Kerby Joseph, dirty player?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was watching highlights from the game. On a screen to the left side, Puka catches the ball and you can see Joseph running across the field. Instead of going after Puka, he dove right at Aleric Jackson’s knees. Jackson didn’t have the ball and I imagine Joseph thought he would explode etc it. Fortunately Aleric jumped over the attempt.

Joseph ran past the direction that Nacua was running toward, and tried to try to cut block Jackson. Why didn’t he try to make the tackle instead?

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Actually it does. If he is head up tackling, he is not driving all his momentum into that knee. It's simple physics. By launching with his head down, he is driving full force into the knee rather than spreading his momentum out. If he had his head up, I doubt anyone here would have had a problem with it because it wouldn't have meant pin pointed pressure directly to the side of the knee.

And just stop with this split second garbage. He had plenty of time on that play. Higs was completely defenseless and Joseph speared his head right into the side of his knee. That gets called quite often under the defenseless receiver call. Why? Because it's a dirty hit and players are supposed to be skilled enough to avoid them.
I don't agree with that. The second higs got hurt on a low hit I believe ppl around here would've called him dirty regardless if his form was perfect or not. He already didn't get flagged on the play if he doesn't get fined then the nfl has spoken. It is what it is even if ppl don't like it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't agree with that. The second higs got hurt on a low hit I believe ppl around here would've called him dirty regardless if his form was perfect or not. He already didn't get flagged on the play if he doesn't get fined then the nfl has spoken. It is what it is even if ppl don't like it.
Players get away with stuff. The Niners do all of the time. So that argument is pointless.

We’ve established already that it is not considered a illegal hit. But, it doesn’t mean he should keep doing it.

We have also established that as long as it’s a legal hit that you would be fine with Joseph taking out 10+ knees per season. You are just a different breed. Most of us don’t like to see players on any team be needlessly, seriously injured.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
A sideways insult is still an insult. A backhanded insult is still an insult. It seems to be your thing.
You acting like I haven't been insulted multiple times because of this subject alone. You yourself insulted me multiple times in one post. So it's OK for me to be insulted simply because you don't agree with me?

Last edited:

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Players get away with stuff. The Niners do all of the time. So that argument is pointless.

We’ve established already that it is not considered a illegal hit. But, it doesn’t mean he should keep doing it.

We have also established that as long as it’s a legal hit that you would be fine with Joseph taking out 10+ knees per season. You are just a different breed. Most of us don’t like to see players on any team be needlessly, seriously injured.
If the nfl considers a player dirty they will go out of their way to fine or flag them. Burfict, incognito, and suh are perfect examples of this.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I was watching highlights from the game. On a screen to the left side, Puka catches the ball and you can see Joseph running across the field. Instead of going after Puka, he dove right at Aleric Jackson’s knees. Jackson didn’t have the ball and I imagine Joseph thought he would explode etc it. Fortunately Aleric jumped over the attempt.

Joseph ran past the direction that Nacua was running toward, and tried to try to cut block Jackson. Why didn’t he try to make the tackle instead?
It's normal for dbs to cut the lineman on screens and when they're pulling so there teammates can make the play.

Ellard80

Legend
It's normal for dbs to cut the lineman on screens and when they're pulling so there teammates can make the play.
That's a penalty in college I've seen called - thought it was in the NFL also but I'm not certain.

You know why it's a penalty? Because its dangerous for everyone.

Ellard80

Legend
Also Stafford calling him dirty isn't from watching Youtube...

This was something they likely discussed in meetings and practice.

That's pretty revealing.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
That's a penalty in college I've seen called - thought it was in the NFL also but I'm not certain.

You know why it's a penalty? Because its dangerous for everyone.
I'm not sure either but I seen it done so much that I thought it was normal.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Like I said already ... Bitchassness

Stafford is 1000% more qualified to award the label dirty play/player than anyone "in here". I'll side with him.

If you watch that Instagram clip I posted with Stafford going out of his way to verbally call that pos out as "dirty as fuck" it is actually almost shocking. I cannot remember seeing another player make such an effort and basically create a scene like that on the field of play during a game to BLATANTLY call out and embarrass another player like that. Much less a player of Stafford's stature/fame. Then to be fortunate enough to get the recording of what was actually said on top of it. Wow. Well, they did have to bleep out many of the choice precisely chosen words Matthew used directly in the face of that scumbag piece of shit. You hardly ever see that kind of interaction in this league. It's rare for a reason too.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah, I think Alim McNeill’s pretty fucking dirty as well with the two hits he put on Stafford. Second one was egregious and was the one that got Stafford hurt.

Ellard80

Legend
Like I said already ... Bitchassness

Stafford is 1000% more qualified to award the label dirty play/player than anyone "in here". I'll side with him.

If you watch that Instagram clip I posted with Stafford going out of his way to verbally call that pos out as "dirty as fuck" it is actually almost shocking. I cannot remember seeing another player make such an effort and basically create a scene like that on the field of play during a game to BLATANTLY call out and embarrass another player like that. Much less a player of Stafford's stature/fame. Then to be fortunate enough to get the recording of what was actually said on top of it. Wow. Well, they did have to bleep out many of the choice precisely chosen words Matthew used directly in the face of that scumbag piece of shit. You hardly ever see that kind of interaction in this league. It's rare for a reason too.
Stafford said "it's on film"

And it's not just one hit on Hockenstein - its way more than that.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
That play turned the tide of the game and we also lose our RB. The Lions said they were going to beat the Rams up physically and they did.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
There’s a date looming for Joseph and the little pussy cats and I can’t wait!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
200w.gif