Kerby Joseph, dirty player?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Oh I had you blocked for a few years. Your robotic take on things is absurd. I decided to take a bunch of people off ignore to see if anything has changed. It hasn’t with you.

Let me guess. Before it was illegal to beat your dog you were all for that too.
Then you should add me back to the list gnome because I'm neither a rams homer nor am I a hypocrite. Both of which the vast majority of you are. I think I've made it blatantly obvious that I don't give 2 fucks about your opinion of me or my takes. If yall have a issue with that then block me...that's why it exist.
I don't even know where the second part of that came from but ok.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't agree. I'm not gonna sit here and judge a defender on where he should hit when it's a split second decision.
It’s a repeat of the same thing he did a few weeks before. If he takes out four or five more knees in the remainder of the playoffs are you still fine with it? Six knees next year? Still good? Just because it’s a legal hit, doesn’t mean he should do it. Nor does it mean we should like it.

None of us were okay with it when he did it to Hockenson. We don’t cheer those types of things. Injury at the hands of the lions was my biggest concern going into this. Even if the Rams didn’t win, I didn’t want any of them to be taken out and have another long year of rehabbing a serious injury, especially for Kupp and Stafford.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Then you should add me back to the list gnome because I'm neither a rams homer nor am I a hypocrite. Both of which the vast majority of you are. I think I've made it blatantly obvious that I don't give 2 fucks about your opinion of me or my takes. If yall have a issue with that then block me...that's why it exist.
I don't even know where the second part of that came from but ok.
The second part is an analogy. At one time it was legal to beat your dog. By your logic I’m guessing you would have been okay with watching someone beat their dog if you were to see it back then.

So now we are all hypocrites and homers because we don’t like the hit on Higbee’s knee. Because we think a guy putting the top of his helmet right on a players knee is not okay. Should we celebrate it? Should we say,” Yay that’s football and is totally legal!”, especially less than a week after it happens?

Like I said before, I didnt like it when it happened to Hockenson. I don’t like seeing an unnecessary, avoidable injury to any player on any team. But that makes me a homer somehow.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
It’s a repeat of the same thing he did a few weeks before. If he takes out four or five more knees in the remainder of the playoffs are you still fine with it? Six knees next year? Still good? Just because it’s a legal hit, doesn’t mean he should do it. Nor does it mean we should like it.

None of us were okay with it when he did it to Hockenson. We don’t cheer those types of things. Injury at the hands of the lions was my biggest concern going into this. Even if the Rams didn’t win, I didn’t want any of them to be taken out and have another long year of rehabbing a serious injury, especially for Kupp and Stafford.
Dude hock was running straight at him and he has 50 pounds on him...how us he supposed to hit him? Nobody is cheering for Injuries but it's inevitably going to happen..it's football. Shit happens and unfortunately for him it's happened twice this season. He's been tackling like that this whole time and as long as it's within the rules who tf are we to criticize him for it? He's just trying to do his job. I said it at the beginning all this anger and animosity is directed at the wrong person.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Dude hock was running straight at him and he has 50 pounds on him...how us he supposed to hit him? Nobody is cheering for Injuries but it's inevitably going to happen..it's football. Shit happens and unfortunately for him it's happened twice this season. He's been tackling like that this whole time and as long as it's within the rules who tf are we to criticize him for it? He's just trying to do his job. I said it at the beginning all this anger and animosity is directed at the wrong person.
Once is an accident, twice is negligence.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
The second part is an analogy. At one time it was legal to beat your dog. By your logic I’m guessing you would have been okay with watching someone beat their dog if you were to see it back then.

So now we are all hypocrites and homers because we don’t like the hit on Higbee’s knee. Because we think a guy putting the top of his helmet right on a players knee is not okay. Should we celebrate it? Should we say,” Yay that’s football and is totally legal!”, especially less than a week after it happens?

Like I said before, I didnt like it when it happened to Hockenson. I don’t like seeing an unnecessary, avoidable injury to any player on any team. But that makes me a homer somehow.
Bro we had Ramsey on this team who made some very questionable tackles (the alex Smith hit comes to mind) we also had suh who's a well known dirty player and not a word from anyone. They 4sure didn't get the same energy that Kerby is getting. That's why I said hypocrite. Don't even need to get into why I think yall are some Homer's. The second I don't agree with some of you the 1st thing yall do is question my fandom...like I haven't been here for damn near a decade. If I wasn't a fan I sure as hell wouldn't be on this forum and I damn sure wouldn't post my opinions.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Bro we had Ramsey on this team who made some very questionable tackles (the alex Smith hit comes to mind) and not a word from anyone. They 4sure didn't get the same energy that Kerby is getting. That's why I said hypocrite. Don't even need to get into why I think yall are some Homer's. The second I don't agree with some of you the 1st thing yall do is question my fandom...like I haven't been here for damn near a decade. If I wasn't a fan I sure as hell wouldn't be on this forum and I damn sure wouldn't post my opinions.
How many players did Ramsey injure. I don’t remember any. I do remember him being a very good tackler though. Did he injure anyone twice with the same hit? Refresh my memory.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
How many players did Ramsey injure. I don’t remember any. I do remember him being a very good tackler though. Did he injure anyone twice with the same hit? Refresh my memory.
So just because someone gets hurt from a hit the defender is dirty? Is that the criteria? In that case ad is dirty af.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
@Giles on this and the Sick of "The Story" thread ...

View attachment 63972

Meanwhile....Angry Ram be all

Hungry Seth Rollins GIF by WWE

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Accidents can happen twice gnome. You honestly expect him to change what he's doing when it works and its within rules?
Yes. He claimed to be sorry for injuring Hockenson.

Once is a mistake, twice is negligence.

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.

Is there no moral code? Should players around the league be cheering Joseph for playing within the rules? Do you think other players are looking at that and saying, “he shouldn’t be doing that”. Does he have no respect for other players well being?

Remember the big hit that Rodney McCleod laid along the sideline when Fisher was the coach? I didn’t like that hit. It was legal. But that’s not necessary. How about Rodney Harrison’s hit in preseason to Greene’s knee? Just because there wasn’t a rule against it, doesn’t mean they should do it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So just because someone gets hurt from a hit the defender is dirty? Is that the criteria? In that case ad is dirty af.
AD? Who is he injuring? The already broken Alex Smith? AD doesn’t go for the head or the knees.

And the question is: is doing it twice the same injury the same way dirty? Like I said, if not dirty then it’s negligent and reckless, even careless.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Has there been a fine?

Cuz if not…

Dammit gnome we’ve sparred so many times before, hell sometimes even agree

But if there’s no fine, then it’s within the game

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Yes. He claimed to be sorry for injuring Hockenson.

Once is a mistake, twice is negligence.

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.

Is there no moral code? Should players around the league be cheering Joseph for playing within the rules? Do you think other players are looking at that and saying, “he shouldn’t be doing that”. Does he have no respect for other players well being?

Remember the big hit that Rodney McCleod laid along the sideline when Fisher was the coach? I didn’t like that hit. It was legal. But that’s not necessary. How about Rodney Harrison’s hit in preseason to Greene’s knee? Just because there wasn’t a rule against it, doesn’t mean they should do it.
I can agree to an extent that it's negligence but at the same time this is what the nfl wants. 10 years ago I would agree that this was a dirty hit because the strike zone was much bigger and they didn't have to worry about being flagged, fined, and possibly suspended. It's obviously not like that in this era and I understand that. Going low on these players doesn't result in a flag or a fine so I'm not gonna call a player dirty because he's trying to make a play within the rules and I think it's ridiculous people are on him for this. He's just trying to do his job. It's a damn shame players are getting possibly career injuries because of the hits but the defenders have a job to do offensive players be dammed. If they don't make a play fearing they're gonna hurt someone it could result in them losing their jobs if it happens to many times. The moral code only goes so far.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Has there been a fine?

Cuz if not…

Dammit gnome we’ve sparred so many times before, hell sometimes even agree

But if there’s no fine, then it’s within the game
Here we go again. We are not robots. If it happens once it is an accident. If it happens twice then it’s negligence. Even if it’s legal, it doesn’t mean he should continue to do it. How many more times will he have to take out knees before you say, okay, that’s not right.

As long as it’s not against the rules should Joseph just continue to take out players knees. Say two a game? Maybe three? It’s legal right? That should be the only way he tackles if it gets players off the field and increases his teams chance to win, right?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I can agree to an extent that it's negligence but at the same time this is what the nfl wants. 10 years ago I would agree that this was a dirty hit because the strike zone was much bigger and they didn't have to worry about being flagged, fined, and possibly suspended. It's obviously not like that in this era and I understand that. Going low on these players doesn't result in a flag or a fine so I'm not gonna call a player dirty because he's trying to make a play within the rules and I think it's ridiculous people are on him for this. He's just trying to do his job. It's a damn shame players are getting possibly career injuries because of the hits but the defenders have a job to do offensive players be dammed. If they don't make a play fearing they're gonna hurt someone it could result in them losing their jobs if it happens to many times. The moral code only goes so far.
I understand what you are saying, but being legal doesn’t make it okay. How many more knees does he have to ruin for you to think it’s not okay? Should he do it in every game next year? That would be a lot of knees. But as long as it’s legal right?

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I understand what you are saying, but being legal doesn’t make it okay. How many more knees does he have to ruin for you to think it’s not okay? Should he do it in every game next year? That would be a lot of knees. But as long as it’s legal right?
He's been tackling like that the entire time. If people keep getting hurt because of it and the nfl doesn't do anything who am I to say anything about him? It's the price of business. I'm not gonna expect him to stop doing something when it works and it's within the rules because ppl are getting hurt. If players keep getting hurt it's up to the nfl to make the change not the players.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
A player on my high school soccer team liked to brag about how he knew how to break a guy's leg with a slide tackle. He did it once. (I didn't see it myself, it happened on a different team, but other guys witnessed it). He was one of the biggest and fastest guys on the team, and yeah he liked to brag about it.

If an athlete doesn't give a fuck about injuring an opponent, they can find a way to do it. No question in my mind that Kerby is one of those "I don't give a fuck" types.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Here we go again. We are not robots. If it happens once it is an accident. If it happens twice then it’s negligence. Even if it’s legal, it doesn’t mean he should continue to do it. How many more times will he have to take out knees before you say, okay, that’s not right.

As long as it’s not against the rules should Joseph just continue to take out players knees. Say two a game? Maybe three? It’s legal right? That should be the only way he tackles if it gets players off the field and increases his teams chance to win, right?
Unfortunately yes. It is what it is.