We got to add at WR, right?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Puka, Kupp, Tutu and Skowronek. Not a bad group of receivers. But wouldn't mind a Robinson type receiver. Kupp is over 30 now and seems to be getting dinged up a lot. Which tends to happen more often at that age. Whatever they do they need to keep the line stout. A bad line can offset good receivers.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
After what Robinson showed down the stretch I would like to see him resigned. None of the top FAs are worth their predicted price tag and with Kupp’s contract they already have a huge chunk allocated there. MAYBE Boyd if he really came in at $8m but I think they can get a better player in the draft fir a long term investment.

I agree with getting defense early in the draft, CB for me in round 1, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see them go WR, oline or trade back.

McConkey looks like McVay’s kind of guy but he’s a late 1st prediction currently.

Roman Wilson is a 3rd round prediction who could fit in the Kupp role nicely in a couple of years.

Who knows, I’m never right on this stuff.

WestCoastRam

Legend
After what Robinson showed down the stretch I would like to see him resigned. None of the top FAs are worth their predicted price tag and with Kupp’s contract they already have a huge chunk allocated there. MAYBE Boyd if he really came in at $8m but I think they can get a better player in the draft fir a long term investment.

I agree with getting defense early in the draft, CB for me in round 1, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see them go WR, oline or trade back.

McConkey looks like McVay’s kind of guy but he’s a late 1st prediction currently.

Roman Wilson is a 3rd round prediction who could fit in the Kupp role nicely in a couple of years.

Who knows, I’m never right on this stuff.
Sure sounds like Rams will let him test market and then see if there's a contract that works. Feels like the right move.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Sure sounds like Rams will let him test market and then see if there's a contract that works. Feels like the right move.
If they have someone else in mind I might agree with that. I can’t imagine his contract would be much more than they paid him in ‘23, ($1.165m). Even double that would be a bargain for the production he put up in this offense.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Robinson has been making marginal $$ since entering the league and now in his age 30 year he's a FA. He wont be demanding huge $$. He's been a 6-700 yard per season the past few years and it didnt pay off then, so not sure why he couldnt be kept around without hurting the cap.
Dump Tutu and apply the 1.4 of cap space to Demarcus

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
It wouldn’t surprise me if they drafted a burner type WR, and released Tutu.
I'm not sure why they would release Tutu. He has a cap hit of only 1.8m and when he was actually used, he produced well. IMO, he has potentially the best hands on the team. The problem isn't Tutu, the problem is they don't use him for some crazy reason. He's a valuable burner that has basically no cap hit. Yeah, he doesn't contribute on ST, but, he's perhaps the only deep threat we have.
Why would we draft a Tight End so high if Stafford never/hardly ever utilizes Tight Ends? Call me crazy but I would take a flier on Odell for one more go around if we don’t re-sign Robinson . I still think he has more in the tank and he was on fire until the injury in the SB. Maybe draft a WR in Round 4-6 somewhere if McVay and Snead like something they see. We need to spend premium picks on other areas.
If he backs off his crazy contract demands, sure. Signing with the Ravens was a pure money grab (don't blame him), no WR has really surpassed expectations in that system. He could in our system, and has.

WestCoastRam

Legend
If they have someone else in mind I might agree with that. I can’t imagine his contract would be much more than they paid him in ‘23, ($1.165m). Even double that would be a bargain for the production he put up in this offense.
Yeah, I just think they'll let the market do the work for them here. Let it set the price and maybe it'll be just that. We'll def have him back at right price unless that process goes past draft and we pick up a talented X to take his place.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I expect they dump Tutu and let Robinson walk. This draft they can sit back and hit that WR3 need when they feel like it. They don't need a dominant X type, though that would be nice. Just fast and fluid, smart, who can grow into that X role.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Rams have a history of going Receiver early in the draft under McVay.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not sure why they would release Tutu. He has a cap hit of only 1.8m and when he was actually used, he produced well. IMO, he has potentially the best hands on the team
Demarcus replaced him, and the offense picked up. You release him if you need that cap space to retain Demarcus. He hasnt produced, and after getting only 9 targets in his last 6 reg season games, his needle isnt pointing anywhere but down

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
People don't seem to realize that McVay has high standards with his pass game weapons. The man doesn't fuck around with that element. He might put up with BS from his backs, but when it comes to wideouts or QB he's got an itchy trigger finger.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
It would be a very McVay thing to do to grab Brain Thomas Jr or Troy Franklin at #19. Wouldn't surprise me at all. I wouldn't like it, but, it wouldn't shock me.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Puka was nicked up a lot in college. With the way that the Rams use him, it would not surprise me to see him miss some games. Then the Rams have Kupp and no one else (basically). I believe McVay will draft a WR very soon in the draft.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Stafford, Donald and Kupp are probably retired in 2025.

That's why I see them taking a QB1 and WR this year. I can see them extending Robinson on a 3 year deal. That could make Tutu trade bait this year along with drafting another tall, fast WR.

A team like the Chargers needs WRs for Herbert so a package to trade for their #5 pick for multiple 1s and Tutu might interest Harbaugh who needs to rebuild the team with WR being a real need.
Why would Harbaugh want to trade for Tutu if he's already in position to take one of the top 3 WRs in this draft?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Why would Harbaugh want to trade for Tutu if he's already in position to take one of the top 3 WRs in this draft?
1707398303917.png

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
My first thought after the Detroit game was that we needed more weapons for Stafford.

So yes, I think we need to spend some draft capital on a WR. It would have to be someone polished and ready to contribute right away.