We got to add at WR, right?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Let's see.
A first round pick.
McVay loves offensive weapons.
We're down to Kupp, Puka and Tutu.
Sure let's take the CB!
I'd bet just about any amount, one of the first two picks will be WR.

Tano

Legend
Let's see.
A first round pick.
McVay loves offensive weapons.
We're down to Kupp, Puka and Tutu.
Sure let's take the CB!
I'd bet just about any amount, one of the first two picks will be WR.
Depends on if they resign Robinson AND sign a FA WR.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
After the Jefferson and Atwell picks which I did not see coming at the time they were made, I could see McVay wanting a WR in either the first or second round.

With real needs (my opinion) in the D-Backfield, at Edge and on the O-Line; and given where the Rams are drafting ... I am hopeful the first round selection is at one of those positions.

I would probably prefer (at this time but it's so fucking early in the process) that the second round pick also be used on one of those three positions. However, I could see the Rams going WR (Snead and McVay continue to refuse to take my calls).

A player that I was luke-warm on but have really come to like is Roman Wilson of Michigan. Seems to have a skill-set that would both fit what McVay likes in WRs, and be a real compliment to Kupp and Nacua.

One final point ... I am NEVER right about this stuff.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't rule out any possibilities personally. That said qb k and p I'd be shocked to see. But we don't known their board or their plan.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First time in years that I am excited about the draft.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Depends on if they resign Robinson AND sign a FA WR.
Depends on a lot of things. How about if they sign Robinson and there's a kid they really like? McVay likes weapons/toys. Kupp is great, love the guy but he's missed A LOT of time his 7 years with the team (21 games the last 6 years). And he ain't getting any younger. Puka plays a style that invites injury.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
First time in years that I am excited about the draft.
I'm always excited but this is different. A first round pick. What would be even better is if they actually used it. The thing about a first round pick is it's still a 4 year contract BUT that option for the 5th. 5 years of control.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
After the Jefferson and Atwell picks which I did not see coming at the time they were made, I could see McVay wanting a WR in either the first or second round.

With real needs (my opinion) in the D-Backfield, at Edge and on the O-Line; and given where the Rams are drafting ... I am hopeful the first round selection is at one of those positions.

I would probably prefer (at this time but it's so fucking early in the process) that the second round pick also be used on one of those three positions. However, I could see the Rams going WR (Snead and McVay continue to refuse to take my calls).

A player that I was luke-warm on but have really come to like is Roman Wilson of Michigan. Seems to have a skill-set that would both fit what McVay likes in WRs, and be a real compliment to Kupp and Nacua.

One final point ... I am NEVER right about this stuff.
I'm in the same boat. Starting to really like him as a prospect, especially if he can be had in the 3rd (which I don't believe).

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Rams have some good weapons, but you can never have enough depth or playmakers. Kupp is great/elite when healthy, but his age and recent injury history have a lot of people (me included) wondering if he is in rapid decline. The 2024 season will tell the tale of Kupp but at his current trajectory how many good years does he have left anyway. Having other playmakers like Nacua can possibly extend Kupp's career by reducing some of the wear and tear. Atwell and Skrow are in the final year of their contracts, so their futures are uncertain. With Robinson being a FA, I think the Rams will take a wait and see approach with him to see if he survives the first wave of free agency (I think Atlanta will make a play for Robinson). If the Rams go through the draft and come up empty or light at WR, I could see them bringing back Robinson (if still available), Boyd, or another FA like them to fill out he WR room. Last year the Rams proved that bargains can be found in the second/third tier of free agency. I expect them to employ that strategy again this year but the problem with that strategy is those fill-in players are usually just one-year rentals.

So YES they should take WR in the draft with an eye for the future but maybe not too early (Rd 1 & 2) unless the value is just too good. No need to force that pick like I think they did with Atwel and Jefferson. Need to focus again on high character guys that really love the game. I think that was the secret sauce to last year’s draft. No more drafting height weight speed guys only looking for a payday that have no passion.

dang

Legend
I just hope McVay doesn’t make the same mistake and draft another Too Small Tutu. Or a body catching type like Van.
Jefferson was a miss. I still feel Tutu is a weapon worth keeping. The TD against the Lions was eye opening. But I’m an eternal optimist and Rams homer.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Brenden Rice would be a nice add. Watching the Niner fan meltdown would be even more glorious.
Round two type and strong Senior Bowl week. He certainly checks some Les Snead boxes and fits a needed role for us.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I'm going to go with Jalen McMillan, Washington, with the 3rd Round Comp. pick (No. 100 or 101).

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Darnell Mooney of the Bears could be an interesting free agent option at WR. Coming-off two very average seasons, he may come at a reasonable price; and seems like a good fit.

Like some of the WR prospects in the Draft but not sure what will be available after picks #19 and #52; and would like those top-two draft choices to be allocated to two of three positions ... CB, Edge, OL.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm going to go with Jalen McMillan, Washington, with the 3rd Round Comp. pick (No. 100 or 101).
I'd really like that pick. He's only likely available that late due to injuries last year. He was on a much higher projection prior to that. Good size/speed combo

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Darnell Mooney of the Bears could be an interesting free agent option at WR. Coming-off two very average seasons, he may come at a reasonable price; and seems like a good fit.

Like some of the WR prospects in the Draft but not sure what will be available after picks #19 and #52; and would like those top-two draft choices to be allocated to two of three positions ... CB, Edge, OL.
Sounds like a Jeff Fisher era FA move.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Sounds like a Jeff Fisher era FA move.
Them be Fightin-words!

1707503616706.png

Seriously though, the Rams only have two picks in the top-80; and cap space can disappear very quickly.
They will need to add some talent through Wise, Calculated, Economical moves ... like Demrrcus Robinson and Ahkello Witherspoon.