We got to add at WR, right?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd rather retain Demarcus than Mooney. Not a fan of the Bears or that offense or the players in it.

Also I'd rather draft someone for that X role than retaining Demarcus as well. This is an epic WR draft so just take advantage of it. We don't need a top guy, though if one drops to us that would be good. But this class is stupid good. Rams will find a WR3 among these boys I think.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Many good options later in the draft for a WR. One of our 3rds is a great spot for that position.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Darnell Mooney of the Bears could be an interesting free agent option at WR. Coming-off two very average seasons, he may come at a reasonable price; and seems like a good fit.
Been the apple of my eye for quite a while. Love to see him in Horns

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Robert Woods was a McVay/Snead move....

Why either or? I'd rather have Mooney than Tutu and think Demarcus will be back
Because I wouldn't want to tie up cap space on depth chart receivers. And because I think McVay is going to take a shot on a wideout in this class. If they're going to add cheap FAs I'd prefer them to be on the defense where they'd have a stronger effect on the whole.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'd rather retain Demarcus than Mooney. Not a fan of the Bears or that offense or the players in it.

Also I'd rather draft someone for that X role than retaining Demarcus as well. This is an epic WR draft so just take advantage of it. We don't need a top guy, though if one drops to us that would be good. But this class is stupid good. Rams will find a WR3 among these boys I think.

I think a good way to look at guys like Demarcus and Witherspoon is that they aren't exceptional difference makers and so it's less about resigning these guys and more about using the same process again that we used to bring them in, but perhaps with different people.

Smart and thorough scouting of talent after the draft to fill holes that remain with cheap contracts.

The priorities in FA seem to be: 1) Not be super aggressive 2) Dotson at the right price 3) edge and/or corner 4) fill out holes with vet min-ish contracts.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think a good way to look at guys like Demarcus and Witherspoon is that they aren't exceptional difference makers and so it's less about resigning these guys and more about using the same process again that we used to bring them in, but perhaps with different people.

Smart and thorough scouting of talent after the draft to fill holes that remain with cheap contracts.

The priorities in FA seem to be: 1) Not be super aggressive 2) Dotson at the right price 3) edge and/or corner 4) fill out holes with vet min-ish contracts.
Well put. :thumbsup1:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think keeping Robinson is a smart move AND I think it will be reasonable. Deep WR draft & he’s not a difference-maker.

I’d probably draft one later.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think keeping Robinson is a smart move AND I think it will be reasonable. Deep WR draft & he’s not a difference-maker.

I’d probably draft one later.
If you love a receiver, let him go.

And if after FA and the draft, he returns to us on a low cost contract, it was meant to be.

Though if we fill the need in the draft, our love was never meant to be.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
I still like O line, CB and LB-edge.
That said its going to be the best talent that falls to whatever pick the Rams are at.
BPA is pretty much always the best was to go. Good hard nosed football players that live and breath football and not afraid to work.
Get that guy, whoever it is and wherever he plays.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy

And if after FA and the draft, he returns to us on a low cost contract, it was meant to be.

"That" analogy ?
If she bones someone else she can stay gone I always said !

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Lol. Good stuff.
I just feel like he had developed a real nice rapport with Stafford.
And with Kupp’s health seeming to be a consistent issue.. I really want another dependable target.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Lol. Good stuff.
I just feel like he had developed a real nice rapport with Stafford.
And with Kupp’s health seeming to be a consistent issue.. I really want another dependable target.
Definitely, I suspect the Rams will look at WR perhaps in the draft or look to for a late addition on a vet minimum contract much like Robinson (it could be him, though I suspect it would be for a bump on the vet min!) after FA and the draft.

I think they're more committed to the process that got them Robinson last year than Robinson as a player.

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I keep leaning towards Malachi Corley and Brendan Rice. It'd take a 2nd and a 5th I'm afraid. The only way I think the Rams would do it is with a trade down from 19 and use the extra pick you would probably gain.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Think Robinson is gone as some team will overpay him so yes WR will need to be filled. Mooney has had a crappy QB in Fields for consistentcy so he's definitely an option at the right price. I'd throw Tyler Boyd in the mix too. If the Bengals franchise Tee Higgins, then they aren't keeping him around.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
So, are we presuming that TuTu will continue to be a non factor in the passing game? And if so, why keep him around?

Personally, I'd love to see us get a real threat at TE before we go out an spend money on another WR.

dang

Legend
I keep leaning towards Malachi Corley and Brendan Rice. It'd take a 2nd and a 5th I'm afraid. The only way I think the Rams would do it is with a trade down from 19 and use the extra pick you would probably gain.
How do they compare to a Van Jefferson. I had high hopes for him but he just didn’t have the hands or “dog” in him to make a difference. Because if not better then someone like Demarcus Robinson makes more sense.