Faileb for Caleb?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
The thing about the Tampa-2 is that you need a LB with speed to drop back to the middle third of the field almost like a middle fielder safety. Too few LBs can do that. Urlacher was another. Tampa-2 is really Cover 3 with different positions playing the spot drops at the end of the day... a point which other posters who profess to be really knowledgeable seem to miss all the time.
True, but while he could, the MLB typically handled that role.
In Tampa it was Hardy Nickerson and Jamie Duncan. Lovie Smith had London Fletcher do it for the most part with the Rams.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Back to the QB conversation.

For all his talents, Caleb Williams turnovers (fumbles) scare the hell out of me.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One QB that has impressed me this year is Jaxson Dart. He has good size for the position. Excellent mobility. Plays with some balls even when scrambling. Accurate downfield.

Of course I'm a bit biased because he was at USC. But I like the way he transferred to the SEC when the writing was on the wall with Caleb being the chosen one, and he has done very well.

I think he's a great fit for McVay's offense.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PEqor9OG34

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'd like to think I'm not one for hyperbole but I think you can scratch potentially out!

Harrison would be a dominate X for years to come. He's not blazing fast but fast enough and that size and body control. He would be the X that would unlock this offense. Kupp does his thing from the F spot and Puca does all the Robert Woods stuff from Z.

It would be sick. I know we need a LT but teams sure as sh*t would think twice about sending extra guys with that monster on the outside to catch slants and fades.
Did you say slants? We run those?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
And depending upon the player, I wouldn't blame them one bit.

As I recall, the Bengals got roasted for passing on OT Penei Sewell when they selected WR Jamar Chase.
"Protect the franchise QB. Protect the franchise QB."

A playmaker matchup problem > A good OT as far an impact.

Give me Todd Gurley over Erick Flowers or Andrus Peat all day long.
Players over positions.
I blasted the Bengals for the choice for Chase. It worked out great for them but Burrow eould still benefit greatly from better protection. I think both the Bengals and Lions got stud players regardless. At the end of the day, getting a great player is the ultimate goal.

Tano

Legend
One QB that has impressed me this year is Jaxson Dart. He has good size for the position. Excellent mobility. Plays with some balls even when scrambling. Accurate downfield.

Of course I'm a bit biased because he was at USC. But I like the way he transferred to the SEC when the writing was on the wall with Caleb being the chosen one, and he has done very well.

I think he's a great fit for McVay's offense.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PEqor9OG34

I like Jonathan Mingo in those highlights. Is he any good?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Almost every game that I saw up to 3/4 point had Mingo in the highlights
If you click on the title, the full description reads:

Jaxson Dart || Ole Miss Rebels Quarterback || 2022 Sophomore Highlights​

Jonathan Mingo was one of the top-rated WRs in last year's Draft. I think he was the 5th WR drafted.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Mingo has failed to impress, like, at all. Panthers have to be kicking themselves for passing on Nacua, Tank Dell, Rice, etc. He sure could come around, but so far, much like his fellow rookie QB, they have looked bad.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So these highlights are over a year old?
Not a lot of hubbub over him or highlights so that was the best one I saw. Some of the programs it's easier to get cutups of just the QB snaps which is great but for Ole Miss I usually end up just watching the full games.

Here's highlights of this year vs Tulane though. After the season there will be better highlight vids I'm sure:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=ju1ocxL0l6E

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From the @Merlin Draft Room:
"The real question is which earth shattering QB is available from picks 28-32?"

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From the @Merlin Draft Room:
"The real question is which earth shattering QB is available from picks 28-32?"
"That 2025 first round pick's burnin a hole in my pocket!"
~ Les Snead

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Not a lot of hubbub over him or highlights so that was the best one I saw. Some of the programs it's easier to get cutups of just the QB snaps which is great but for Ole Miss I usually end up just watching the full games.

Here's highlights of this year vs Tulane though. After the season there will be better highlight vids I'm sure:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=ju1ocxL0l6E

He looks good under pressure.
He’s fun to watch