Kerby Joseph, dirty player?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He could aim higher. I mean most helmet to helmet hits end up being incidental and still get flagged.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
No..not even close. Dbs have been going low on bigger players forever it's just now getting more attention because if they go high it's either a flag, fine, or both. Blame the nfl not the player just doing his job.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
No..not even close. Dbs have been going low on bigger players forever it's just now getting more attention because if they go high it's either a flag, fine, or both. Blame the nfl not the player just doing his job.
They don’t all go right at the knee. Otherwise this would be an every game occurrence.

Instead of owning that it was not the best form, or saying it was an accident that he hit his knee that way, he and his teammates are blaming Stafford for throwing that pass to Higbee.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
They could avoid most penalties and injuries if they made diving into a player illegal. You don't ever see rugby players tackle like that it's really only because NFL players wear helmets and pads. You want form tackling with less injuries take better measures

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
It was a dirty ass hit. Higbee is running sideways and the Lions DB is coming downhill. If he hit and wrapped him at the stomach to thigh area with all that momentum, its a hard hit and tackle without the injury.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They could avoid most penalties and injuries if they made diving into a player illegal. You don't ever see rugby players tackle like that it's really only because NFL players wear helmets and pads. You want form tackling with less injuries take better measures

If a rugby league player attacked the knee like that he would be sent from the field and cop a long suspension.

There's no excuse for hits like that. But the nfl saw that fuck Mikah Fitzpatrick snap chubb's leg in half and did nothing about it. If anyone is to blame it's the nfl for allowing these fucks to injure these players with no recourse.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This is the second time in less than a month that Joseph has targeted a TE's knee and ruptured an ACL. Kerby ended the season of Minnesota's TE Hockenson with a cheap shot on Christmas Eve.

Can the NFL find a way to make this hit illegal? Yeah, a lot of shots go to the knee area, but Kerby looks like he's trying to injure.

View attachment 63901

The photos and replays look pretty bad to me...

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rl3BdCkXIkw

YEP - Chris Collinsworth said if you ask NFL players which HIT they would rather be penalized for targeting Every PLAYER he ask would say a hit to the Head.This is career ENDING!!

Totally DIRTY!! Stafford went up to him afterwards & Dude Did a Dance like F—-YOU !!

Should be an ejection & penalty,Fine & Suspension!! There is NO PLACE for THAT!!
You can see when a Player is Targeting or NOT!! That was on purpose & your post sort of proves the severity
SETVERITY of it!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If a rugby league player attacked the knee like that he would be sent from the field and cop a long suspension.

There's no excuse for hits like that. But the nfl saw that fuck Mikah Fitzpatrick snap chubb's leg in half and did nothing about it. If anyone is to blame it's the nfl for allowing these fucks to injure these players with no recourse.

RUIN CAREERS !! Then the salary cap to replace those players is priceless.

ASK RB’s & why they don’t get paid. Thanks Todd Gurley!

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
They don’t all go right at the knee. Otherwise this would be an every game occurrence.

Instead of owning that it was not the best form, or saying it was an accident that he hit his knee that way, he and his teammates are blaming Stafford for throwing that pass to Higbee.
He didn't "go right for his knee" he simply went low on a much bigger player which is normal. Its more than fair to criticize Stafford in that situation, he left higs out to dry and he got hurt..it happens. Had the throw been lower we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
YEP - Chris Collinsworth said if you ask NFL players which HIT they would rather be penalized for targeting Every PLAYER he ask would say a hit to the Head.This is career ENDING!!

Totally DIRTY!! Stafford went up to him afterwards & Dude Did a Dance like F—-YOU !!

Should be an ejection & penalty,Fine & Suspension!! There is NO PLACE for THAT!!
You can see when a Player is Targeting or NOT!! That was on purpose & your post sort of proves the severity
SETVERITY of it!!
Should have been a penalty as well for taunting since he was all happy he hurt someone as well. Rams were screwed by refs, but I'm preaching to the choir lol

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
It was a dirty ass hit. Higbee is running sideways and the Lions DB is coming downhill. If he hit and wrapped him at the stomach to thigh area with all that momentum, its a hard hit and tackle without the injury.
That's so easy to say from you couch. It's not the defenders job to worry about offensive players safety.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
That's so easy to say from you couch. It's not the defenders job to worry about offensive players safety.
I may not have played professional ball but I did play past high school (nothing special tho hahaha). Usually players that hit that low are folks that are scared to hit the shit outta someone properly. I've laid the wood on dudes much bigger than me based on angle, momentum, and leverage. Never went as low as the knees on anyone. Its one thing if a player commits and ends up that low, but its another when the purposely aim low like Kerby did. Hey, but you know everything right? Good comeback tho:laugh1:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

By the way, I was watching the game at a bar and grill sitting in a chair, not a couch. You need to get that shit right Giles! :laugh1::laugh2::laugh3::laugh4:

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I may not have played professional ball but I did play past high school (nothing special tho hahaha). Usually players that hit that low are folks that are scared to hit the shit outta someone properly. I've laid the wood on dudes much bigger than me based on angle, momentum, amd leverage. Never went as low as the knees on anyone. Its one thing if a player commits and ends up that low, but its another when the purposely aim low like Kerby did. Hey, but you know everything right? Good comeback tho:laugh1:
lmao says the guy who apparently knows he went straight for the knee. Gtfoh with that shit. You don't know, you're just assuming he did with zero proof. You played in high school bro... high school, probably years ago when you could light ppl up with zero repercussions. This is the nfl. You go high it's very likely that you either get a flag, fine, or probably both. Idk about you, but I much rather go low than hurt my team and my pockets for trying to light someone up, and no trying to tackle someone who's has 50+ pounds on in the middle likely isn't going to work. He literally did commit to going low... yet you still over here calling him dirty for a completely legal play. Make that make sense.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
lmao says the guy who apparently knows he went straight for the knee. Gtfoh with that shit. You don't know, you're just assuming he did with zero proof. You played in high school bro... high school, probably years ago when you could light ppl up with zero repercussions. This is the nfl. You go high it's very likely that you either get a flag, fine, or probably both. Idk about you, but I much rather go low than hurt my team and my pockets for trying to light someone up, and no trying to tackle someone who's has 50+ pounds on in the middle likely isn't going to work.
You can laugh but you can't read, I literally said I played past high school, but that shit was community college which I'm not bragging about at all quite honestly lol. I'm definitely not gtfoh so you can save that weak shit for someone else. However, I'm definitely not the biggest dude, but I wasn't a pussy about hitting people either. Higbee was in the air so he literally has no balance if he hits him hard in the thigh to stomach area. Kerby aimed low on purpose with a shit ton of momentum. Higbee was gonna get rocked one way or another but it was his knee that took it all in. I'll just give you the line I give everyone when we don't agree. We'll simply agree to disagree. I respect your point of view but I just don't believe that and that's ok.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Well hopefully you were eating good. I know I was.
Yes I was Giles and please for the life of me remember, my shit talking is all in good nature so don't take anything I said as personal. I just love shooting the shit and talking it. I have nothing but love for my Rams brothers and sisters.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
You can laugh but you can't read, I literally said I played past high school, but that shit was community college which I'm not bragging about at all quite honestly lol. I'm definitely not gtfoh so you can save that weak shit for someone else. However, I'm definitely not the biggest dude, but I wasn't a pussy about hitting people either. Higbee was in the air so he literally has no balance if he hits him hard in the thigh to stomach area. Kerby aimed low on purpose with a shit ton of momentum. Higbee was gonna get rocked one way or another but it was his knee that took it all in. I'll just give you the line I give everyone when we don't agree. We'll simply agree to disagree. I respect your point of view but I just don't believe that and that's ok.
It's different when you could lose 15-30 racks for simply doing your job, and I'm not arguing he didn't mean to go low. He absolutely did but I don't believe he was aiming for his knee intented to hurt higs.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Yes I was Giles and please for the life of me remember, my shit talking is all in good nature so don't take anything I said as personal. I just love shooting the shit and talking it. I have nothing but love for my Rams brothers and sisters.
It's all good chapo.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
It's different when you could lose 15-30 racks for simply doing your job, and I'm not arguing he didn't mean to go low. He absolutely did but I don't believe he was aiming for his knee intented to hurt higs.
I'm sure if he would have lost all those racks, I would think his teammates would pitch in to help out with that if he rocked Higbee, I know I would hahaha. I think he was trying to hit him low to essentially make Higbee have a hard landing and aimed for that knee area but its ok if we disagree there. I'm also basing this on the fact that this guy literally took out another tight end by targeting the same area. At the end of the day, it sucks that we lost Higbee to that hit for an extended period tho as well as the game. We should have won that game but nothing we can do about it know but vent and eventually move on.