Faileb for Caleb?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It doesn't seem like you understood what I wrote.
I do. I think he had plenty of great throws from the pocket in 18. And they move him around plenty in Detroit.

Much like 18… he’s got a great scheme and exceptional talent around him.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I almost want to say the worst defense
HaHa yeah Nix went up against a practice defense that has removed defensive stop from their vernacular. They now refer to as a Defensive Slowing. The SC D coord is now seen as the best offensive coord in the country for anyone playing SC. The next time SC goes 3 & out on D Mercedes will give you a car

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Here's PFF's big board: https://www.pff.com/draft/big-board?season=2024

Some of these rankings look funny to me but I suppose no matter how you stack 'em you're gonna have critics. McCarthy at 29 seems a bit ludicrous. But let's play a game here and see how many direct Rams needs are on their first round grade list...

By PFF ranking spot:

1. QB Caleb Williams
3. QB Drake May
4. OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu
5. TE Brock Bowers
6. OT Laiatu Latu
7. OT Joe Alt
10. OT Taliese Fuaga
11. EDGE Chop Robinson
12. CB Kool-Aid McKinstry
13. EDGE Jared Verse
14. CB Nate Wiggins
17. EDGE Dallas Turner
18. QB Bo Nix
19. OT JC Latham
21. OT Graham Barton
22. QB Michael Penix
23. EDGE Bralen Trice
26. CB Cooper Dejean
28. OT Amarius Mims
29. QB JJ McCarthy
30. CB Kalen King

The gaps seem to mostly be WR and DL, some of whom will tempt McSnead greatly. But of PFF's 1st round list 21 are positions that are direct needs for us (QB, Edge, OT, CB).

5 QBs. 7 OTs. Seems like there's a lot of nice options for us early on in this draft.

Oh and I included TE too as a need, simply because Bowers is an instant plug and play upgrade and with Higs we would actually have enough potency for McVay to want to line up in 12.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Some of these rankings look funny to me but I suppose no matter how you stack 'em you're gonna have critics. McCarthy at 29 seems a bit ludicrous. But let's play a game here and see how many direct Rams needs are on their first round grade list...

By PFF ranking spot:

1. QB Caleb Williams
3. QB Drake May
4. OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu
5. TE Brock Bowers
6. OT Laiatu Latu
7. OT Joe Alt
10. OT Taliese Fuaga
11. EDGE Chop Robinson
13. EDGE Jared Verse
14. CB Nate Wiggins
17. EDGE Dallas Turner
18. QB Bo Nix
19. OT JC Latham
21. OT Graham Barton
22. QB Michael Penix
23. EDGE Bralen Trice
26. CB Cooper Dejean
28. OT Amarius Mims
29. QB JJ McCarthy
30. CB Kalen King

The gaps seem to mostly be WR and DL, some of whom will tempt McSnead greatly. But of PFF's 1st round list 21 are positions that are direct needs for us (QB, Edge, OT, CB).

5 QBs. 7 OTs. Seems like there's a lot of nice options for us early on in this draft.

Oh and I included TE too as a need, simply because Bowers is an instant plug and play upgrade and with Higs we would actually have enough potency for McVay to want to line up in 12.
Which one is Big Whit Jr?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Fashanu 6'6" 320 and athletic but don't see him being there. Honestly it is probably the smartest pick if we could swing it. I am all in for another decade + starter @ LT
Me too, and three! ~ @Merlin and myself

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

By PFF ranking spot:

1. QB Caleb Williams
3. QB Drake May
4. OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu
5. TE Brock Bowers
6. OT Laiatu Latu
7. OT Joe Alt
10. OT Taliese Fuaga
11. EDGE Chop Robinson
13. EDGE Jared Verse
14. CB Nate Wiggins
17. EDGE Dallas Turner
18. QB Bo Nix
19. OT JC Latham
21. OT Graham Barton
22. QB Michael Penix
23. EDGE Bralen Trice
26. CB Cooper Dejean
28. OT Amarius Mims
29. QB JJ McCarthy
30. CB Kalen King

My dream is a modest trade back where someone overpays a little because they want a specific player.. You could see someone reaching for a QB.. they always do.

Get an OT.. have an extra pick or two.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My dream is a modest trade back where someone overpays a little because they want a specific player.. You could see someone reaching for a QB.. they always do.

Get an OT.. have an extra pick or two.
Does seem like there's room for that, given that the QB + OT alone totals 12 picks. Probably comes down to where we're picking.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does seem like there's room for that, given that the QB + OT alone totals 12 picks. Probably comes down to where we're picking.
Some of those OT have only played RT in college, which is perfectly fine look at Sewell out there for the Lions right now :o A few are projected to be able to move over to LT in the pros but that's always gonna come down to coaching.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some of those OT have only played RT in college, which is perfectly fine look at Sewell out there for the Lions right now :o A few are projected to be able to move over to LT in the pros but that's always gonna come down to coaching.
Yeah you never know. Of last year's top group I don't think any are at LT last time I looked. Skoronski ended up at OG. The kid the Cards took I think is still at RT. But sometimes they start somewhere else as a rook then get moved over.

I think this year's group is stronger than last year's up top. Looks like more real OTs to me. Of the film I looked at last year I think Skoronski was the best in pass pro. This year seems more balanced though I haven't really focused in with any position yet.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Did you see the Virginia game where he got his ass kicked against a really inferior team.

Maye and Caleb both have issues.

Caleb however has one of the most accurate arms that I have ever seen.

But, he can't read a defense for shit.

Maye appears to have a really good OL and when he has time can make great passes. He has some escape ability but nothing like Williams.

The one thing hurting Williams this year is that his OL is extremely poor. I thought it would be better than this. Nope - his OL sucks.

And since Williams can't read defenses, he is either getting sacked or pressured to make a good throw. He definitely needs work on reading defenses and that depends on whether or not he actually looks at film of his opposing teams.

Does anyone know if he does that? From what I have seen of his play, I believe he doesn't.

That is something that needs to be discussed by pro teams. Is he willing to put in the work?

Murray sure doesn't. And Williams sometimes reminds me of Murray with his attitude except Williams wants to win.

Maybe that will be the incentive to get Williams to do the work.
Good point. I would think he does given the fact he does show a lot of passion, but maybe he doesn’t really understand what to look for when watching film on his own.
Maye has issues of his own, turns the ball over seemingly once per game and his passing TD's are down from last year

No quarterback is without issues.

Andrew Luck might be the only in recent memory that was a sure-fire, pro ready, franchise changing QB. He was a no brainer. I don’t think we have that here.

I just think Mayes issues are more easily correctable than Williams.

jap

Legend
If the Horns want another SB run or two in Matthew's remaining playing years, he has to be protected at all costs! How many QBs, including the elite ones, could have produced three! come from behind post-season victories! as the ComeBack Maestro did in 2021---without help from the officials? Matthew is as tough as they come, but he is a walking, talking MASH unit all by himself. As he ages, the ability to bounce back from injury declines. We need a Battering Ram OL for the rushing game and the Great Wall of China for the passing attack.

I think we need a blue chip LT and a solid QB prospect. Time for Snead and Co. to move heaven & earth to get our guys. Nothing personal to other NFL clubs, but we wanna guarantee Matthew and Cooper's future Hall of Fame entries. AD99 is already guaranteed.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dip in stats is fine provided there's a rationale for it.

Beyond that I think the single biggest thing I want in a QB is a passer who is confident in the pocket. Courageous in the face of a rush. Resilient after being hit and able to keep fighting vice disappearing. I think this is one thing Martz had right, that your QB has to be your fiercest competitor on the field.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

By PFF ranking spot:

1. QB Caleb Williams
3. QB Drake May
4. OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu
5. TE Brock Bowers
6. OT Laiatu Latu
7. OT Joe Alt
10. OT Taliese Fuaga
11. EDGE Chop Robinson
13. EDGE Jared Verse
14. CB Nate Wiggins
17. EDGE Dallas Turner
18. QB Bo Nix
19. OT JC Latham
21. OT Graham Barton
22. QB Michael Penix
23. EDGE Bralen Trice
26. CB Cooper Dejean
28. OT Amarius Mims
29. QB JJ McCarthy
30. CB Kalen King

What an odd list. There isn’t a WR on it? MH Jr anybody?
If the OT pool is truly that deep, then snagging a future QB AND a top LT seems entirely possible.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
If the OT pool is truly that deep, then snagging a future QB AND a top LT seems entirely possible.
Marvin Harrison Jr is #2 on the list not sure why he’s not included on the persons list you’re quoting…

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
WR is one of our stronger groups I say no as good as MHJ is. I would grab an LT, Fashanu or Alt a true LT. We can strengthen the Secondary, DL, RB and Edge with draft picks and FA's. If we protect Stafford we have 2-4 years then steal a top FA QB or possibly we have drafted and developed one. There are a lot of moving parts to navigate, I think this is the quickest way to success without jeopardizing the future. I always like drafting a QB high but the chance we improve that position over obvious needs at other positions is questionable and unlikely to bring much net gain if any.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Marvin Harrison Jr is #2 on the list not sure why he’s not included on the persons list you’re quoting…

That is odd indeed. I didn’t notice there wasn’t a #2 when I read it. I looked a few times for Harrison’s name, but I didn’t catch the numerical omission.

Thanks.