Goff or not Goff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think last night proved McVay right - Goff is a good quarterback, but when you absolutely need a play, he isn't the guy to make it. Even when they beat the Rams, I never felt like HE beat the Rams. He just can't put a team on his back when they absolutely need it.

Tano

Legend
Two plays = the whole game? Or even the entire quarter?
Goff played well the entire game. Reynolds missed two key passes.

I blame Reynolds for that loss if I had to blame anyone.

Edit - and Reynolds choked in the playoffs when he played for the Rams.

He dropped a key 1st down pass in the 4th quarter against Green Bay when the Rams were going for a comeback.

And then the Blythe and Evans comedy hour occurred on 2nd and 10 and 3rd and 15 with two completely blown blocks.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Goff played well the entire game. Reynolds missed two key passes.

I blame Reynolds for that loss if I had to blame anyone.
Goff had a lot of off target passes in the fourth quarter. He’s to blame more than Reynolds. Campbell should have kicked field goals and taken the points. He is more to blame than Reynolds.

Tano

Legend
Goff had a lot of off target passes in the fourth quarter. He’s to blame more than Reynolds. Campbell should have kicked field goals and taken the points. He is more to blame than Reynolds.
He had three bad plays when he got to the SF 37 and two of them were deep passes. They should have kicked a FG at the 30.

That was a bad call and if I had to blame anyone I have to blame Campbell.

I am just saying if I had to blame a player it would be choke artist Reynolds.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He had three bad plays when he got to the SF 37 and two of them were deep passes. They should have kicked a FG at the 30.

That was a bad call and if I had to blame anyone I have to blame Campbell.

I am just saying if I had to blame a player it would be choke artist Reynolds.

Reynolds is what he is. We’ve seen it with the Rams. I don’t count on him to win a championship game in those situations.

Tano

Legend
Reynolds is what he is. We’ve seen it with the Rams. I don’t count on him to win a championship game in those situations.
Then what is he doing in the game being the primary receiver on those plays. If anything, Goff made a mistake in not making Brown the primary receiver on those two plays. Go to Reynolds on 1st down or 2nd and short. Otherwise stay away from him. He is a choke artist.

Ramon Ram

Starter

Ironically it was Goffs inability to see and throw to Reynolds on the crossing pattern in the Super Bowl that may have cost us that game along with the delayed under throw to Cooks.

Ellard80

Legend
I'd say Goff was average... Williams catches the deep ball and his stats look a lot better.

It amazes me how many of these NFL level receivers can't track the deep ball in the air and stay coordinated.

Maybe they need to take some fly balls to center field.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ironically it was Goffs inability to see and throw to Reynolds on the crossing pattern in the Super Bowl that may have cost us that game along with the delayed under throw to Cooks.
WOW. You have a good memory. That game was so miserable, I think I blocked it out.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Regardless of the drops by Renolds, which here horrendous, this loss falls squarely on that dumb arse coach, Campbell. He is an arrogant self-serving SOB that promotes and backs dirty plays by his players. I am not a Goff supporter, but this loss falls on that dumb arse HC. Of course, Reynolds did not help matters, good luck getting another job in the NFL.

Tano

Legend
Do you remember on the 3rd down play in the first series where Goff had a completely free Gurley alone on the sideline to the left where if Gurley can get past one guy who was 15 yards away from Gurley - he would be running down the sideline to probably inside the 10 yard line. But Goff threw to a covered Reynolds instead who couldn't hang to the throw. Wouldn't have been a first down anyway though.

That is the one play where I go .... what if

Tano

Legend
Regardless of the drops by Renolds, which here horrendous, this loss falls squarely on that dumb arse coach, Campbell. He is an arrogant self-serving SOB that promotes and backs dirty plays by his players. I am not a Goff supporter, but this loss falls on that dumb arse HC. Of course, Reynolds did not help matters, good luck getting another job in the NFL.
Oh I agree completely - Dan lost this game.

But Reynolds did not help the cause.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Purdy has an INT bounce off a facemask and then miraculously caught, while Goff hit Reynolds twice for clean drops and yet 1 guy is a "winner" and the other guy isnt.
Crazy

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Purdy has an INT bounce off a facemask and then miraculously caught, while Goff hit Reynolds twice for clean drops and yet 1 guy is a "winner" and the other guy isnt.
Crazy
Goff also overthrew a ton of passes including one in the end zone. The drips were brutal, but we look at drops with more scrutiny than we look at overthrows.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Goff also overthrew a ton of passes including one in the end zone. The drips were brutal, but we look at drops with more scrutiny than we look at overthrows.
This is a silly response.
Goff had a better day throwing the ball than Purdy yesterday.
The difference between the two.. and what won the 9ers the game, was Purdy's ability to run.

If Jared's WRs caught the ball as well as he threw it, the Lions would've won yesterday. Easily.