Faileb for Caleb?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What an odd list. There isn’t a WR on it? MH Jr anybody?
If the OT pool is truly that deep, then snagging a future QB AND a top LT seems entirely possible.

Marvin Harrison Jr is #2 on the list not sure why he’s not included on the persons list you’re quoting…
I only listed OT, QB, Edge, and CB to show how well this first round talent aligns with our needs.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nix outplayed him going against one of the worst defenses in college football, whereas, Williams was playing against one of the better defenses. IMO, Nix didn't outplay him, Nix was on the superior team. It was because of Williams, USC only lost by 8 points on the road against one of the better teams in college football.
Well you might have a point there except Nix plays like that pretty much every game. There is little fall-off against the better defenses. We will see I guess.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well you might have a point there except Nix plays like that pretty much every game. There is little fall-off against the better defenses. We will see I guess.
BTW your current Head Coach will replace Nick Saban at Alabama when he retires

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
BTW your current Head Coach will replace Nick Saban at Alabama when he retires
Really ??

-West Coast - bi-East(Flamers)

Just a lot of BS!!! It plays itself out,but these networks & world is disappointing. This Irvine Myers guy is a perfect example of the soap opera we live in. As the World Turns. AI couldn’t even make this up.

It’s a Bi - week so maybe The Rams can beat on the flailing Seahawks.I don’t know what to expect.Can’t stomach the kool-aide anymore.

VERY SAD WHEN ROD FANS come to the main RAMS POST mud-season with the DRAFT!!

There’s a FREAKING SECTION FOR THIS!! Sort of extra discouraging.Maybe The Rams should sign Nick Saban & The RMs can BO NIXS ??? WTF

Memphis Ram

Legend
There is no Oline that can be built that's going to be able to withstand a team that abandons the run so often and runs so many empty sets. The only chance of that even possibly working is with a mobile QB.

Even when Whitworth was on the team, they struggled with this nonsense against the better teams as defenses would just pin their ears back and attack with no fear of a run. McVay has got to help his Oline.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
If we had the number 1 overall pick, I’m taking Maye without hesitation.
I'm trading down (no more than 9 spots) in a NY second and picking up a decent 2nd round pick. Then I'm taking the best rated LT on the board and the best Edge in round 2, as well as the best skill player with our original round 2 pick. But that's just me. I don't work for any NFL team and probably shouldn't.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I'm trading down (no more than 9 spots) in a NY second and picking up a decent 2nd round pick. Then I'm taking the best rated LT on the board and the best Edge in round 2, as well as the best skill player with our original round 2 pick. But that's just me. I don't work for any NFL team and probably shouldn't.
Think you would get a whole lot more than just a #2.

Chicago traded down 10 spots with Carolina last draft and got a haul. Two #1s, two #2s and DJ Moore.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don

Chicago traded down 10 spots with Carolina last draft and got a haul. Two #1s, two #2s and DJ Moore.
Trade downs may be enticing but they are often future picks so the immediate impact could be less than if you used your existing picks.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

But that was trading out of the #1 overall pick, not the #7 pick where the Rams currently are
As always in these trade down scenarios, I often wonder who the player is that some team would want to trade up for. If the player is that good, why not draft him themselves?

Turducken

Starter
Really ??

-West Coast - bi-East(Flamers)

Just a lot of BS!!! It plays itself out,but these networks & world is disappointing. This Irvine Myers guy is a perfect example of the soap opera we live in. As the World Turns. AI couldn’t even make this up.

It’s a Bi - week so maybe The Rams can beat on the flailing Seahawks.I don’t know what to expect.Can’t stomach the kool-aide anymore.

VERY SAD WHEN ROD FANS come to the main RAMS POST mud-season with the DRAFT!!

There’s a FREAKING SECTION FOR THIS!! Sort of extra discouraging.Maybe The Rams should sign Nick Saban & The RMs can BO NIXS ??? WTF
I started this thread in April (shortly after we released Bobby Wagner with enormous dead money). I was musing about whether flushing so much amounted to a GM-engineered tanking.

It wasn't really about tanking for Caleb. I just looked at the early mocks for 2024 and saw him at the top. If Maye had been at the top I probably would have called it "Poor Play for Maye?"

The thread gained new life after the GB loss.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny thing here is I don't think they planned to tank, but rather accepted that it's gonna be tough. They knew they were going to lose a lot of games but it's easy to convince yourself in the offseason that you'll be able to overcome roster shortages.

So is it ripping off the bandaid or tanking. I feel the former but I suppose one could see it either direction. Also this season isn't over yet. If they can keep Stafford upright and get him to play those 8 games that are more or less "winnable" they might get to 9 wins and at least a non-losing season.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
But that was trading out of the #1 overall pick, not the #7 pick where the Rams currently are
I was responding to PARAM, who was responding to Hitstick's post that presumed:
'If we (the Rams) had the #1 overall pick'

So my comment presumed the Rams had the #1 overall ... So BACK OFF!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was responding to PARAM, who was responding to Hitstick's post that presumed:
'If we (the Rams) had the #1 overall pick'

So my comment presumed the Rams had the #1 overall ... So BACK OFF!
Excuse me while I umm....
Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
USC losing 4 of the last 5 (and beating Cal by one point should be a loss) ‘might’ push Maye ahead of him. It’s a tough time to be a USC fan.
Its definitely a tough time to be a USC fan, but, Caleb certainly isn't the reason for those losses and I'm not moving him below Drake for that. Its like 99.9% on the defense.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Its definitely a tough time to be a USC fan, but, Caleb certainly isn't the reason for those losses and I'm not moving him below Drake for that. Its like 99.9% on the defense.
You're underestimating the defensive culpability for the collapse.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Trade downs may be enticing but they are often future picks so the immediate impact could be less than if you used your existing picks.
Good point, but it could also give us more ammo to move up next year for a QB, if we go LT in the 1st this year.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I think there is about zero chance of us getting Caleb unless we send a kings ransom to trade up, which I don't think we have the ability to do. So, I'd say the chances are 0.1%. Giants simply are not winning another game, unless, of course, we intentionally lose to them in our 2nd to last game, even then, we'd just be tied. I do think Carolina, NE, and Arizona all have potential to win another game or 2. Giants and DeVito? Nah. Honestly, as long as neither the Cards nor Pats get a top 3 pick, I'd be happy.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is the beginning of what is going to be an epic USC era I think. Top head coach in place he just needs to get the defense right.