Joique Bell Has Had ENOUGH of Jared Goff in Detroit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
25 yard line with a chance to tie.
View attachment 49144

Lol I know the script. Way to ignore SFs late screw ups. Whatever helps to keep your boy propped up with empty calories in garbage time.

He lost. The first of many. Good night.

iron man kiss GIF

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Personally it's gotta be Brad Holmes taking some salt too. Dude saw first hand how JG did. They signed Breshard Perriman and then promptly cut him. Took a LT at a high pick when you can find decent tackles in FA or later rounds.
Honestly the 2 first rounders were a lot of the value for Stafford. Goff was part of it for sure but they're not gonna be like "oh so you guys want our QB that badly but you're also gonna tell us how great Goff is and we're gonna agree with you." The Rams going in hard for Stafford basically submarined any value they'd have in moving Goff (as far as Detroit is concerned).

So I think Brad is in good shape regardless of whether that works out. He's gonna have a lot of picks and cap space to load that team this offseason.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Goff is the same hes been the last 3-4 years. Can make any throw and can look like a top 10 qb but he needs good blocking to do so. Once you get pressure on him he greatly struggles and looks like a near backup level qb. sadly that may never change, but i dont think a bad game here or a good game there is really note worthy or changes anything cuz in the end is still exactly what hes been. until/if he learns to handle pressure its not gonna change imo. dont really get the point of posting about him each week after a good or bad performance

Shuie3225

Starter
So a chance to tie the game is garbage time. Got it.
When teams are up 42-17 they start playing prevent, 3 deep zone shells so nothing goes over their head. Check down charlies like Goff can get yards in those scenarios by throwing to their backs which is what he did. I think his point is the game wasn't close at all until the very end when SF changed their defensive philosophy. That plus a SF fumble within the last 3 min. Plus an onside kick recovery for Det. If they dont lucky with the SF fumble or the onside kick the game is 42-25.

Shuie3225

Starter
@Giles you're still here?? Lol you just sit around and read and laugh at comments now? Can't muster up the courage to get involved in conversation since your poster child is stinking up the league and about to get benched? I guess thats one way to admit you were wrong. Where is all the Goff is better than Stafford talk now? Figured you left for the Lions forum already.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When teams are up 42-17 they start playing prevent, 3 deep zone shells so nothing goes over their head. Check down charlies like Goff can get yards in those scenarios by throwing to their backs which is what he did. I think his point is the game wasn't close at all until the very end when SF changed their defensive philosophy. That plus a SF fumble within the last 3 min. Plus an onside kick recovery for Det. If they dont lucky with the SF fumble or the onside kick the game is 42-25.
It's not garbage time when the team has the ball in their hands with a chance to tie. And it wasnt garbage time when they scored to make it 41-25 as it was apparent that Goff could get the team down the field. Dismissing the effort, and the comeback is merely barking at the moon. Have to give credit when its due

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
It's not garbage time when the team has the ball in their hands with a chance to tie. And it wasnt garbage time when they scored to make it 41-25 as it was apparent that Goff could get the team down the field. Dismissing the effort, and the comeback is merely barking at the moon. Have to give credit when its due
Give it up - Angry Ram is completely unrealistic with his hatred of "Goff's play" - is that better Angry?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Actually was conversing with some of my Ram compadres yesterday and I guess I don't miss Goff because I never really felt confident with him at QB. I preferred Wentz, but was 100% behind Goff once he donned horns. Now I always thought there was something missing, but was confident he was the best option the Rams had in years.

Now, I don't root against him, I've rooted for him to play well and do well for Detroit, but this week, not so much. Again I could see Goff ending up somewhere as a backup and then taking over and being a top tier QB and I could also see him riding off into the sunset as a backup QB that has the ability to win some games when called upon.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess I don't miss Goff because I never really felt confident with him at QB. I preferred Wentz
I honestly believe this is the source of much of the disdain towards Goff who was by all accounts a good person on and off the field and gave us a lot of winning football. That’s what was always confusing to me….it’s fine to want an upgrade, see Goff’s flaws (of which there are many), and be happier with Stafford, I just never understood the seemingly obsessive level of hatred the guy got and continues to get. I mean look at this thread….so many seem genuinely happy with Goff’s struggles as if it validates them. I certainly never saw anything out of Goff that would make me glad he’s struggling elsewhere. However I am starting to understand a lot of it (certainly not all) is Wentz guys who never moved on.

And it’s not exclusive to one side either…should Stafford struggle or fail to deliver in the post season I fully expect the other side to come crawling from the depths looking for their own “I told ya so” moment. Just look at the packers game there was a thread made prior to the second half collapse while Goff was playing well trying to reach those ends.

It’s disappointing to say the least that there is such division on this board and even more so that people try to hide it and express the actuality of their point in parallel ways but the true intents are not what they seem. Honestly it’s a big reason I don’t enjoy posting on here as much lately.

Not trying to single you out or even suggest this is your personal case @den-the-coach just a good opportunity to point something out.

Last edited:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Goff clearly lives rent free in some of your heads. Honestly evaluating his level of play is one thing, but what some of you guys are saying is just over the top. I don't know if some of you need to get outside and touch some grass or what, but it's it's kind of sad.

Honestly it’s a big reason I don’t enjoy posting on here as much lately.

I've been feeling that way lately as well. This is a great hub for Rams news and discussion, but the type of discourse that some want to consistently engage in really takes away from the enjoyment. How is it that this board was a more positive place when we were in the basement for a decade?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not trying to single you out or even suggest this is your personal case @den-the-coach just a good opportunity to point something out.

Totally understood and Goff reminds of this girl I dated, let's call her Amy. I just got over a difficult relationship and wanted to take a break, but Amy was interested and although there was not an attraction for me, I'm a military man at 20, so you know. Anyway, Amy was super nice, treated me outstanding and was up for anything I wanted to do. She praised me all of the time and in the end the relationship lasted 6 months because it just wasn't there for me.

Goff was like that at QB for me and maybe for others, great kid, said and did the right things, but I never felt anything other than, "He's a nice QB and does some good things." Again, like Amy, I will always root for Jared and I would tell Jared like I did Amy, "It's not you, it's me and you deserve better."

Tano

Legend
Goff clearly lives rent free in some of your heads. Honestly evaluating his level of play is one thing, but what some of you guys are saying is just over the top. I don't know if some of you need to get outside and touch some grass or what, but it's it's kind of sad.

I've been feeling that way lately as well. This is a great hub for Rams news and discussion, but the type of discourse that some want to consistently engage in really takes away from the enjoyment. How is it that this board was a more positive place when we were in the basement for a decade?
Ehh - I just don't like some of the pure vitriol that some members throw at Goff.

Other than that, I am fine with this board.

However, we definitely need to move on (myself included).

After this game, I hope we can just put Goff away and not talk about him the rest of the season (yeah right).

I have hopes anyway.

Moving on.

Angry Ram

Give it up - Angry Ram is completely unrealistic with his hatred of "Goff's play" - is that better Angry?

Unrealistic. That's a good one. Everything I've described RE Jared Goff's is 100% true. Dude regressed. It's never been personnel. Go look at my history. Hell I was the one saying he was going to have a career year at the beginning of 2020, but the dude regressed way too damn much to the point of liability. How many passes does one player get? I've never seen so many prop ups for any player on any team.

The sensitivity over Jared freakin Goff is wild to me.

And the people saying/thinking I should be thankful for his time, and comparing it to the hell hole of 2007-2012: No. Once you get success, change the culture of your org, expectations change and the bar is set higher. The goal is to win a title. Not hoping you get into the playoffs week 17 on the road w/ a backup rookie.

I am not going to be rooting him as a Lion, or whatever other team he ultimately will end up on in a year or two.

Exactly. They were getting destroyed. They (the shitters) had a DPI less than 2 mins gifting them 1st and goal. I would expect any team to punch it in from the one. Then George Kittle got smacked in the face on the following onside KO. It's a very low % play, but sure it happened. Let's not act like it was some heroic comeback effort on the shoulders of Jared Goff.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly what is important at this point is fully enjoying a new era in Rams offense. Excuse making, rationalizing, and hosting pity parties to supplement old board stances that were clearly wrong are not beneficial in that way. So if you're one of them the only one you're hurting here is yourself and your ability to enjoy what we are seeing unfold.

This is a bright new era. It fucking pains me that some can't get over their own BS and see it but whatever. This is the world we live in.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Honestly what is important at this point is fully enjoying a new era in Rams offense. Excuse making, rationalizing, and hosting pity parties to supplement old board stances that were clearly wrong are not beneficial in that way. So if you're one of them the only one you're hurting here is yourself and your ability to enjoy what we are seeing unfold.

This is a bright new era. It fucking pains me that some can't get over their own BS and see it but whatever. This is the world we live in.
You’re better than this, or I’ve somehow over rated you (never, lol,) “pity parties” amateur psycho analyzing and topping it off with once again missing your apparent subject of scorn motives/perspectives, (we have moved on, MS is our QB, but the constant over and over trashing of JG is insufferable as some point out)

I’ve too have moved on, this topic is pretty much the most toxic on this site, shouldn’t it be up to the long time members to just not comment for the hundredth time or more and just simply move on from what is actually another negative thread? Haven’t we all made our points clear by now?

You first sentence was perfect though, I’ll give you that

Last edited:

Angry Ram

You’re better than this, or I’ve over rated you...“pity parties” amateur psycho analyzing and topping it off with once again missing your apparent subject of scorn motives, again (we have moved on, MS is our QB, but the idiotic trashing of JG is insufferable as some point out)

I’ve too have moved on, this topic is pretty much the most toxic on this site, shouldn’t it be up to the long time members to just not comment for the hundredth time or move on from what is actually another negative thread? Haven’t we all made our points clear by now?

Just a thought

Can't speak for others but I agree with you, I have made my points clear. Having said that I'm free to participate in any thread, and if my view does not align with those that continue to prop up the ex Ram QB on his crap play, I'm going to post about it. If someone wants to discuss with me, I'll respond accordingly. I'd rather have a civil, strong discussion about the player, rather than responses questioning my rooting interests, saying my posts are unrealistic simply because I don't support Jared freakin Goff, or whatever else.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You’re better than this, or I’ve somehow over rated you (never, lol,) “pity parties” amateur psycho analyzing and topping it off with once again missing your apparent subject of scorn motives/perspectives, (we have moved on, MS is our QB, but the constant over and over trashing of JG is insufferable as some point out)

I’ve too have moved on, this topic is pretty much the most toxic on this site, shouldn’t it be up to the long time members to just not comment for the hundredth time or more and just simply move on from what is actually another negative thread? Haven’t we all made our points clear by now?

You first sentence was perfect though, I’ll give you that
You're right. In fact all the posts I am least proud of happen to all be part of this idiotic discussion going back. It has a way of getting under my skin more than it should.

That's not to say I don't believe every word I wrote. But I realize arguing over this is fucking retarded and it's bad for the board. Either way I'm going to do better in refraining from participating in this and you're right to call me out man. Cheers.

Tano

Legend
Can't speak for others but I agree with you, I have made my points clear. Having said that I'm free to participate in any thread, and if my view does not align with those that continue to prop up the ex Ram QB on his crap play, I'm going to post about it. If someone wants to discuss with me, I'll respond accordingly. I'd rather have a civil, strong discussion about the player, rather than responses questioning my rooting interests, saying my posts are unrealistic simply because I don't support Jared freakin Goff, or whatever else.
This is the last time I will respond to you about Goff. I am going to move on from Goff after this.

I only called your responses unrealistic because you do not give ANY props to Goff for some of his play this year.

Goff has played well at times - usually in the last few minutes of the game.

You won't even give Goff credit by saying it is garbage time yet he got the lead in the last two minutes in two games and came close to evening the score in the SF game and was close to bringing the team back against Chicago.

Yes it was because the other teams made mistakes but Goff TOOK ADVANTAGE of those mistakes when given the opportunity.

Since you seem to not want to give ANY props to Goff this year, well I consider your responses unrealistic.

Other than that, I have said in other posts that Goff has seemed to regress even further in his play this year especially in the first halves of games (other than the GB game).

Angry Ram

I only called your responses unrealistic because you do not give ANY props to Goff for some of his play this year.

I'm not going to give props to a QB that isn't playing well at all and hasn't been for a while.

Goff has played well at times - usually in the last few minutes of the game.

Yeah I want my QB to do well the whole of games, instead of at best, being below average and trying to remain relevant b/c of other teams' fuckups.

You won't even give Goff credit by saying it is garbage time yet he got the lead in the last two minutes in two games and came close to evening the score in the SF game and was close to bringing the team back against Chicago.

No I don't, and I won't. And I already explained it multiple times. Again he only got the lead v Ravens and v Vikings b/c the other team fucked it up! How many times do I have to mention Hollywood Brown's drops prevented a blowout and Alexander Mattison gifting them a short field (and btw that go-ahead TD against the vikings came on a run by Deandre Swift).

A 41-17 victory less than 2 mins is pure garbage time. Look at the game.

Yes it was because the other teams made mistakes but Goff TOOK ADVANTAGE of those mistakes when given the opportunity.

And those teams mistakes were more why the Lions were even in those games. It wasn't some battle by JG.

Since you seem to not want to give ANY props to Goff this year, well I consider your responses unrealistic.

I'm not going to poke and prod to find every little thing in order to find any semblance of a positive to keep supporting JG.

BTW - this latest battle started because someone responded TO me, b/c I was describing the LIONS games and acted like I typed out something blasphemes to JG for discrediting him. I will go right after him directly.

Laugh away people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.