's actually dirty (like with the hit to the head of Kupp). It was VERY clear to him. Then that punk apes him? Fuck him. That clitoris can eat a dick.

You mentioned earlier that it is not his job to worry about the offensive player's safety. Well you are clearly ignoring rules like defenseless receiver, spearing, targeting, face masking, horse collar, etc... They all demand that the defensive player consider the safety of the offensive player.
Anybody justifying what Kirby did just doesn't understand basic fundamentals of football. Higbee was an UPRIGHT target. Any defender could have launched directly into his torso and made a perfect tackle, and this would be the most logical way to dislodge the football.

This idiot launched at Higbee's knee with HIS HEAD DOWN. Justifying these actions is asinine.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
He made a clear choice to go low. You people expecting these defenders to follow unwritten rules in a playoff gm are ridiculous. Do you honestly expect these guys to worry about that shit when the gm is win or go home? Like come on. Yall mad at the wrong person. Get mad at the NFL for making going for the legs the only sure fire way to not draw a flag and catch a fine.
I expect them to play a clean hard hitting game. There's a lot of space between the shoulders and upper thighs to lay a good hit. Lions weren't fighting for a playoff when the same guy took out Hock. A pattern has obviously developed. Blaming the NFL rules is silly. "Okay can't go fo' da' head, gonna go for dem knees, the rulebook don't say so! Not ma' fault!" I also don't see how a defenseless receiver can even run over anyone at that moment.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Anybody justifying what Kirby did just doesn't understand basic fundamentals of football. Higbee was an UPRIGHT target. Any defender could have launched directly into his torso and made a perfect tackle, and this would be the most logical way to dislodge the football.

This idiot launched at Higbee's knee with HIS HEAD DOWN. Justifying these actions is asinine.
It will be interesting to see if the NFL fines him for the hit. They should!

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles

Again that's easy for you to say from your couch. Have you ever played nfl football or any professional sport at the highest level? I know I haven't. So to say anything can be done "easily" is pure arrogance. Hits just like that happen every single gm and have happened alot more recently because it's costly to go high on offensive players. It's a shame that higs got hurt in the process but that's football, it happens. So we gonna call every low hit a dirty hit now....or just the ones that happen to rams players? Because our guy tried to hit laporta the exact same way on the sideline on his injured knee and not a word from any of you about it. Hitting players low is the only way to not draw a flag or a fine, hence why they're doing it. It shouldn't be that hard to understand. Blame the nfl for making it that way.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I expect them to play a clean hard hitting game. There's a lot of space between the shoulders and upper thighs to lay a good hit. Lions weren't fighting for a playoff when the same guy took out Hock. A pattern has obviously developed. Blaming the NFL rules is silly. "Okay can't go fo' da' head, gonna go for dem knees, the rulebook don't say so! Not ma' fault!" I also don't see how a defenseless receiver can even run over anyone at that moment.
It was a clean hit. It was a clean hit against hock too. Hence why no flag was thrown at both and I bet anything he won't be fined either. If the nfl says it's a clean hit then it's a clean hit regardless of how we may feel.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Message to Kerby "Knee-killer" Joseph: This is how to tackle low without trying to end a man's career.

Great low textbook wrap-up tackle play starts at 10:14. The fact that the receiver is not defenseless and running with momentum with a stiff arm is even more impressive. Was just looking for Baker highlights and found this. Yeah okay he's a light 220+ LB only giving away 20 lbs to the TE but still.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMykBLbbD9s

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If he isn't man enough to tackle a tight end, he could have went for the ball, or at least try to wrap up and slow him down until another player gets there.

dang

Legend
It was a clean hit. It was a clean hit against hock too. Hence why no flag was thrown at both and I bet anything he won't be fined either. If the nfl says it's a clean hit then it's a clean hit regardless of how we may feel.
With every post on this subject you are fanning the flames. I’ll go with it’s not illegal therefore no penalty. But it sure as shit was deliberate and avoidable.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Bullshit. Not only is he going for the knees, he drives down into them. And in that position, he could easily take a more proper tackling angle. He literally launches down at the knees of Higbeast. That's dirty and if he is too shitty of a tackler to take down a TE by any other means, he shouldn't be

It will be interesting to see if the NFL fines him for the hit. They should!
On point

Not heard of a fine but this might go a long way in settling this debate, as deplorable as it’s viewed is it a legal hit? And if it was, considering 4th quarter tight loser go home game, not sure how a DB tackles a charging bull that has 60lbs on him over the middle on a collision course

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
With every post on this subject you are fanning the flames. I’ll go with it’s not illegal therefore no penalty. But it sure as shit was deliberate and avoidable.
Did he deliberately go low. Yea of course but I don't believe he intended to Injure.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Ya do it once, it could be a mistake.
When it becomes a thing and it is on tape all over, you have a problem.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Piss on the Lions and that whole organization.. Campbells comments have poured more gas on the fire of hatred that i now have for that bush league bullshit. No way in Hell will i ever root for the bastards to win anything! I hope that loss lights a fire under McVay and the Rams to come back with a vengeance next season. Karma is a MFER! I hope i have a birdseye view when it comes crashing down on those lowlife bastards. Losing is one thing.. deliberately injuring players is not physical its a fucking crime. I cant wait to see them pay. Asshole jerkoffs.. piss on them.
Well rest easy, because I cannot see them winning anything any time soon. QB and coaching are the two most necessary elements to win a Super Bowl IMO. Goff and Cambpell both fall into the "good, perhaps very good, but not elite, and with some very exploitable flaws" category. Add a crappy defence into the equation and I just can't see it.

But it's better to be lucky than good. So who knows. Maybe someone knocks off San Fran for them in the NFC and then the AFC finalist is a Cinderella story that expires. Who knows. I'd hate that situation because it would be the easiest path in a long time, and the Rams could have had it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Maribeth Monroe Comedy GIF by CBS

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Surprisingly enough. A lot of NFL defenders tackle low without leading with the helmet to make first contact. That’s the issue.
It was a legal hit. It wasn’t a clean hit. It was a cheap hit and it proves that this kid is completely ignorant to the well being of his NFL brethren.

The sooner he is out of the league the better it will be for everyone else. If Dan Campbell or one of his assistants is teaching this shit, then he shouldn’t be coaching.
Message to Kerby "Knee-killer" Joseph: This is how to tackle low without trying to end a man's career.

Great low textbook wrap-up tackle play starts at 10:14. The fact that the receiver is not defenseless and running with momentum with a stiff arm is even more impressive. Was just looking for Baker highlights and found this. Yeah okay he's a light 220+ LB only giving away 20 lbs to the TE but still.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMykBLbbD9s

Oh look @Giles its actually possible to tackle below the thigh without leading with the helmet.

What is really funny is that kids in Peewee league are taught to always tackle with the head. I guess Kerby Joseph wasn’t paying attention.