Joique Bell Has Had ENOUGH of Jared Goff in Detroit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Tannehill has the best RB in the league and eats out on dinner with play-action. What could have been if the wheels didn't fall off on Gurley.
Well, in all fairness, Henry was nothing of what he is now when Tannehill started out there. He had been averaging less than 70 yards per game prior to RT taking over for Mariota.
After averaging 64 yards per game in Tannehill 1st 4 games, Henry has since been an absolute beast, averaging an amazing 132 yards per game

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah Tannehill will never be a top QB but he's done some good things for Tennessee. And I believe even Henry would be shut down if defenses were to disregard the pass game. So at the very least he's done the job of giving that offense the balance they need.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I knew this statement was going to come.

The Lions had no business being up in that game. Alexander Mattison absolutely gifted them a fumble and gave them a short field. They had only scored 6 pts the whole game to that point against the Vikings trash D.

Ditto Ravens. Lions were super fortunate that Hollywood Brown dropped 3 surefire TD passes. If he just caught one they Lions would've been done right there, instead of giving up a 4th and 19.

The shitters were blowing them out until they got sloppy and turnovers kept giving Detroit chances. Guess TOs really do make impacts.
The effort put in to discredit Goff is hilarious. Against the 49ers, he had 338 yards passing, 3 TD and 2, 2 point conversions. Were there fortunate breaks? Sure. Happens in games. But its when teams make the most of them that it makes a difference.
Against Baltimore? The Ravens werent tearing things up offensively either, but they had Detroit backed up on their own 21 and would have iced the game if not for Goff putting it on them. Heck, that loss is solely on the coaching staff for 1) sitting on the ball, kicking a FG instead of trying for a TD and 2) god only knows what defense they were playing allowing Watkins to get free on the 4th and 19
Vikings? Say what you want about the stats but they stop the ballsy 2 point play, they win. They didnt stop it and still won....

Tano

Legend
The effort put in to discredit Goff is hilarious. Against the 49ers, he had 338 yards passing, 3 TD and 2, 2 point conversions. Were there fortunate breaks? Sure. Happens in games. But its when teams make the most of them that it makes a difference.
Against Baltimore? The Ravens werent tearing things up offensively either, but they had Detroit backed up on their own 21 and would have iced the game if not for Goff putting it on them. Heck, that loss is solely on the coaching staff for 1) sitting on the ball, kicking a FG instead of trying for a TD and 2) god only knows what defense they were playing allowing Watkins to get free on the 4th and 19
Vikings? Say what you want about the stats but they stop the ballsy 2 point play, they win. They didnt stop it and still won....
Yeah I have pretty much given up responding to Angry Ram posts on Goff.

His hatred of Goff is beyond reasonable now.

Give Goff some credit for those comebacks at least.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I doubt this statement will put this whole thread to rest but here it goes.

You wont find a bigger Goff fan than myself. I rooted for the kid since day one, and I hated to see him go, not because i think he's a better QB than Stafford but because I'd always rather win with home grown talent. However, at the point last off-season when I heard the Rams made a Stafford/Goff trade, I was not surprised one bit and nor was I upset.
Goff has done a lot for the Rams, whether or not you think McVay was the reason or Goff was the reason for success, Goff was at least the one who had to make the difficult throws, took the tough hits, and dealt with everything associated with playing a physically and mentally demanding game. Fact is he did win us a lot of games, Took us to the SB, the playoffs, and had himself a couple Pro Bowl seasons. With all of that said, the rams made the right choice. This is a business and being a business owner you always want the "best" talent working for your company. Stafford is the obvious upgrade, and let me tell you why.

McVay doesn't have to tell Stafford what kind of coverage he is looking at. He doesn't have to snap the ball before 15 seconds on the game clock because he's pretty much clueless on what the defense is doing. If you think I'm joking. Look at Goffs numbers before and after the league figured it out. Proof is in the puddin as they say.
IMO Goff's deficiency is mentally not physically. I think he has every tool that Stafford has when it comes to arm talent. Stafford might edge him out but that's not what has hindered Goff's career up to this point. I think there was a point in his career where he stopped developing and started regressing. Not sure if it's shell shock, which it shouldn't be because he hasn't taken a lot of hits if you look at his sacks per season. He's near the bottom. But he definitely has had issues with decision making. The FO definitely noticed this moved on with haste. How they did it might not be the nicest way but we don't see what happens behind closed doors. Maybe Goffs head wasn't in it like it should be. maybe he had shitty work ethic. Who knows... We heard rumblings of these things but McVay isn't the type of coach that would talk about that type of stuff with the media. At the end of the day I am and will always be a Goff fan, but his lack of growth is really what caused him to be shipped off to Detroit and it's obvious if he's not surrounded by talent he's not going to win you any games. He's just not built that way.

Tano

Legend
I doubt this statement will put this whole thread to rest but here it goes.

You wont find a bigger Goff fan than myself. I rooted for the kid since day one, and I hated to see him go, not because i think he's a better QB than Stafford but because I'd always rather win with home grown talent. However, at the point last off-season when I heard the Rams made a Stafford/Goff trade, I was not surprised one bit and nor was I upset.
Goff has done a lot for the Rams, whether or not you think McVay was the reason or Goff was the reason for success, Goff was at least the one who had to make the difficult throws, took the tough hits, and dealt with everything associated with playing a physically and mentally demanding game. Fact is he did win us a lot of games, Took us to the SB, the playoffs, and had himself a couple Pro Bowl seasons. With all of that said, the rams made the right choice. This is a business and being a business owner you always want the "best" talent working for your company. Stafford is the obvious upgrade, and let me tell you why.

McVay doesn't have to tell Stafford what kind of coverage he is looking at. He doesn't have to snap the ball before 15 seconds on the game clock because he's pretty much clueless on what the defense is doing. If you think I'm joking. Look at Goffs numbers before and after the league figured it out. Proof is in the puddin as they say.
IMO Goff's deficiency is mentally not physically. I think he has every tool that Stafford has when it comes to arm talent. Stafford might edge him out but that's not what has hindered Goff's career up to this point. I think there was a point in his career where he stopped developing and started regressing. Not sure if it's shell shock, which it shouldn't be because he hasn't taken a lot of hits if you look at his sacks per season. He's near the bottom. But he definitely has had issues with decision making. The FO definitely noticed this moved on with haste. How they did it might not be the nicest way but we don't see what happens behind closed doors. Maybe Goffs head wasn't in it like it should be. maybe he had shitty work ethic. Who knows... We heard rumblings of these things but McVay isn't the type of coach that would talk about that type of stuff with the media. At the end of the day I am and will always be a Goff fan, but his lack of growth is really what caused him to be shipped off to Detroit and it's obvious if he's not surrounded by talent he's not going to win you any games. He's just not built that way.
I will agree with that.

Very few QBs can win without talent - look at Stafford (he rarely had winning seasons)

But he does need a good to very good offensive line to succeed.

Give him 2.5 to 3 secs and he can destroy defenses

But he is definitely not one to quickly read a defense and get the ball out if given less time than that.

He becomes mister check down and unless you have great receivers (Kupp/Woods) who can make lots of yards after the catch, you will not win being a check down artist

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

You know what else is hilarious? That you just basically repeated everything I said. And in that particular post, I posted about the Lions. If I were to discredit Jared Goff, I damn sure will address his play directly.

The shitters were DESTROYING the Lions. Period. It was 41-17 less than 2 mins. It was a PI on SF and then a rare onside recovery. GARBAGE TIME TO THE MAX. Sorry, not sorry. Not giving credit for empty calories.

Again, I mentioned Hollywood Brown having 3 dropped TDs. It should've been a blowout.

I actually agree with you on the 3rd and 9 and settling for the FG. Happens when you have a turnover prone QB (see Tampa Bay 2020 late in the game).

Stop. They scored 6 pts all game and Alexander Mattison gifted them a short field. They were lucky to be in that position.

Yeah I have pretty much given up responding to Angry Ram posts on Goff.

His hatred of Goff is beyond reasonable now.

Give Goff some credit for those comebacks at least.

Hatred? LOL. Hating NFL players is not my shtick.

The only thing I hate about Jared Goff is his crappy play, and everyday get more amazed at how many passes he gets in order to excuse that crappy play. One can only put with it for so long. Again its crazy how much he gets propped up. 2020 he pissed away a division title and a guaranteed playoff spot with his poor play. Got hurt, and had to rely on a UDFA rookie making his first start in a win or go home game on the road in week 17. But sure, let all the people unite to destroy the JAG center.

And hell no, I'm not giving credit to Jared Goff for those so-called "comebacks".

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
25 M each year for 2 years after this - yeah that is too high for a back-up

Of course Detroit could drop him next year for only 15 M cap hit - one year with them sucking the field - they probably have a low cap right now - they could probably afford that if they wanted to

I’m not saying the Lions won’t & imo Jared Goff is more than a backup QB.

thanks for the response,since this is a perfect time to where my thoughts are tonight.Case Keenum will get the start for the Browns.
It brings me to where The Rams are today.Whatever Sunday brings it is always fun to play MQB on a Thursday.
John Johnson & Troy Hill tonight.A ling with Case Keenum. I liked Nick Foles a lot as well for that backup/Starter role with Case.
Brockers is in town as well against The Rams. The best thing about Detroit was Brad Holmes giving The Rams 3 comp picks. Then to take Brockers & Goff’s contract off the books. It was a steep price in value for Matthew Stafford,but once again imo the salary cap hit made it affordable. Cheers

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The only thing I hate about Jared Goff is his crappy play, and everyday get more amazed at how many passes he gets in order to excuse that crappy play. One can only put with it for so long. Again its crazy how much he gets propped up. 2020 he pissed away a division title and a guaranteed playoff spot with his poor play. Got hurt, and had to rely on a UDFA rookie making his first start in a win or go home game on the road in week 17. But sure, let all the people unite to destroy the JAG center.
I will say you're angrier than I am wrt the excuses for crappy play but I get where you're coming from. Bradford got the same treatment by the fan base btw, posters who simply could not accept that their time and emotional investments were gonna come up empty. And just like with Goff I stuck with him as long as I could stomach his poor play but everyone has their own limits on that.

Either way if he doesn't turn his play around he's going to be benched even in Detroit where the expectations are low. And then that group will turn their focus and attacks on Campbell, which we've already seen here. There's already been an outrage post against Campbell here on a Rams site due to his comments about a QB who is no longer a Ram, which demonstrates how deep this rationalizing goes.

Gotta say I do try to stay out of this shit but goddamn it's tough. I hate that I keep posting this same old shit. But as time goes forward Goff's gonna be further defined by his play and those excuses are going to show more and more. He may bounce back, he has the talent, but tbh it's not hard to see where this trend is going unless you're wearing some big ass blinders. :laugh4:

Angry Ram

I will say you're angrier than I am wrt the excuses for crappy play but I get where you're coming from. Bradford got the same treatment by the fan base btw, posters who simply could not accept that their time and emotional investments were gonna come up empty. And just like with Goff I stuck with him as long as I could stomach his poor play but everyone has their own limits on that

I'm glad you brought up Sam Bradford. He was absolutely ripped on after he left. The same arguments everyone is making for Jared Goff, Sam Bradford never got the luxury. It's a huge double standard. Who was his supporting cast? A trash defense, trash OL (in which the #s back it up; 50 sacks give or take), his best receivers were Mark Clayton and Brandon freaking Lloyd, and his best player was a beaten SJack. Yet RE my #1 issue with JG, Sam had a 12:4 TD/INT ratio before he got hurt.

JG in 2019 and 2020 had a complete opposite cast but regressed and continues to get passes.

Either way if he doesn't turn his play around he's going to be benched even in Detroit where the expectations are low. And then that group will turn their focus and attacks on Campbell, which we've already seen here. There's already been an outrage post against Campbell here on a Rams site due to his comments about a QB who is no longer a Ram, which demonstrates how deep this rationalizing goes.

Personally it's gotta be Brad Holmes taking some salt too. Dude saw first hand how JG did. They signed Breshard Perriman and then promptly cut him. Took a LT at a high pick when you can find decent tackles in FA or later rounds.

Gotta say I do try to stay out of this shit but goddamn it's tough. I hate that I keep posting this same old shit. But as time goes forward Goff's gonna be further defined by his play and those excuses are going to show more and more. He may bounce back, he has the talent, but tbh it's not hard to see where this trend is going unless you're wearing some big ass blinders. :laugh4:

It really is. Jared Goff teased us with garbage to fantastic to liability.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The shitters were DESTROYING the Lions. Period. It was 41-17 less than 2 mins. It was a PI on SF and then a rare onside recovery. GARBAGE TIME TO THE MAX. Sorry, not sorry. Not giving credit for empty calories.
Garbage time? Man, people need to understand what some words and phrases mean before using them.
The game ended with Detroit on the San Fran 24 yard line with a chance to tie the game.
I guess by garbage time you mean that you wanted the 49ers to win? Strange....

Angry Ram

Garbage time? Man, people need to understand what some words and phrases mean before using them.
The game ended with Detroit on the San Fran 24 yard line with a chance to tie the game.
I guess by garbage time you mean that you wanted the 49ers to win? Strange....

Yes. Garbage time. And I already explained why, not gonna try again even if you continue to ignore it.

I'm talking about the Lions and their limited, TO prone QB. But nice try to question my rooting interests.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes. Garbage time. And I already explained why, not gonna try again even if you continue to ignore it.

I'm talking about the Lions and their limited, TO prone QB. But nice try to question my rooting interests.
So a chance to tie the game is garbage time. Got it.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
happy turn up GIF by FilmStruck

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

well, i hope for goff's sake, the season continues going the way it has for him so the lions decide to dump him. then he can choose where he wants to go to resurrect his career. i'm sure there are teams out there that will be willing to take a chance on him. he has no hope this year with what is surrounding him now.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I never hated Goff and nowhere in my 20K posts will you find any...but I LOVE that he's not our QB anymore. I supported our guy week after week for 5 years.
Midway thru 2020 i'd simply had enough and let it be known(here), then a couple months later McVay had also had enough (y)

That's my true Goff story and i'm happy.
iu

Status
Not open for further replies.