We got to add at WR, right?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd sacrifice some speed for someone who can reliably play the X position play in and play out. But ideally, a good size X that can really run would be amazing.

If you're looking for a good-sized receiver, Keon Coleman (Florida State), Adonai Mitchell (Texas), Troy Franklin (Oregon), maybe Rome Odunze (Washington), maybe Brian Thomas Jr. (Louisiana State)? I highly doubt Odunze and Thomas slip (I think they go midteens.), but there are a lot of other good-sized receivers. I think I love Mitchell the most out of the ones who will be left; he's 6'4" and has absolute mitts for hands, probably one of the best in the draft. Probably worth a late first round pick or very early second, though; I wouldn't spend #19 on him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It wouldn’t surprise me if they drafted a burner type WR, and released Tutu.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Have to think the wideouts will juggle around as per usual after the combine workouts. But I think we can cross three guys off our list for sure: Nabers, Harrison, and Odunze. Odunze I think is a midround guy but I'm seeing his name getting thrown around as a top 5 so who knows. I expect that will be wrong but if he runs a great 40 time he's a top ten guy because he can do underneath threat which everyone wants plus he's got wheels.

Either way I'd be surprised if any of the 3 are there for us at 19. Thomas could be there for us. Not sure if he's McVay's type though.

Sort of feeling right now to me like the Rams will address WR round 3 with Center. Depth of the class seems to insinuate that would be best. That way we get a couple impact defenders first then round out the offensive needs and go back to DL rotation and Safety rounds 4+ and the teams types.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
We just gave them Van Jefferson for a 6/7th round pick. Why would Tutu be worth more?

Because Chatarius was so much better than Van this year? And because the Falcons don't have shit other than London (since Pitts wants out), and Morris knows Atwell?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If you're looking for a good-sized receiver, Keon Coleman (Florida State), Adonai Mitchell (Texas), Troy Franklin (Oregon), maybe Rome Odunze (Washington), maybe Brian Thomas Jr. (Louisiana State)? I highly doubt Odunze and Thomas slip (I think they go midteens.), but there are a lot of other good-sized receivers. I think I love Mitchell the most out of the ones who will be left; he's 6'4" and has absolute mitts for hands, probably one of the best in the draft. Probably worth a late first round pick or very early second, though; I wouldn't spend #19 on him.
Malik Nabors or bust. This offense would be unstoppable

JBRam77

UDFA
Why would we draft a Tight End so high if Stafford never/hardly ever utilizes Tight Ends? Call me crazy but I would take a flier on Odell for one more go around if we don’t re-sign Robinson . I still think he has more in the tank and he was on fire until the injury in the SB. Maybe draft a WR in Round 4-6 somewhere if McVay and Snead like something they see. We need to spend premium picks on other areas.

oldnotdead

Legend
Stafford, Donald and Kupp are probably retired in 2025.

That's why I see them taking a QB1 and WR this year. I can see them extending Robinson on a 3 year deal. That could make Tutu trade bait this year along with drafting another tall, fast WR.

A team like the Chargers needs WRs for Herbert so a package to trade for their #5 pick for multiple 1s and Tutu might interest Harbaugh who needs to rebuild the team with WR being a real need.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

A team like the Chargers needs WRs for Herbert

Wide Receiver is perhaps the Chargers' deepest and most talented position group.

It's led by 6-time Pro Bowler Keenan Allen.
Mike Williams, the #7th overall pick in 2017.
Quentin Johnston, the second WR selected in last year's Draft ... 21st overall.
Josh Palmer, a third-year-WR and former third round pick.
Additional depth is provided by Jalen Guyton and Derius Davis.

Now to be fair and accurate, the Chargers are way over the 2024 salary cap, with both Allen and Williams carrying big cap numbers. Williams is coming-off a season-ending injury. And, Guyton is a free agent.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Stafford, Donald and Kupp are probably retired in 2025.

That's why I see them taking a QB1 and WR this year. I can see them extending Robinson on a 3 year deal. That could make Tutu trade bait this year along with drafting another tall, fast WR.

A team like the Chargers needs WRs for Herbert so a package to trade for their #5 pick for multiple 1s and Tutu might interest Harbaugh who needs to rebuild the team with WR being a real need.
What makes the retirement of all three of those players probable? Two of them (Stafford and Kupp) have very lucrative deals that run beyond 2025.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wide Receiver is perhaps the Chargers' deepest and most talented position group.

It's led by 6-time Pro Bowler Keenan Allen.
Mike Williams, the #7th overall pick in 2017.
Quentin Johnston, the second WR selected in last year's Draft ... 21st overall.
Josh Palmer, a third-year-WR and former third round pick.
Additional depth is provided by Jalen Guyton and Derius Davis.

Now to be fair and accurate, the Chargers are way over the 2024 salary cap, with both Allen and Williams carrying big cap numbers. Williams is coming-off a season-ending injury. And, Guyton is a free agent.
Top two being on the field half the games? At best? Make Williams expendable and then you need to replace him. Wouldn't be shocked if he's cut or traded to save $20 million in cap for 2024 for a team right now $45 million over the cap. He and Mack could likely be gone.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Top two being on the field half the games? At best? Make Williams expendable and then you need to replace him. Wouldn't be shocked if he's cut or traded to save $20 million in cap for 2024 for a team right now $45 million over the cap. He and Mack could likely be gone.
I agree.
Had a similar post about a week ago about the Chargers' cap situation, where the veteran foursome of Mack, Bosa, Allen and Williams represent a 2024 cap hit of $142M. Suggested that two of that four could be gone.

You don't think their first round pick last year might be viewed as a replacement for Williams if he is cut?
Now, to be fair and accurate, Johnston was the pick of the previous regime.

Regardless, the point of my post was to push-back on a OND's comment that 'the Chargers need WRs'.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree.
Had a similar post about a week ago about the Chargers' cap situation, where the veteran foursome of Mack, Bosa, Allen and Williams represent a 2024 cap hit of $142M. Suggested that two of that four could be gone.

You don't think their first round pick last year might be viewed as a replacement for Williams if he is cut?
Now, to be fair and accurate, Johnston was the pick of the previous regime.

Regardless, the point of my post was to push-back on a OND's comment that 'the Chargers need WRs'.
Just playing arm chair GM you get rid of Mack and Williams and extend Allen with a few void years to keep one of your team greats. I don't think Bosa is changed.