Faileb for Caleb?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Its sort of baffling. It appears they have recruited well on defense and received some nice transfers, they just can not put it together, at all.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Thing is - if the defense stopped the opponent a couple more times per game, the offense would be scoring at minimum 40 points a game
They are averaging almost 44 ironically.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Good point, but it could also give us more ammo to move up next year for a QB, if we go LT in the 1st this year.
That's been my reasoning when fans say "we gotta draft a QB in April". IF they believe Stafford can play 2 more years (24 and 25), then there's no need to draft a QB in 2024. You don't want him to sit for multiple years but you don't want him to have to play right away either. Here's the deal....we rebuild the OL in 2024, win the Superbowl and try to run it back in 2025. Get the kid ready for 2026.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm trading down (no more than 9 spots) in a NY second and picking up a decent 2nd round pick. Then I'm taking the best rated LT on the board and the best Edge in round 2, as well as the best skill player with our original round 2 pick. But that's just me. I don't work for any NFL team and probably shouldn't.
But what if one of the top LTs to come out in the last 10 years is staring at us with our 1st round pick?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That's been my reasoning when fans say "we gotta draft a QB in April". IF they believe Stafford can play 2 more years (24 and 25), then there's no need to draft a QB in 2024. You don't want him to sit for multiple years but you don't want him to have to play right away either. Here's the deal....we rebuild the OL in 2024, win the Superbowl and try to run it back in 2025. Get the kid ready for 2026.
Yeah.
I’m ok with either.
LT makes the most sense for next year and beyond.
It doesn’t matter who’s under center, we need to beef up that line.

As far as QB.
If a guy falls to us that Snead and McVay love, it would be hard to pass on him.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I mean, we could just pick the generational talent at WR.
Hey the one thing predictable about Snead &McVay's drafts is they are unpredictable. Fans were screaming for OL, OL, OL in 2020 and 2021 but they went another direction. Now the last 2 years, they go OL. Now many want a QB, LT or Edge, so they'll probably go CB. Or RB. Or TE.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Hey the one thing predictable about Snead &McVay's drafts is they are unpredictable. Fans were screaming for OL, OL, OL in 2020 and 2021 but they went another direction. Now the last 2 years, they go OL. Now many want a QB, LT or Edge, so they'll probably go CB. Or RB. Or TE.
Or they could take the best player in the draft... the generational wide receiver.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I’d love to see Harrison here. With him, Kupp and Puca, we’d have potentially the best receiving corps in the league.
I'd like to think I'm not one for hyperbole but I think you can scratch potentially out!

Harrison would be a dominate X for years to come. He's not blazing fast but fast enough and that size and body control. He would be the X that would unlock this offense. Kupp does his thing from the F spot and Puca does all the Robert Woods stuff from Z.

It would be sick. I know we need a LT but teams sure as sh*t would think twice about sending extra guys with that monster on the outside to catch slants and fades.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Pity that we have no chance of getting him, unless we either tank or trade up.

Memphis Ram

Legend
And depending upon the player, I wouldn't blame them one bit.

As I recall, the Bengals got roasted for passing on OT Penei Sewell when they selected WR Jamar Chase.
"Protect the franchise QB. Protect the franchise QB."

A playmaker matchup problem > A good OT as far an impact.

Give me Todd Gurley over Erick Flowers or Andrus Peat all day long.
Players over positions.

Last edited:

jap

Legend

As I recall, the Bengals got roasted for passing on OT Penei Sewell when they selected WR Jamar Chase.

Players over positions.
 Does this mean you want Marvin Harrison Jr. for Matthew over everyone else?

WestCoastRam

Legend

I mean, he's arguably the best player in the draft and the best WR to come out in 10 years. Why wouldn't we take him if he was there?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Players over positions.
Agreed. Give me Brock Bowers any day over an offensive tackle in a ridiculously-deep offensive tackle class.

Memphis Ram

Legend
That's the rub. I wouldn't be drafting for Matthew Stafford. Without changes to the offense, I can honestly say that I'm a bit indifferent on his status in 2024 and beyond.

Harrison Jr. is said to be a generational talent. But my dilemma is that I'm not sure that Harrison the WR is that much more (if at all) a matchup problem than Bowers the TE.