Joique Bell Has Had ENOUGH of Jared Goff in Detroit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
The Texans have shown up to compete a couple times against NE and Cleveland and they've actually won a game despite all that's going on in the FO and Deshaun Watson. They have a rookie 3rd round pick at QB with barely any college experience playing decent to good at times. The coach has been openly admitting he's been screwing up decisions and game management.

At least the Texans can move the damn ball, score, and compete.
The Lions showed they could compete against Vikings and Ravens and they put up 33 on the Niners defense.

WestCoastRam

Legend
They inked him because his arm talent is off the charts and I suppose they banked on him getting it.
He's still really young. Look at Tannehill, some guys just take longer than others. Arm talent like Goff has doesnt grow on trees.

And Tannehill has the best RB in the league and eats out on dinner with play-action. What could have been if the wheels didn't fall off on Gurley.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
The Goff hate out there is interesting.

Some hate him because, after writing him off in year 1, he made them look silly in years 2 and 3. Now, they're getting their "payback."

Some hate him because they like Wentz better (though, to this point, I'd say Goff has had a better career overall).

Some hate him because he's a pretty boy who doesn't present as a guy who has struggled through adversity.

Some hate him because they are married to the narrative that the Rams should not have paid him (a narrative built on hindsight and incomplete analysis).

Some hate him because he got drunk one night, broke into an animal shelter, and shaved all the puppies (just seeing who is still reading this).

I have no animosity towards him at all. This Sunday, though, I'd like to see him sacked 10 time and turn the ball over 5 times as the Rams win big.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I think Goff will have one of his best games of the year this Sunday. Jared and the Lions will be major up for this game.

But as long as we don’t lay a turd, it won’t matter win/loss wise.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The Lions showed they could compete against Vikings and Ravens and they put up 33 on the Niners defense.

I knew this statement was going to come.

The Lions had no business being up in that game. Alexander Mattison absolutely gifted them a fumble and gave them a short field. They had only scored 6 pts the whole game to that point against the Vikings trash D.

Ditto Ravens. Lions were super fortunate that Hollywood Brown dropped 3 surefire TD passes. If he just caught one they Lions would've been done right there, instead of giving up a 4th and 19.

The shitters were blowing them out until they got sloppy and turnovers kept giving Detroit chances. Guess TOs really do make impacts.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Goff hate out there is interesting.
I don't think anyone here hates him. Using myself as an example to say that he looks like he's shitting his pants when he drops back is not hating on him, it is what he looks like dropping back. The dude looks scared. He looks like a babe in the woods. And when I see that I just feel enormous relief that he's gone. Where my frustrations come out is posters who don't allow themselves to see his issues because they're still busy making excuses for him. And the reason that annoys me is because I did it too for the entirety of the 2019 season and into the first few games of 2020.

Mentioned this already and will again... He has 8 turnovers in six games. In those six games 2 of them could have easily been Detroit wins. So Detroit is potentially a 2-3 team even as bad as everyone agrees they are. So clearly the guy has to cut down those turnovers, and I don't think all the hubbub around here about Campbell calling him out is any sort of story because I get his frustrations. That 4th down play was absolutely terrible man. It's the kind of play that can haunt a QB if they don't start turning things around, the type of play people point to, like the infamous butt fumble.

People around the league know that he's in a situation where the talent around him is low now. But what they're going to expect from him is smart play which encompasses everything from knowing the down/distance, not turning the ball over, and taking what is there without putting his team in a hole. Hopefully he doesn't do that shit this weekend. :laugh1:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't disagree there Tomas. But I will say look how long Bradford's sorry checkdown-throwing ass hung around in the NFL. Teams are in love with talent at this level. Goff has it so I think he'll get a couple more chances.

Like I said before he was moved what is important for him is fixing the shit he's doing wrong. I know that he is fucking up his reads. I know he's missing open options more than he should. But why are those things happening. Is it because he quit caring, the girlfriend or the paycheck? Or is it because he succumbed to that battered QB shit and he's just full of jitters now. I honestly have no idea but I'm glad he's Detroit's problem.

IMO - just to stand up for Jared Goff is he needs a certain structure.I think if he was in Miami then that team would be better.

Detroit’s biggest problem with Jared Goff is his contract.Once he becomes of value salary cap wise to a team is when he will be a asset.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think Goff will either be a backup QB or out of the league within two years.
I don't think he'll be out of the league. A backup with starter experience would be a commodity teams like. He might have to take a huge paycut, but he'd be worth signing as a backup for the right price.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
I knew this statement was going to come.

The Lions had no business being up in that game. Alexander Mattison absolutely gifted them a fumble and gave them a short field. They had only scored 6 pts the whole game to that point against the Vikings trash D.

Ditto Ravens. Lions were super fortunate that Hollywood Brown dropped 3 surefire TD passes. If he just caught one they Lions would've been done right there, instead of giving up a 4th and 19.

The shitters were blowing them out until they got sloppy and turnovers kept giving Detroit chances. Guess TOs really do make impacts.
I know I bet the Niners :angry:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Some hate him because he got drunk one night, broke into an animal shelter, and shaved all the puppies (just seeing who is still reading this).

Was that before or after the video surfaced of him conducting a satanic baby duck sacrifice ritual??

I don't think anyone here hates him.

I don' t think you do (and think you have generally done well in focusing your critiques to on-field matters). Nor do I think most here actively hate him. But there are a few here who acted like he got caught fucking their girlfriend or mom or something. And there are several who took the opportunity of his declining play to attack his character in general, which was total bullshit.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was that before or after the video surfaced of him conducting a satanic baby duck sacrifice ritual??

I don' t think you do (and think you have generally done well in focusing your critiques to on-field matters). Nor do I think most here actively hate him. But there are a few here who acted like he got caught fucking their girlfriend or mom or something. And there are several who took the opportunity of his declining play to attack his character in general, which was total bullshit.
Well he did text the team that he wanted to 'pipe' McVay's girlfriend. :devil:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True. I would pipe Sean's girlfriend too.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
You know what I found odd and just had me think back to many occasions and one particular game where almost a lot of us in this forum were asking the same question or stating it.

So typically at work we have sports radio or in car etc. So I'm not one to always buy into the sports media or any media for that matter but the reason this one got my attention is because of what I said above.

This week Bart and Hahn it's a national show and while Bart is funny he can also be a clown that said he is in the know with former colleagues and his fellow peers when it comes to some NFL stuff. Hahn I like we have pretty much opposite teams and views but I respect him.

Now all that said this week on at least two different occasions Bart Scott states in all seriousness and as a joke at times that Goff had issues with weed and he knows for a fact. He said it again today in joking fashion but serious and Hahn said to him " so your still putting that out there huh."

My point one game specific I'm sure someone will remember it might have been whiners 2nd game??? A lot of us were posting saying he looked high hungover or maybe personal life stuff with gf etc.

Now I'm not saying he is/was but a lot of us said that day and other days he looked high as a kite or hungover.

I root and watch the dude every week except this week obviously but if any of that is true would explain why he looked like he was in a fog or lost sometimes. Who knows. Just found it interesting that Scott was pretty firm and didn't move off his comments at all. Any you guys heard or firmly believed that at any point???

Either way I hope we crush Detroit this week and next week I can go back to rooting for Goff.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now all that said this week on at least two different occasions Bart Scott states in all seriousness and as a joke at times that Goff had issues with weed and he knows for a fact. He said it again today in joking fashion but serious and Hahn said to him " so your still putting that out there huh."
First I've heard about that. Would not surprise me though tbh, as it would explain how Goff could put up the terrible film he did in 2020 vs Miami and SF but also put up the excellent film he did vs Tampa. Like I've been saying I don't know why he wasn't the same guy in certain outings but only that he wasn't the same guy he used to be.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
First I've heard about that. Would not surprise me though tbh, as it would explain how Goff could put up the terrible film he did in 2020 vs Miami and SF but also put up the excellent film he did vs Tampa. Like I've been saying I don't know why he wasn't the same guy in certain outings but only that he wasn't the same guy he used to be.

Yea even though a lot of posters said it. It wasn't something that I would take or say seriously but a lot of our fellow posters are very knowledgeable and I blew it off as another bad game etc. However hearing it from a dude that played and is connected in the sport also him not backing off of it. Just made me think a bit. Who knows I just hope after this week Goff gets it together for his sake hope nobody boos him as he doesn't deserve that at all.

That said I love our new quarter back the offense while still some quirks it's like going from panic attacks to being able to breathe with Stafford. I always can't wait for rams football but this year has been a bit different with more salavating lol.

Tano

Legend
IMO - just to stand up for Jared Goff is he needs a certain structure.I think if he was in Miami then that team would be better.

Detroit’s biggest problem with Jared Goff is his contract.Once he becomes of value salary cap wise to a team is when he will be a asset.
25 M each year for 2 years after this - yeah that is too high for a back-up

Of course Detroit could drop him next year for only 15 M cap hit - one year with them sucking the field - they probably have a low cap right now - they could probably afford that if they wanted to

Status
Not open for further replies.