Joique Bell Has Had ENOUGH of Jared Goff in Detroit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we are looking at a guy who doesn't process the game quickly. I'm not sure I will ever understand what the Rams were thinking when they inked him to the second contract. I guess they thought the mental part of the game would improve - but I'm not sure we ever really saw a guy diagnosing defenses out there - I think McV just hit the league by storm with some schemes that made it easy out there.
They inked him because his arm talent is off the charts and I suppose they banked on him getting it.
He's still really young. Look at Tannehill, some guys just take longer than others. Arm talent like Goff has doesnt grow on trees.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its not over. The debate will not be over til the day he is benched and is no longer an NFL QB. Til then he will be the best QB out of the 2016 class. And to be honest 2016 really had no good QBs. Majority of them no longer play in the NFL. Only left is Dak, Wentz, Goff…
Dak is a top 10 QB. Goff is a bust.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dak is a top 10 QB. Goff is a bust.
Disappointment? For sure. Bust? Absolutely not. A "Bust" doesnt earn multiple Pro-Bowls, player of week/month, lead team to SB etc
But yeah it's fair to say he's currently in 3rd place of the '16 draft QB's behind Dak and Wentz

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Disappointment? For sure. Bust? Absolutely not. A "Bust" doesnt earn multiple Pro-Bowls, player of week/month, lead team to SB etc
But yeah it's fair to say he's currently in 3rd place of the '16 draft QB's behind Dak and Wentz
Fair enough

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Yay ! Someone laughed at it. @OnceARam got my joke

I was disappointed until now. . I thought at the very least I’d get the monkey on the drums.

badumtiss-joke.gif

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So Goff HATE will always get posted, with all the lame nicknames.....

But Rams fans who dont hate on the guy are the problem?

Ramsondemand is changing the same way our country is. Division for the sake of a fight. Lame.
Yeah.... Not seeing the correlation. Of course there is going to be talk of our former QB after a trade like this. Of course it's going to be the topic of the week with us going against his new team with their former QB. There have always been Goff detractors on here and now that he is no longer a Ram, as ALWAYS, the rules are different for him.

There are plenty of other threads to read.

Tano

Legend
Ehh - Wentz has a much much much better team than the Lions and that is not saying much because I do not even consider Indianapolis to be a top 16 team right now. I think Goff would do just as well with the Colts as Wentz is doing.

Right now - Detroit is number 32 and possibly the worst team talent wise in the last 40 years including the 0-16 Lions and 0-16 Browns, especially after all the injuries.

Maybe the 0-14 Bucs were worse talent wise.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Ehh - Wentz has a much much much better team than the Lions and that is not saying much because I do not even consider Indianapolis to be a top 16 team right now. I think Goff would do just as well with the Colts as Wentz is doing.

Right now - Detroit is number 32 and possibly the worst team talent wise in the last 40 years including the 0-16 Lions and 0-16 Browns, especially after all the injuries.

Maybe the 0-14 Bucs were worse talent wise.
This years Texans are as bad if not worse. The Lions were a blown call(delay of game) and miracle FG from beating the (5-1) Ravens. The Jags are right there with both of them too.

Tano

Legend
This years Texans are as bad if not worse. The Lions were a blown call(delay of game) and miracle FG from beating the (5-1) Ravens. The Jags are right there with both of them too.
Yeah but after those games, the Lions have gotten more injuries that make them even worse that they were before.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

The Texans have shown up to compete a couple times against NE and Cleveland and they've actually won a game despite all that's going on in the FO and Deshaun Watson. They have a rookie 3rd round pick at QB with barely any college experience playing decent to good at times. The coach has been openly admitting he's been screwing up decisions and game management.

At least the Texans can move the damn ball, score, and compete.

Tano

Legend
The Texans have shown up to compete a couple times against NE and Cleveland and they've actually won a game despite all that's going on in the FO and Deshaun Watson. They have a rookie 3rd round pick at QB with barely any college experience playing decent to good at times. The coach has been openly admitting he's been screwing up decisions and game management.

At least the Texans can move the damn ball, score, and compete.
You must not have watched the Buffalo and Indianapolis games

The only game that the Texan QB did decently was against New England

Tyrod Taylor was the QB when they beat Jacksonville and were somewhat competitive against the Browns

The QB for Texans now has been absolutely horrible in every game except New England.

And New England sucks this year (which is a really good thing) - not sure how they were competitive against Dallas

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ehh - Wentz has a much much much better team than the Lions and that is not saying much because I do not even consider Indianapolis to be a top 16 team right now.
Be that as it may, he's playing much better than Goff, results are results.
No bigger fan of JG than me, but the results are just not there. Personally, I'd rather he have a low comp% because he's trying to force throws than to be checking down every throw. Literally the worst WR crew ever assembled

Tano

Legend
Be that as it may, he's playing much better than Goff, results are results.
No bigger fan of JG than me, but the results are just not there. Personally, I'd rather he have a low comp% because he's trying to force throws than to be checking down every throw. Literally the worst WR crew ever assembled
Fair enough - and I agree his WR crew is the worst ever assembled. Even worse than the all time WR crew of Britt Quick and Austin

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
You must not have watched the Buffalo and Indianapolis games

The only game that the Texan QB did decently was against New England

Tyrod Taylor was the QB when they beat Jacksonville and were somewhat competitive against the Browns

The QB for Texans now has been absolutely horrible in every game except New England.

And New England sucks this year (which is a really good thing) - not sure how they were competitive against Dallas

Umm I did (well followed them). I said they actually shown they can compete on occasion. The Lions have played well for 2 halves against GB and SF.

The team was projected to be just as bad if not worse than Detroit WITH Tyrod Taylor. Yet they still played like an avg team in those games. Davis Mills was thrust into the starters role on a TNF game against the Panthers and played Ok for a bit until Panthers talent ultimately won out.

And again Davis Mills is a 3rd round rookie with a handful of college games. Can't even compare to a 6th year QB.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or just from the perspective of enjoying the travel and NFL experience without all the pressure. Earn tons of money just do it over a longer period and get a lot of the benefits.

NFL is a tough business. Backup QBs happened to be positioned well to have some advantages.
Look at Chase Daniels. Five career stars in twelve season and he’s made $38 million before this season.

WestCoastRam

Legend
and you've got a perfect brew for an accelerated decline.

This in a nutshell. I don't have much faith that Goff's problems are solvable long term but, if somehow he were cut and Asshole Face took a whack at him, it could be very interesting. At this point, you'd basically need to the best in the league to groom him if he were to return to top 15 QB play.

WestCoastRam

Legend
His take is probably the best I've seen in the media of late. Schrags does a great job.

It's a really thoughtful take, if I were the Rams media team, I'd play highlights from all the games Schrags mentioned pre-game this weekend. I'd cheer for that, cause it was awesome, and it happened. Then I'd cheer for Goff to continue to sh*t the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.