Goff or not Goff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramon Ram

Starter
This is not a thread about Goff at the #1 pick. It is about are you rooting for him to win the Super Bowl?
Personally I was a Wentz guy and learned to root for Goff quickly but was with McVay when he moved on from him.

He has excelled in that short passing game offense which runs the ball well. Will that be enough to win it all?
If Goff wins it all there then good for him as this trade is already a win win for both teams.

What I think may happen in Detroit is that they get close but like McVay they may realize he is not the guy to win it all.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
No, I'm not rooting for him to win it all. I'm rooting for the Lions to knock out the Whiners because fuck that team period, but after that I want the AFC SB team to fuck that dirty Lions team up.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
No way I will root for the Kneecaps under any circumstances.

I don't hate Goof, but I'm not a member of his fan girls like many people here.

There was a reason he's no longer a Ram.

And it was him leading the league in turnovers for two years in a row.

Not just the INTs, but the fumbles that happened every time he'd get hit that don't show up on the stat sheet.

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
I always root for SF to lose. Dallas #2 least favorite. patriots #3 least favorite. I always enjoy seeing those 3 lose. I humors the hell out of me. After that, meh.

Once the Rams are out, I don't care too much about the rest. I suppose I could have rooted for Goff, but after that dirty hit, they lost me. Once could be an accident. But after Higbee AND Hockenson, they are dead to me.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't want to think of it that way. Instead, I will IMMENSELY enjoy the pain of whoever loses this week while I will then root against the winning team in the Super Bowl. If everything goes according to plan, it would be a Lions blowout loss this week followed by a Niners heartbreaking Super Bowl loss (maximum pain)

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Rooting for him. The trade for Stafford was warranted but Goff is not a bum either. He's very good and was very good, it's just that a healthy Stafford is better.

But Goff is also better than many of the critics say. Many of them are too emotional and not thinking based on facts.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I don't want to think of it that way. Instead, I will IMMENSELY enjoy the pain of whoever loses this week while I will then root against the winning team in the Super Bowl. If everything goes according to plan, it would be a Lions blowout loss this week followed by a Niners heartbreaking Super Bowl loss (maximum pain)
Maxpaynebox.jpg

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

This is what I was thinking, but could not have phrased it any better or put it into words. Perfection.

The thought of Ratboy choking in another superbowl is a very warming thought.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I don't want that piece of shit franchise anywhere near winning anything.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
There are a lot of jerks in the NFL - Goff is not one of them.

I will root for Goff for the balance of these playoffs.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Rooting for Goff because he's a former Ram and a classy guy and a great comeback story. Also rooting for the fans of Detroit, they deserve some fun after decades of suffering.

Can't stand the dirty player Kerby Joseph though, and I hope his bullshit provokes a rule change about knee-targeting.

oldnotdead

Legend
Jared has earned a shot at a ring. I'm rooting for him not the team he plays for. Once he gets his ring his career is set and that will be the end of it. It will bring the entire thing full circle if he can get his ring this year. Both Matt and Jared are fine QBs in their own right. Both needed to be in the right system with the supporting cast around him. Don't think it wasn't that way for Stafford as well. Why was it so important to him to get traded to a contender?

Both guys have paid their "dues" with bad teams. Both have come out stronger for it. I will always be happy for Goff the man and the player. He gave it all he had in LA and it wasn't his fault that McVay refused to build a team around him. He goes to Detroit where Holmes knows exactly who he is getting and has built around him. Both Goff and Stafford deserve their respective successes and I won't begrudge one for the other. Both are happy and successful on their new teams. Win Win IMO.