Kerby Joseph, dirty player?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
This is the second time in less than a month that Joseph has targeted a TE's knee and ruptured an ACL. Kerby ended the season of Minnesota's TE Hockenson with a cheap shot on Christmas Eve.

Can the NFL find a way to make this hit illegal? Yeah, a lot of shots go to the knee area, but Kerby looks like he's trying to injure.

IMG_1321.jpeg

The photos and replays look pretty bad to me...

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rl3BdCkXIkw

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
You’d think it would be a targeting call no? However, it’s not as cut and dry as it looks, and I think this is a more dangerous play than a hip drop tackle. Kupp took one earlier this year also.

Higs is defenseless, but doesn’t get hit with the crown of the helmet. Joseph doesn’t wrap up either.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
If higbee doesn’t bobble it, he’s not that high up and most likely wouldn’t be injured. I don’t think it was dirty. He went low on a bigger player. Everyone does it.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know if he's dirty, but he certainly looks low class after his celebration while Higbee was injured. He had a couple moments like that. He's going to take an elbow to the head from a 300 pound lineman sometime soon to remind him to play within the lines.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
He reminds me of Andre "dirty" Waters the Eagle safety. I remember him diving at the knees of Bartkowski in 1986 and Everett in 1988. Bart had to be helped off the field. Everett moved at the last second which softened the blow but knocked him off balance. He started yelling at the refs and making a chop motion down by his knees.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I don't know if he's dirty, but he certainly looks low class after his celebration while Higbee was injured. He had a couple moments like that. He's going to take an elbow to the head from a 300 pound lineman sometime soon to remind him to play within the lines.
Hold my beer - Mike Mitchell

dang

Legend
If higbee doesn’t bobble it, he’s not that high up and most likely wouldn’t be injured. I don’t think it was dirty. He went low on a bigger player. Everyone does it.
The bobble by Higbee put him in a defenseless position. If he caught it clean he would have had time to turn and defend himself. Not saying the defender was trying to injure Higs but his shoulder tackle into his knee was deliberate. So let’s start the conversation from there.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don’t know if it is dirty, it’s tough enough to play the game and you definitely can’t go high.

I do think there were way more questionable head shots from their defense than normal.

Add them all up and I think they’ve got some payback coming their way.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
The bobble by Higbee put him in a defenseless position. If he caught it clean he would have had time to turn and defend himself. Not saying the defender was trying to injure Higs but his shoulder tackle into his knee was deliberate. So let’s start the conversation from there.

Can’t hit him high, and in football the low man wins. I seriously doubt he was intentionally trying to take out someone who was mostly a non factor. Now if he came at Pukas knees…..

Ellard80

Legend
Dude taken out two ACLS....

I feel for Higs... but higs butter fingers cost him there a bit.

As someone mentioned above if he catches that cleanly, he can probably react and save himself.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Higbee is twice his size, looked to me initial contact was on the thigh pads

Maybe one might wanna question the QB who hung him out to dry

I suppose Number 31 could have asked Higgs “would you kindly drop to the turf Sir”