Kerby Joseph, dirty player?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's been tackling like that the entire time. If people keep getting hurt because of it and the nfl doesn't do anything who am I to say anything about him? It's the price of business. I'm not gonna expect him to stop doing something when it works and it's within the rules because ppl are getting hurt. If players keep getting hurt it's up to the nfl to make the change not the players.
So if Kerby takes out two more ACL's this week with the same knee-targeting technique, you still wouldn't blame him, right?

If other players start knee-targeting like Kerby, the NFL will definitely put new rules into place to prevent it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He's been tackling like that the entire time. If people keep getting hurt because of it and the nfl doesn't do anything who am I to say anything about him? It's the price of business. I'm not gonna expect him to stop doing something when it works and it's within the rules because ppl are getting hurt. If players keep getting hurt it's up to the nfl to make the change not the players.
Just because it’s not in the rule book, doesn’t mean we have to like it. It doesn’t mean that we cannot have an opinion that it’s not okay.

That’s the gist of this discussion. You are telling us how we should feel about it. And if we don’t share your feelings on it then we are dumb.

If Kerby Joseph takes out ten knees next season I don’t have to be fine with it. The fact that you would be is a bit unbelievable.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Here we go again. We are not robots. If it happens once it is an accident. If it happens twice then it’s negligence. Even if it’s legal, it doesn’t mean he should continue to do it. How many more times will he have to take out knees before you say, okay, that’s not right.

As long as it’s not against the rules should Joseph just continue to take out players knees. Say two a game? Maybe three? It’s legal right? That should be the only way he tackles if it gets players off the field and increases his teams chance to win, right?
Well said, Elm.

You got @Giles to admit that he's okay with Kerby rupturing the ACL of every player he tackles. As long as there is not a current rule banning knee-targeting, @Giles says Kerby is blameless.

Giles has dug himself in to his position, no matter what, so there's nothing more that needs to be said.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
So if Kerby takes out two more ACL's this week with the same knee-targeting technique, you still wouldn't blame him, right?

If other players start knee-targeting like Kerby, the NFL will definitely put new rules into place to prevent it.
Nope I wouldn't it's within the rules. They better hope so because this is just gonna continue to happen if they don't.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Well said, Elm.

You got @Giles to admit that he's okay with Kerby rupturing the ACL of every player he tackles. As long as there is not a current rule banning knee-targeting, @Giles says Kerby is blameless.

Giles has dug himself in to his position, no matter what, so there's nothing more that needs to be said.
Lmao I don't think I ever ran from that but ok.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Just because it’s not in the rule book, doesn’t mean we have to like it. It doesn’t mean that we cannot have an opinion that it’s not okay.

That’s the gist of this discussion. You are telling us how we should feel about it. And if we don’t share your feelings on it then we are dumb.

If Kerby Joseph takes out ten knees next season I don’t have to be fine with it. The fact that you would be is a bit unbelievable.
Lol their you go again putting words in my mouth. I never said if you don't agree with me that yall are dumb. I did say if you don't understand why this is happening they yea...yall are dumb.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Nope I wouldn't it's within the rules. They better hope so because this is just gonna continue to happen if they don't.
The horsecollar tackle was once legal. You once could dive at a QB's knees. Anyone remember Andre "Dirty" Waters?

Just because something is "legal" by the rules, doesn't mean it's not dirty or at the very least a very unnecessary dangerous "tackle". And it's really not a tackle it's a direct hit on the knees.

Nick Scott's hit on Deebo a couple of yrs ago was a good, hard, and clean hit across his upper body.

This launching at a guys knees is not clean...
1000002826.jpg

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
The horsecollar tackle was once legal. Just because something is "legal" by the rules, doesn't mean it's not dirty or at the very least a very unnecessary dangerous "tackle". And it's really not a tackle it's a direct hit on the knees.

Nick Scott's hit on Deebo a couple of yrs ago was a good, hard, and clean hit across his upper body.

This launching at a guys knees is not clean...
View attachment 63974
The nick scott hit was perfection. But answer me this you think he makes that same tackle 10 times in a row without drawing a flag or a fine? If the answer Isn't yes than that's the point I'm making. Why risk either when they can go low and be safe from both?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The nick scott hit was perfection. But answer me this you think he makes that same tackle 10 times in a row without drawing a flag or a fine? If the answer Isn't yes than that's the point I'm making. Why risk either when they can go low and be safe from both?
Hitting with your head down is not safe fir either player.

This looks safe to you? The dude is going break his own neck someday if he continues to do this...
1000002828.jpg

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Hitting with your head down is not safe fir either player.

This looks safe to you? The dude is going break his own neck someday if he continues to do this...
View attachment 63977
No it doesn't and I've acknowledged that somewhere in this thread. I'm just saying some if not most defenders are gonna go low so they don't get fined or flagged.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
We have rules about hitting a defenseless receiver and we have rules about hitting a QB low in the pocket.

Seems pretty easy to make a rule that you can't hit a defenseless receiver low like that and you are already supposed to not hit with your head down anyway.

Seems like a very logical rule change and I would be surprised if this is not addressed this offseason.

The reality is if it's so legal and safe then every DB should do this. If that were to happen, the league would run out of receivers by mid season.

That doesn't happen though because players know it's dirty as hell and what it would do to their colleagues careers.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
No it doesn't and I've acknowledged that somewhere in this thread. I'm just saying some if not most defenders are gonna go low so they don't get fined or flagged.
Low is hitting him in the thighs above the knee. This is dangerous for the same reason I mentioned above and I don't see this type of hit that often.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Low is hitting him in the thighs above the knee. This is dangerous for the same reason I mentioned above and I don't see this type of hit that often.
Idk what to tell you but I see that same hit at least 3x a gm either attempted or landed and I don't just watch lions and rams gms. Hitting players above the knee doesn't always work. Deebo is a perfect example of this and you can't just ban all below the knee shots because chop blocks are still a thing. It's at the point where the gm is so heavily favored for the offenses that if you take something away they'll have to take something from the offense as well.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Surprisingly enough. A lot of NFL defenders tackle low without leading with the helmet to make first contact. That’s the issue.

It was a legal hit. It wasn’t a clean hit. It was a cheap hit and it proves that this kid is completely ignorant to the well being of his NFL brethren.

The sooner he is out of the league the better it will be for everyone else. If Dan Campbell or one of his assistants is teaching this shit, then he shouldn’t be coaching.

Oh look @Giles its actually possible to tackle below the thigh without leading with the helmet.

What is really funny is that kids in Peewee league are taught to always tackle with the head. I guess Kerby Joseph wasn’t paying attention.
Cool at least someone watched that.

(To no one in particular) I rest my case your honor. I presented my take and have said all I need to say. Giles has his opinion and sticks to the defender's side. Good discussions here without the name calling and I like how civil we've all been. I was always against those knee divers since Waters in the late 80's. Haven't seen much of them around thank goodness. Hope the NFL looks into this but I'm thinking they won't. Wonder if McVay sends them a "Lookee here" note with Stafford's backing but I doubt much changes.

Wishing Higbee a full recovery whether he's ready for the 2024 season or not.

Tano

Legend
So if he kept his head up you wouldn't consider it dirty? If so that doesn't make sense at all.
It does to me because if he gets a knee to his face through the face mask he is probably going to have second thoughts about going for the knee with a broken nose.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So if he kept his head up you wouldn't consider it dirty? If so that doesn't make sense at all.
Actually it does. If he is head up tackling, he is not driving all his momentum into that knee. It's simple physics. By launching with his head down, he is driving full force into the knee rather than spreading his momentum out. If he had his head up, I doubt anyone here would have had a problem with it because it wouldn't have meant pin pointed pressure directly to the side of the knee.

And just stop with this split second garbage. He had plenty of time on that play. Higs was completely defenseless and Joseph speared his head right into the side of his knee. That gets called quite often under the defenseless receiver call. Why? Because it's a dirty hit and players are supposed to be skilled enough to avoid them.