Joique Bell Has Had ENOUGH of Jared Goff in Detroit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bell is seeing things clearly. He is absolutely correct.

That early series with the 4th down there are simply zero excuses for Goff's head being that far up his ass.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bell is seeing things clearly. He is absolutely correct.

That early series with the 4th down there are simply zero excuses for Goff's head being that far up his ass.
I think Goff will either be a backup QB or out of the league within two years.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Goff will either be a backup QB or out of the league within two years.
I don't disagree there Tomas. But I will say look how long Bradford's sorry checkdown-throwing ass hung around in the NFL. Teams are in love with talent at this level. Goff has it so I think he'll get a couple more chances.

Like I said before he was moved what is important for him is fixing the shit he's doing wrong. I know that he is fucking up his reads. I know he's missing open options more than he should. But why are those things happening. Is it because he quit caring, the girlfriend or the paycheck? Or is it because he succumbed to that battered QB shit and he's just full of jitters now. I honestly have no idea but I'm glad he's Detroit's problem.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://youtu.be/eVsDapjgEvk?t=427

Keyshawn's comments on McVay in the vid do ring true, when he talks about him moving on from people. The guy doesn't fuck around. He moves on when he's seen enough and I don't think that's going to change in fact I think he'll be even more assertive in all that in the future as he continues to cement who he is in this business and continues to grow as a head coach and leader.

Psycho_X

Legend
I don't disagree there Tomas. But I will say look how long Bradford's sorry checkdown-throwing ass hung around in the NFL. Teams are in love with talent at this level. Goff has it so I think he'll get a couple more chances.

Like I said before he was moved what is important for him is fixing the shit he's doing wrong. I know that he is fucking up his reads. I know he's missing open options more than he should. But why are those things happening. Is it because he quit caring, the girlfriend or the paycheck? Or is it because he succumbed to that battered QB shit and he's just full of jitters now. I honestly have no idea but I'm glad he's Detroit's problem.

Goff will stick around for a while I think. He is about as good of a QB you can get when he's protected and has weapons. I know, I know, most QBs play good with that but Goff played his team into a Super Bowl with it and not every average QB can do that. He's got talent just not winning by himself talent. If Detroit cuts him this offseason I'd be scared to see a team like the Saints or the Whiners pick him up as a backup/safety option for Trey Lance. Whiners scare me since he grew up a fan of them and Montana... could see a revigorated Goff there maybe putting a little more effort into his game.

Shuie3225

Starter
Dude said Goff is playing with FEMININITY. :zipper:
Yea he said he didn't want to say the other word..then Darren McCarty said "yea feline." I mean two tough Detroit dudes calling him a pussy in the media isn't a good look.

I think Goff has been tough most of the time. Played through injury, taken hits...but I dont think he's an elite competitor thats for sure. I can never forget that slide a yard short of the first down in Seattle unfortunately.

Shuie3225

Starter
He wont get chances if he's making $35M thats for sure. He's no where close to justifying that contract. If he gets another starting gig maybe its in 2 years after he's cut by Detroit, but man who is going to pay him starting caliber money? I think a lot depends on how he finishes this season and how he plays next year.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think the guy has just lost confidence more than anything. And I think more than anything, he needs a shrink or a hypnotist to get it back.

Intellectually, he didn't just forget how to do all the things he used to be able to do. But it's pretty clear with his play the past few years, especially in the shit show of Detroit, that his confidence has taken a huge hit.

It probably wouldn't hurt for him to go somewhere else for a year or two as a backup, without the spotlight and without being expected to carry a flaming dumpster as is the case now. It helped Kurt immensely, and it's helped other guys in the past (see Plunkett, Jim).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It probably wouldn't hurt for him to go somewhere else for a year or two as a backup, without the spotlight and without being expected to carry a flaming dumpster as is the case now. It helped Kurt immensely, and it's helped other guys in the past (see Plunkett, Jim).
I think your take is pretty accurate but I will observe that it wasn't too long ago that there was a lot of optimism on this board for his chances to show well in Detroit. On a few threads I can recall people talking up the roster up there.

For myself this is sort of what I expected. But I did expect him to win 5 to maybe 8 games and fuck up their draft slot. To date he should probably have a couple wins already, given things going his way like kickers and some better play/fewer mistakes.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea he said he didn't want to say the other word..then Darren McCarty said "yea feline." I mean two tough Detroit dudes calling him a pussy in the media isn't a good look.

I think Goff has been tough most of the time. Played through injury, taken hits...but I dont think he's an elite competitor thats for sure. I can never forget that slide a yard short of the first down in Seattle unfortunately.
He is without a doubt a tough QB. The guy always gets up and has fought through some BS in big games in the past and not just in the NFL.

But it's true that he looks like a pussy out there on a lot of snaps. It looks like he's shitting his pants at times. You can see the panic in his body language. And if anyone thinks that is not important to your teammates at the NFL level you're underestimating the basics. Leadership requires confidence and vision, people look to those leaders and following someone who is telegraphing panic feels bad, nobody wants that.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think we are looking at a guy who doesn't process the game quickly. I'm not sure I will ever understand what the Rams were thinking when they inked him to the second contract. I guess they thought the mental part of the game would improve - but I'm not sure we ever really saw a guy diagnosing defenses out there - I think McV just hit the league by storm with some schemes that made it easy out there.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So Goff HATE will always get posted, with all the lame nicknames.....

But Rams fans who dont hate on the guy are the problem?

Ramsondemand is changing the same way our country is. Division for the sake of a fight. Lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.