We got to add at WR, right?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Kupp, Nacua, Atwell, Robinson, Johnson, and Skow feels good if everyone is healthy.

But we need solid depth and someone that is a stud, IMO… I’d like something premium added at WR... Draft or FA.

It’s an offense driven league. We have the BEST offense minded Head Coach!

LOAD UP BABY!

What do you think?

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
WRs everywhere in this draft. Could they maybe hit again on a third/fourth rd receiver?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think we fill other spots this year and grab a guy early next year.

I definitely don’t want to see a WR go with our 1st 3 picks this year. We have too many other pressing holes to fill.

However, I would absolutely love a legitimate return threat taken day 3.
The fair catch game is boring as hell.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Robinson's a free agent whom we may or may not re-sign. Atwell and Skowronek are free agents next year, and I doubt we re-sign them. Kupp's production and injuries the last two years are concerning, and Nacua can't shoulder the load alone.

Personally, I'd draft two receivers, and at least one of them would be a high pick.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I agree. As we fill “need” positions, we must also bolster depths at key spots where we have strong starters, such as WR and RB. There will be good prospects at both positions in rounds 3-5.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Kupp and Nacua fight for yardage after the catch like few other wide receivers do. They're really good at it. However, they take a beating. Just can't imagine a season where both play 17 games.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Personally, I think Kupp will re-bound hugely with an off-season to get healthy. But his ability to stay healthy is a concern. And with some soon to be free agents, I do think we need to draft at least 1 WR.

I am not so sure Puka cannot shoulder the load alone. He did much of this year while Kupp was out.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could see another mid round gem coming to camp next year in Horns.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
KC is in the Superbowl with a QB, TE and good oline for their offense.

Let’s make our oline, dline and secondary wicked mean.
The W’s will pile up.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
If they can’t sign Robinson for under $10M, they have Tyler Johnson who’d probably resign and I’d take a flier on a day 3 prospect.

Trammell is serviceable too.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Next year (Tutu's contract year) we will see the 2nd coming of Tyreke Hill. So I'm not worried.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Personally, I think Kupp will re-bound hugely with an off-season to get healthy. But his ability to stay healthy is a concern. And with some soon to be free agents, I do think we need to draft at least 1 WR.

I am not so sure Puka cannot shoulder the load alone. He did much of this year while Kupp was out.

Nacua has had injury concerns himself (he's been out for plays during games where he clearly was injured), and he plays a style of play that is conducive to injuries. And Kupp will be thirty-one in June, has been injured the past two years, and wasn't himself when he played (fifty-nine receptions, 737 yards, and five touchdowns, all of which were less than the year before when he played less games than this year).

Do I think he could have a huge bounce-back year like Stafford did? Absolutely, but you have to prepare for the possibility that he's not going to be the same Kupp we're used to. We thought he'd bounce back this year, and he went on IR with a hamstring injury, and clearly wasn't himself. We can't count on him entirely, given that he's another year older.

And no, I don't trust Atwell or Skowronek to carry the weight if Nacua is compromised as well.

We need young blood, and I would not be surprised if it was an early round pick (Xavier Worthy or Adonai Mitchell with a late first or Brenden Rice with a second; I'm hoping the fucking 69ers don't pop him in the first because I'm convinced he's going to be a great receiver.)

Speaking of receiving positions, it may sound cold, but I wouldn't be surprised if we cut Higbee and drafted a tight end with a high pick (maybe Bowers if he falls or Ja'Tavion Sanders) or traded for a young tight end with a mid-round pick (Kyle Pitts for a third has been floated by the esteemed Councilor (EDIT: Am I spelling it right? If not, I'm sorry, Jerry; my brain's admittedly a little fuzzy today.), @jrry32 earlier in the year, and I'm sure there are others). He costs a lot against the cap, and he's coming off of an ACL tear at thirty-one.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Robinson's a free agent whom we may or may not re-sign. Atwell and Skowronek are free agents next year, and I doubt we re-sign them. Kupp's production and injuries the last two years are concerning, and Nacua can't shoulder the load alone.

Personally, I'd draft two receivers, and at least one of them would be a high pick.

Agreed and id also add that Puka was on the injury report every week and had injuries in college.

I think WR is subtly one of the bigger needs, especially given what they're asked to do and that three are on the field at almost all times

Memento

Name
Jemma
Agreed and id also add that Puka was on the injury report every week and had injuries in college.

I think WR is subtly one of the bigger needs, especially given what they're asked to do and that three are on the field at almost all times

And what we really need at the wide receiver position is reliable speed (i.e., not tiny like Atwell, and able to catch and run routes precisely). Wouldn't be surprised if Xavier Leggette (South Carolina), Xavier Worthy (Texas) or Brenden Rice (Southern Cal) was our pick; they're burners. Worthy is probably one of, if not the, fastest receivers in this draft, so we may have to pop him early if we want him. Leggette probably won't make it to our pick; he's big and fast, almost like a mini-tight end, but I've been surprised before. And Rice, well...you've heard me rave about him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Kupp, Nacua, Atwell, Robinson, Johnson, and Skow feels good if everyone is healthy.

But we need solid depth and someone that is a stud, IMO… I’d like something premium added at WR... Draft or FA.

It’s an offense driven league. We have the BEST offense minded Head Coach!

LOAD UP BABY!

What do you think?
I would like to see the Rams draft a dominant deep threat. Someone who can fight for the ball and stretch the field, who has enough size that he isn’t easily pushed around.

WestCoastRam

Legend
And what we really need at the wide receiver position is reliable speed (i.e., not tiny like Atwell, and able to catch and run routes precisely). Wouldn't be surprised if Xavier Leggette (South Carolina), Xavier Worthy (Texas) or Brenden Rice (Southern Cal) was our pick; they're burners. Worthy is probably one of, if not the, fastest receivers in this draft, so we may have to pop him early if we want him. Leggette probably won't make it to our pick; he's big and fast, almost like a mini-tight end, but I've been surprised before. And Rice, well...you've heard me rave about him.
I'd sacrifice some speed for someone who can reliably play the X position play in and play out. But ideally, a good size X that can really run would be amazing.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
There is only one football to go around. Mid round sure. If he is the right guy.
BPA is usually the best way to go. Just get good hard nosed football players.
Myself, I would like to see high picks on O linemen, D linemen, CB and LB help.