Kerby Joseph, dirty player?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Surprisingly enough. A lot of NFL defenders tackle low without leading with the helmet to make first contact. That’s the issue.

It was a legal hit. It wasn’t a clean hit. It was a cheap hit and it proves that this kid is completely ignorant to the well being of his NFL brethren.

The sooner he is out of the league the better it will be for everyone else. If Dan Campbell or one of his assistants is teaching this shit, then he shouldn’t be coaching.

Oh look @Giles its actually possible to tackle below the thigh without leading with the helmet.

What is really funny is that kids in Peewee league are taught to always tackle with the head. I guess Kerby Joseph wasn’t paying attention.
Let's see. Risk a penalty and a fine vs looking out for another teams player's well-being in a playoff gm. I think the choice is rather obvious here especially considering he had a split second to make said choice.
That clip didn't prove anything. It was 2 completely different situations. Kerby made a play right after higs caught the ball when the other made a play after the receiver made the catch and turned up field. So idk what you or the other poster were trying to prove with that one. Here's a question. Should Durant never play the game again because he attempted the same tackle on laporta. The only difference was he didn't get hurt. If the energy isn't the same for him then no need to discuss this with you further. Idk where it looks like he's leading with his helmet because it looks like he was trying to hit him with his shoulder to me. With the way the game is officiated that hit is considered clean. If you have an issue with that take it up with the nfl...not the player just doing his job.

Last edited:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Let's see. Risk a penalty and a fine vs looking out for another teams player's well-being in a playoff gm. I think the choice is rather obvious here especially considering he had a split second to make said choice.
That clip didn't prove anything. It was 2 completely different situations. Kerby made a play right after higs caught the ball when the other made a play after the receiver made the catch and turned up field. So idk what you or the other poster were trying to prove with that one. Here's a question. Should Durant never play the game again because he attempted the same tackle on laporta. The only difference was he didn't get hurt. If the energy isn't the same for him then no need to discuss this with you further. Idk where it looks like he's leading with his helmet because it looks like he was trying to hit him with his shoulder to me. With the way the game is officiated that hit is considered clean. If you have an issue with that take it up with the nfl...not the player just doing his job.
So do you think Stafford was wrong to say to Joseph, "You're fuckin' dirty"?

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
So do you think Stafford was wrong to say to Joseph, "You're fuckin' dirty"?
No Stafford is entitled to his opinion but that doesn't change that I don't believe it was dirty. From a defenders pov Stafford threw a hospital ball. Depending on who you ask 2 things can be true in this situation.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
Well rest easy, because I cannot see them winning anything any time soon. QB and coaching are the two most necessary elements to win a Super Bowl IMO. Goff and Cambpell both fall into the "good, perhaps very good, but not elite, and with some very exploitable flaws" category. Add a crappy defence into the equation and I just can't see it.

But it's better to be lucky than good. So who knows. Maybe someone knocks off San Fran for them in the NFC and then the AFC finalist is a Cinderella story that expires. Who knows. I'd hate that situation because it would be the easiest path in a long time, and the Rams could have had it.
Damn bro, great post. You have a way cooler than head than myself.

Tano

Legend
Campbell even stated that they teach their players to keep their head up when making a tackle.

It is clear in that video that he kept his head down.

Legal? Yes

Dirty? I am also going to say yes based on the fact that he just did a similar play to Hockenson the week before. He is probably going to learn the hard way when other teams take him down in a similar fashion when blocking.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You are delusional. That’s two different hits that you are trying to mirror to make your point. If the hit in the video is not proof against your lame claim, then neither is Durant’s hit for your lame claim.

I’d say that you are outnumbered on your opinion. Accept that you are wrong and leave it go. Or become a Lions fan because they are the only people on the planet that thinks it was a clean hit.

Last edited:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
You are delusional. That’s two different hits that you are trying to mirror to make your point. I’d the hit in the video is not proof against your lame claim, then neither is Durant’s hit for your lame claim.

I’d say that you are outnumbered on your opinion. Accept that you are wrong and leave it go. Or become a Lions fan because they are the only people on the planet that thinks it was a clean hit.
Could be he already is?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
@Giles on this and the Sick of "The Story" thread ...

1705634714988.png

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
You are delusional. That’s two different hits that you are trying to mirror to make your point. I’d the hit in the video is not proof against your lame claim, then neither is Durant’s hit for your lame claim.

Lmao.. was he fined? Was he penalized? So being "outnumbered" by a bunch of random ppl on a forum is irrelevant. The powers at be don't agree with you they agree with me. If you don't like that then block me.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Campbell even stated that they teach their players to keep their head up when making a tackle.

It is clear in that video that he kept his head down.

Legal? Yes

Dirty? I am also going to say yes based on the fact that he just did a similar play to Hockenson the week before. He is probably going to learn the hard way when other teams take him down in a similar fashion when blocking.
So if he kept his head up you wouldn't consider it dirty? If so that doesn't make sense at all.

Ellard80

Legend
its not good tackling form to lower your head and hit someone in the knee

you don't see what you are hitting and can concuss yourself.

It's bad football period.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
its not good tackling form to lower your head and hit someone in the knee

you don't see what you are hitting and can concuss yourself.

It's bad football period.
You're right it isn't but even if his head was up or down it wouldn't have changed the outcome. So ppl trying to use that he had his head down as some kind of proof the guy is a dirty player makes zero sense to me.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're right it isn't but even if his head was up or down it wouldn't have changed the outcome. So ppl trying to use that he had his head down as some kind of proof the guy is a dirty player makes zero sense to me.

It's dirty because he went for the knee when he 100% didn't have to.

Higbee was running sideline to sideline. He was no threat at all to a player running north to south. And his arms were up in the air. There was a huge target between his armpit and knee. He could have hit him anywhere and laid the boom and higbee would have went down with a thud.

He chose to go straight for the knee. Dirty as fuck.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Lmao.. was he fined? Was he penalized? So being "outnumbered" by a bunch of random ppl on a forum is irrelevant. The powers at be don't agree with you they agree with me. If you don't like that then block me.
Oh I had you blocked for a few years. Your robotic take on things is absurd. I decided to take a bunch of people off ignore to see if anything has changed. It hasn’t with you.

Let me guess. Before it was illegal to beat your dog you were all for that too.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
It's dirty because he went for the knee when he 100% didn't have to.

Higbee was running sideline to sideline. He was no threat at all to a player running north to south. And his arms were up in the air. There was a huge target between his armpit and knee. He could have hit him anywhere and laid the boom and higbee would have went down with a thud.

He chose to go straight for the knee. Dirty as fuck.

I don't agree. I'm not gonna sit here and judge a defender on where he should hit when it's a split second decision.