Goff or not Goff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I thought that was autocorrecting to Vinobitch.

Can I get a reminder on why some ROD members dislike Bill Vinovich.

What was (were) the game(s) that he hurt the Rams?

I always think of Vinovich as the referee of the 2018 NFC Championship in New Orleans. That worked-out well.

Thanks in advance.

Tano

Legend
Sure - Purdy only led his team to NFC Championship his first 2 years.The Eagles game he gets hurt,if not he’s probably 2 for 2 going to the Superbowl.

His number 1 stat of passing for first downs is impressive.He keeps plays a live better than Stafford.

Jared Goff got The Rams to the Superbowl.Lions loss was on Dan Cambell.
Purdy is a game manager who is perfect for Shanahan's whiners.

On any other team he would be an average QB. His arm is just so so.

He should have gotten picked off twice more but got lucky both times.

And I agree that was on Campbell not Goff. Just wanted to point out that people have been really hard on Goff when there aren't many QBs out there who would have done better than Goff against the whiners.

Tano

Legend
Can I get a reminder on why some ROD members dislike Bill Vinovich.

What was (were) the game(s) that he hurt the Rams?

I always think of Vinovich as the referee of the 2018 NFC Championship in New Orleans. That worked-out well.

Thanks in advance.
Until that game in NO - the Rams had lost EVERY SINGLE TIME when Vinobitch was the ref.

And there were a ton of terrible calls by Vinobitch before that game.

The first NO game he was ref and he made the horrible spot on a 4th down fake FG iirc.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Until that game in NO - the Rams had lost EVERY SINGLE TIME when Vinobitch was the ref.

And there were a ton of terrible calls by Vinobitch before that game.

The first NO game he was ref and he made the horrible spot on a 4th down fake FG iirc.
I believe you. Would be curious what the Vinovich record has been since McVay took over in 2017.

Don't have the energy to look that up but I did check the Rams' 34 games (including playoffs) in 2017 and 2018 before the NFC Championship game in New Orleans.

The Rams did lose the Vinovich games, including that 1st Saints' game, but it was only two games total.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Da
Purdy is a game manager who is perfect for Shanahan's whiners.

On any other team he would be an average QB. His arm is just so so.

He should have gotten picked off twice more but got lucky both times.

And I agree that was on Campbell not Goff. Just wanted to point out that people have been really hard on Goff when there aren't many QBs out there who would have done better than Goff against the whiners.

When your talking game managers & Super Bowl,you still have to look at if that player can get you there.The only lose Purdy had his rookie season was when he got hurt.

Every QB needs time to throw.You can see that with The Rams & Stafford.Jared Goff hasn’t changed that much over the years.He has become better,but his offensive line is probably The Best in The NFL !!

At the end of the day we can look back & see what happens.Those possible INT’s won’t ever be really seen. The Rams beat the 9ers because of an easily dropped INT that will haunt that FS forever.

The Rams need to secure there O’LINE this offseason.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Detroit has to move on from Goff. Can not believe they just lost the NFC championship game to the fìgn Whiners.

It is almost comical how bad Goff is if he has to move off his spot or make a play outside of structure.

Rams won the trade, that is for sure.
Keep telling yourself that

Goff wasn’t the reason amigo

The hate on this board is beyond ridiculous, sorta why I’ve tapped out

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Rams beat the 9ers because of an easily dropped INT that will haunt that FS forever.
So I guess the two INTs the Rams dropped don't count? Including Ramsey's potential pick six?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I don't believe Jaquiski Tartt has played a game since then.

1706980736126.png

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I believe you. Would be curious what the Vinovich record has been since McVay took over in 2017.

Don't have the energy to look that up but I did check the Rams' 34 games (including playoffs) in 2017 and 2018 before the NFC Championship game in New Orleans.

The Rams did lose the Vinovich games, including that 1st Saints' game, but it was only two games total.
Through the Fisher years he always had bad calls that didn’t go the Rams way. Some claim that it is just imagined. Most here would disagree. If there ever was a referee that I’d say was the leagues fixer, it was him.

It was so bad that Rams fans petitioned to not have Vinobitch be the referee for the Rams NFCCG in 2019. Oddly enough. His terrible calls or non-calls all seemed to disappear. He’s been a decent ref ever since that petition.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Through the Fisher years he always had bad calls that didn’t go the Rams way.
The 'Fisher years' from 2012-2016 ... when the Rams won/loss record was 31-48-1.

If there ever was a referee that I’d say was the leagues fixer, it was him.
I was a die-hard-fan at that time but I have always pretty-much tuned-out any arguments that the out-come of NFL games are fixed or rigged. But, I do appreciate the background.

Now I want to read-up on how the Rams have done in Vinovich games since 2018. 1-2 in 2017 and 2018.

Thanks again.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Keep telling yourself that

Goff wasn’t the reason amigo

The hate on this board is beyond ridiculous, sorta why I’ve tapped out
It's strange really. Almost like deliberate overkill.

"He sucks when you get him off his spot."

"Pressure him and he goes to shit."

It's almost like his critics didn't watch the Rams 2021 game vs the Titans. Or Pittsburgh this year. Or Dallas this year.

Amazing how they can point out Goff's bad games and completely forget Stafford's bad games.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's strange really. Almost like deliberate overkill.

"He sucks when you get him off his spot."

"Pressure him and he goes to shit."

It's almost like his critics didn't watch the Rams 2021 game vs the Titans. Or Pittsburgh this year. Or Dallas this year.

Amazing how they can point out Goff's bad games and completely forget Stafford's bad games.
Add to that those 2 things get him off his spot and pressure him is literally how you beat every QB.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Add to that those 2 things get him off his spot and pressure him is literally how you beat every QB.
The thing is the success/failure rate when you get them off their spot, imo.

Goff is very susceptible to catastrophic plays.. shit.. he almost gave the Rams the game with that backward panic-pass.
The best guys don't do that, imo.

And he can't run.

And I'm not banging on Goff.. I'm on record here.. he absolutely played well enough to win the NFC title game.. his team failed him in that one .

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
The thing is the success/failure rate when you get them off their spot, imo.

Goff is very susceptible to catastrophic plays.. shit.. he almost gave the Rams the game with that backward panic-pass.
The best guys don't do that, imo.

And he can't run.

And I'm not banging on Goff.. I'm on record here.. he absolutely played well enough to win the NFC title game.. his team failed him in that one .

Yeah, some guys are better at it than others for sure, and that is an area of his game that needs work. He did almost have that catastrophic play against the Rams but in general I do think that's something he's cut down on since 2020. Mostly nowadays, if you get a lot of pressure and get him off his spot he just misses throws but isn't the turnover machine he devolved into during his final season with the Rams. And as you said, he can't run.

It's how the Giants took down Brady and one of the most prolific offenses in NFL history. They pressured the fuck out of Brady and held them to two TD's for the game. It's not as if Goff is uniquely susceptible to playing worse when pressured, it's mostly that he has to work on the things @Kupped notes above.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yeah, some guys are better at it than others for sure, and that is an area of his game that needs work. He did almost have that catastrophic play against the Rams but in general I do think that's something he's cut down on since 2020. Mostly nowadays, if you get a lot of pressure and get him off his spot he just misses throws but isn't the turnover machine he devolved into during his final season with the Rams. And as you said, he can't run.

It's how the Giants took down Brady and one of the most prolific offenses in NFL history. They pressured the fuck out of Brady and held them to two TD's for the game. It's not as if Goff is uniquely susceptible to playing worse when pressured, it's mostly that he has to work on the things @Kupped notes above.
I’d just say he has a fantastic line & scheme & plays very well within it.