Another Uniform Thread - 2021 Uniforms Revealed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

2021 Uniform Changes (choose as many as you want)

• Change Blue to another Blue

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • Change Yellow to another Yellow

Votes: 19 16.4%
  • Change Bone to another White

Votes: 33 28.4%
  • Eliminate Gradient Numbers

Votes: 79 68.1%
  • Change Uniform Number Font

Votes: 41 35.3%
  • Change Horn on Helmet, to more curl/old style

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Pant Lines / Socks Need to Pop More

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • Add a White Horn helmet and jersey compliment

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • All good as is, really. Keep going

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • Start Over

Votes: 15 12.9%

• Total voters

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Ok, so now that the draft is over, where in the flying fuck are these new uniforms??? Not trying to sound pissy, but I swear we suck at these releases.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
So who has the Athletic? Apparently Demoff has stated when we'll get the new uniforms. C'mon folks, I need my fix lol

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
So who has the Athletic? Apparently Demoff has stated when we'll get the new uniforms. C'mon folks, I need my fix lol

It’s the No. 1 question on the hearts and minds of Los Angeles Rams fans.

No, it’s not “How will new quarterback Matthew Stafford look in head coach Sean McVay’s offense?” or, “who will step up to replace (insert player lost in free agency here)?”

It’s the uniforms, man. The uniforms.

When the Rams released their brand-new threads and logos in 2020, the door was intentionally left open for an additional combination/alternate uniform outside of the two main concepts (and three colorways) worn throughout the season. But so far this spring and summer, little has been shared about the release of it. Until now.

Chief operating officer Kevin Demoff joined The Athletic’s “11 Personnel” podcast on Tuesday afternoon, and finally let loose a few tasty details about when Rams fans can expect the release of the alternates, and why there has been a bit of a holdup in doing so to this point.

“Our goal is before training camp,” he said, additionally citing a little-known rule as to the reason for the delay: The NFL, he said, only allows alternate jersey releases to be available for sale after July 1.

“Unless you are debuting a completely new primary set of uniforms, NFL rules basically stipulate (that) it’s post-July 1,” he said. “First and foremost, that’s probably an unknown NFL uniform rule. There are multiple teams this year that are all waiting to (present) an alternate, a classic, a throwback — whatever you want to call it. (Those are) coming post-July 1.”

So, the estimated window — if all goes according to plan — will be a release sometime between July 2, and when players report to camp on July 25-28.

“That is our goal. It could slide back, if some issues present,” he said. “I get asked every day on Twitter, ‘When are they coming?’ and I think someone actually has a countdown on a day-by-day basis. … Unfortunately, it’s still a little fluid …

“The new uniforms are coming. They can be worn up to three, two or three times (but we believe they can be worn up to three times) this year, and we expect to have them certainly by the start of the season, but likely training camp.”

Aside from the NFL’s own guidelines on the matter, the Rams additionally had to wait on other factors, including players’ official number changes, Demoff said.

“When the NFL voted (this spring) to allow everybody to change numbers,” he said, “most of the players we would go to market (the jerseys) with have all changed their numbers. And so you then you have to get back into the global supply chain and say, ‘All of these Jalen Ramsey No. 20 jerseys you made are now useless. When can I get Jalen Ramsey No. 5 jerseys?'”

Finally, Demoff said that certain pandemic-related economic variables also stalled some of the process in releasing the new alternates.

“Given the pandemic, factories and shipping, everything across the world is challenged,” he said. “If you’re trying to make sure that you have product available to sell, and for fans to buy — the later this year, the better, just given some of the global supply chains. I know that global supply chain was probably not a topic that we wanted to get into on this podcast, but it does factor in to making sure that someone can go get a Matthew Stafford jersey.”

The Rams looked at the possibility of releasing the alternates at the Rams’ open practice at SoFi Stadium last week, but the above variables made it next to impossible to have updated numbers for some of the alternates. They also have no fixed date just yet, again, because of the above and to help prevent any leaks of the alternate itself.

“We’re trying to make sure that we can get people the jerseys they want, with the right number on it, when they’re available,” he said. “That’s when we can actually go out and say, ‘Here’s when it is.”

The latest episode of “11 Personnel”, featuring an hour-and-a-half interview with Demoff, will be released on Wednesday, and available wherever you get your podcasts.

(Photo: Robert Hanashiro / USA Today)

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

No, it’s not “How will new quarterback Matthew Stafford look in head coach Sean McVay’s offense?” or, “who will step up to replace (insert player lost in free agency here)?”

When the Rams released their brand-new threads and logos in 2020, the door was intentionally left open for an additional combination/alternate uniform outside of the two main concepts (and three colorways) worn throughout the season. But so far this spring and summer, little has been shared about the release of it. Until now.

Chief operating officer Kevin Demoff joined The Athletic’s “11 Personnel” podcast on Tuesday afternoon, and finally let loose a few tasty details about when Rams fans can expect the release of the alternates, and why there has been a bit of a holdup in doing so to this point.

“Our goal is before training camp,” he said, additionally citing a little-known rule as to the reason for the delay: The NFL, he said, only allows alternate jersey releases to be available for sale after July 1.

“Unless you are debuting a completely new primary set of uniforms, NFL rules basically stipulate (that) it’s post-July 1,” he said. “First and foremost, that’s probably an unknown NFL uniform rule. There are multiple teams this year that are all waiting to (present) an alternate, a classic, a throwback — whatever you want to call it. (Those are) coming post-July 1.”

So, the estimated window — if all goes according to plan — will be a release sometime between July 2, and when players report to camp on July 25-28.

“That is our goal. It could slide back, if some issues present,” he said. “I get asked every day on Twitter, ‘When are they coming?’ and I think someone actually has a countdown on a day-by-day basis. … Unfortunately, it’s still a little fluid …

“The new uniforms are coming. They can be worn up to three, two or three times (but we believe they can be worn up to three times) this year, and we expect to have them certainly by the start of the season, but likely training camp.”

Aside from the NFL’s own guidelines on the matter, the Rams additionally had to wait on other factors, including players’ official number changes, Demoff said.

“When the NFL voted (this spring) to allow everybody to change numbers,” he said, “most of the players we would go to market (the jerseys) with have all changed their numbers. And so you then you have to get back into the global supply chain and say, ‘All of these Jalen Ramsey No. 20 jerseys you made are now useless. When can I get Jalen Ramsey No. 5 jerseys?'”

Finally, Demoff said that certain pandemic-related economic variables also stalled some of the process in releasing the new alternates.

“Given the pandemic, factories and shipping, everything across the world is challenged,” he said. “If you’re trying to make sure that you have product available to sell, and for fans to buy — the later this year, the better, just given some of the global supply chains. I know that global supply chain was probably not a topic that we wanted to get into on this podcast, but it does factor in to making sure that someone can go get a Matthew Stafford jersey.”

The Rams looked at the possibility of releasing the alternates at the Rams’ open practice at SoFi Stadium last week, but the above variables made it next to impossible to have updated numbers for some of the alternates. They also have no fixed date just yet, again, because of the above and to help prevent any leaks of the alternate itself.

“We’re trying to make sure that we can get people the jerseys they want, with the right number on it, when they’re available,” he said. “That’s when we can actually go out and say, ‘Here’s when it is.”

The latest episode of “11 Personnel”, featuring an hour-and-a-half interview with Demoff, will be released on Wednesday, and available wherever you get your podcasts.

Thanks for that, great info!!!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Hoping they're the classic 70's version of B and Y.

If it's just another variation of the new Hasbro Action Figure Pajamas, I don't give a shit

bluecoconuts

Legend
The NFL jersey rules are so fucking stupid, I can't wrap my head around it. Can only release them at certain times, have to wait several years between, one shell rule, can't wear whatever jersey they want as the home team, it just doesn't make any sense to me why they have all these restrictions.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The NFL jersey rules are so fucking stupid, I can't wrap my head around it. Can only release them at certain times, have to wait several years between, one shell rule, can't wear whatever jersey they want as the home team, it just doesn't make any sense to me why they have all these restrictions.
I'm with you here. Don't they realize how much fucking money they are missing out on? Makes no sense.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Not too much longer.

Sounds like we had to wait until July-01, but also sounds like other reasons likely lead to delay beyond that exact day.

Rams sure have kept things a secret. No leaks.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I find it frustrating… but I could make an argument loosie goosie rules would be bad too.

The NFL wants to control the look of their product. That part makes sense.

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the rules are mostly to protect the manufacturers and vendors of the jerseys. If teams change too frequently or abruptly then somebody is gonna lose money and get stuck with a warehouse full of unwanted merchandise. But yeah I think the NFL goes way too far with the restrictions and it still sucks for the fans but I think that's the reasoning.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Well, they shouldn't be made in China then you wouldn't have to worry so much about a "global supply chain"

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Not trying to defend the NFL's uniform rules here because they are too rigid.

But Home teams ARE allowed to decide if they are going to wear their Home or Away jerseys for all of their home games. That's why you see the hot weather teams wearing their Away jerseys at home during the early part of the season when it's hot as hell outside. It's a smart strategy because the white away jerseys repell the heat and the darker home jerseys absorb the heat. This is a definite advantage and there are certain teams that have been taking advantage of this for years. Tampa, Jax, and Miami all do this.

The cowgirls are also partial to their white away jerseys when playing at home... not for the heat advantage as they play indoors... they just prefer that look for some reason.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The cowgirls are also partial to their white away jerseys when playing at home ....they just prefer that look for some reason.
When I first became a Rams’ fan, it seemed like they would play an entire season in their classic white uniforms.

Teams wore their dark uniform at home and white on the road but, like the Cowboys, the Rams wore white at home. When they played each other, the road team was forced to wear dark. Still remember the 1971 Thanksgiving game in Dallas.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Not trying to defend the NFL's uniform rules here because they are too rigid.

But Home teams ARE allowed to decide if they are going to wear their Home or Away jerseys for all of their home games. That's why you see the hot weather teams wearing their Away jerseys at home during the early part of the season when it's hot as hell outside. It's a smart strategy because the white away jerseys repell the heat and the darker home jerseys absorb the heat. This is a definite advantage and there are certain teams that have been taking advantage of this for years. Tampa, Jax, and Miami all do this.

The cowgirls are also partial to their white away jerseys when playing at home... not for the heat advantage as they play indoors... they just prefer that look for some reason.

We had to ask permission to rock the yellow and blue throwbacks for more than two games a few years back, that's more what I mean.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Well, this announcement tells me that we'll have to wait till next year (2022) to get to see the throwback B + Y's.

No way they'd wear the throwbacks this year with the new "split in the horn" helmets.
Maybe for blue and whites, but I wouldn't be surprised if they use the new helmet with the old jerseys if the colors align.

Also, what if our throwback uniforms are the St Louis Blue and Golds instead of the classic LA unis? :unsure:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Maybe I'm mistaken, but the Throwback Uni games have always allowed the Throwback Helmets to be worn with the rest of the Throwback Uni.

I think this Alternate Color Helmet has nothing to do with the Throwback Unis... I think this is for the rest of the games. Just like when the renters (aka chargers) used to have 2 different colored helmets.

I think that's what this is.