We got to add at WR, right?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I keep leaning towards Malachi Corley and Brendan Rice. It'd take a 2nd and a 5th I'm afraid. The only way I think the Rams would do it is with a trade down from 19 and use the extra pick you would probably gain.
I really wonder where Rice is going.
Brugler has him at 97 overall.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
KC is in the Superbowl with a QB, TE and good oline for their offense.

Let’s make our oline, dline and secondary wicked mean.
The W’s will pile up.
I say we beef up our Oline in the 1st round. You can never go wrong picking up a stud for that group.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I keep leaning towards Malachi Corley and Brendan Rice. It'd take a 2nd and a 5th I'm afraid. The only way I think the Rams would do it is with a trade down from 19 and use the extra pick you would probably gain.

I really wonder where Rice is going.
Brugler has him at 97 overall.
If both Corley & Rice are there for our 3rd or possibly 4th ( a bit optimistic ) which one do you take?
I love Corley's upside his YAC is perfect for us his blocking and hands could get better. Rice seems like a low risk guy that would have had huge numbers if it weren't for a loaded SC receiver room

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I might change my mind from Oline to get an absolute stud at TE. We have never had a difference maker at that position...and don't give me Billy Truax or Roland Williams in response!:sunglasses:

Memphis Ram

Legend
TuTu really needs to be entrenched as the 3rd WR on the team or also be a contributor on special teams.
At least that would be best for the roster anyway.

dang

Legend
I say we beef up our Oline in the 1st round. You can never go wrong picking up a stud for that group.
I agree but what about a little trade down from R1.19 for an early 2nd and an early 3rd. Then with early 2nd pick up someone like OC Powers-Johnson or OT Tyler Guyton. Then use that early 3rd on another defensive player. We need a lot of help on defense.

oldnotdead

Legend
I would be surprised if they didn't re-sign Robinson for 3 years. He has established trust with Stafford and if this is indeed Matt's final season then I don't see them wanting him to have to establish WR trust with a new player. I see Atwell as trade bait when they make move up draft offers.

I also think that the days of the fast small WRs is over in this revised offense. As I listed in another post I see the Rams looking for WRs with these traits:

6' + tall

Proven ability to make contested catches (hand size matters)

Runs precision routes

Timed speed 4.5 minimum though route running is more important and 4.6 would be acceptable for a player with good length and a route running technician.

Yeah I could be wrong about this. But I see the rise of Demarcus Robinson over Atwell as an indicator. Robinson doesn't have Atwell's speed but he runs better routes than Atwell. Allen Robinson had the traits with the exception of his route running. McVay's offense is tough on a WR as they must make sight adjustments in the same way as Stafford sees and expects. Once Demarcus earned Stafford's trust that they see the DBs the same that is when he started to get passes thrown to him.

That is the thing that Kupp helped Puka with. Nacua began to run his routes the way Kupp runs his and it gained Stafford's immediate trust. It's why when Cooper does retire, I hope the Rams keep him as a WR coach.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
And what we really need at the wide receiver position is reliable speed (i.e., not tiny like Atwell, and able to catch and run routes precisely). Wouldn't be surprised if Xavier Leggette (South Carolina), Xavier Worthy (Texas) or Brenden Rice (Southern Cal) was our pick; they're burners. Worthy is probably one of, if not the, fastest receivers in this draft, so we may have to pop him early if we want him. Leggette probably won't make it to our pick; he's big and fast, almost like a mini-tight end, but I've been surprised before. And Rice, well...you've heard me rave about him.

When I did the PFF mock draft, I couldn’t not take Xavier Leggette… too big, fast and high pointer to not take him. I was really looking at edge, but they went early and often. I took Quinyon Mitchell in the first.

I think we have a shot at someone special at DB in the draft which is all the more reason to go hard after an edge in FA.

I don’t think Latu makes it to us and I like the quality for us at 19 is better at DB than Edge.

But yeah. I kept seeing one of the stud WRs falling to us in the 2nd

They said, I’ve seen speculation that because Chris Shula is a LB guy that he’s gonna push for a running mate for Earnest Jones. And I’d be great with that. Every 3-4 that’s kicking ass in todays game is really running a hybrid 4-2-5 and we’ve seen it with the 9ers, Bucs, Ravens… that internal pair of LBs makes things so much tougher on the offense

dang

Legend
When I did the PFF mock draft, I couldn’t not take Xavier Leggette… too big, fast and high pointer to not take him. I was really looking at edge, but they went early and often. I took Quinyon Mitchell in the first.

I think we have a shot at someone special at DB in the draft which is all the more reason to go hard after an edge in FA.

I don’t think Latu makes it to us and I like the quality for us at 19 is better at DB than Edge.

But yeah. I kept seeing one of the stud WRs falling to us in the 2nd

They said, I’ve seen speculation that because Chris Shula is a LB guy that he’s gonna push for a running mate for Earnest Jones. And I’d be great with that. Every 3-4 that’s kicking ass in todays game is really running a hybrid 4-2-5 and we’ve seen it with the 9ers, Bucs, Ravens… that internal pair of LBs makes things so much tougher on the offense
Rams gotta upgrade from Rozeboom at ILB. I’m seeing some decent prospects with the R5.161 picks.

oldnotdead

Legend
Taking a ILB in the draft is entirely possible. But Hoecht started as a 3T in rotation behind Donald, and Desjuan Johnson should also be looked at as a possible candidate to transition to ILB. He lacks the speed to play OLB in the NFL but he has shown good ability to locate the ball and to shed blockers. Both things make him a good possible ILB, especially on early downs. Rozeboom is basically used as an in the box SS or coverage LB. The Rams could use more "beef" at ILB. Old school ILB were bigger which allowed them to bring the "beef" in shutting A and B gap doors. I like Jones but he's light when needing to stop the run which is why he needs to intentionally play with more force to counter RB momentum. Having a bigger body beside him wouldn't be a bad thing. I could see Hoecht in that role as he played well at 3T.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If both Corley & Rice are there for our 3rd or possibly 4th ( a bit optimistic ) which one do you take?
I love Corley's upside his YAC is perfect for us his blocking and hands could get better. Rice seems like a low risk guy that would have had huge numbers if it weren't for a loaded SC receiver room
If Rice really runs a sub 4.4, I’d go with him.
Corley is interesting, but Rice could provide a consistent downfield threat.. helping open up the underneath stuff.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Think Robinson is gone as some team will overpay him so yes WR will need to be filled.
Why do you think that? He's been signing 1 year deals at close to league minimum for several years now. His '23 numbers were on his career low side & he's hitting his age 30 season. I cant see why the Rams cant bring him back for around 1.5 mill per. Well worth it IMO, and they can still draft a WR

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
The more I read this thread, the more I’m being convinced McSnead will go with a bigger deep threat WR with one of the earlier day 2 picks. Originally I thought it would be a TE instead. But unlike last year, there isn’t really much of any potential immediate impact TEs in this draft early day 2. So going with a cheap vet TE off waivers or FA as depth while Higbee recovers seems more likely. McVay then gets his true big body deep threat to compliment Kupp/Puka.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Why do you think that? He's been signing 1 year deals at close to league minimum for several years now. His '23 numbers were on his career low side & he's hitting his age 30 season. I cant see why the Rams cant bring him back for around 1.5 mill per. Well worth it IMO, and they can still draft a WR
I just have a feeling some team will see how clutch he was for us and overpay. I could be wrong but that's what I'm guessing. His career lows can be attributed to him not getting play early on in the year but he balled out when given the opportunity. I know the Rams weren't the only team to notice that. If he doesn't get a nice bump in pay, I'm all for bringing him back if he doesn't break the bank. I still like Boyd or Mooney as an option too.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just have a feeling some team will see how clutch he was for us and overpay. I could be wrong but that's what I'm guessing. His career lows can be attributed to him not getting play early on in the year but he balled out when given the opportunity. I know the Rams weren't the only team to notice that. If he doesn't get a nice bump in pay, I'm all for bringing him back if he doesn't break the bank. I still like Boyd or Mooney as an option too.
Boyd made 8 mill last season, he'll make considerably more than Robinson will.
Demarcus had a couple big catches, but surely nothing that would have him earn WR1 or 2 $$.
2-3 mill per, tops
I'd love to get Mooney as well, in the right offense he could take the lid off

Last edited:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Boyd made 8 mill last season, he'll make considerably more than Robinson will.
Demarcus had a couple big catches, but surely nothing that would have him earn WR1 or 2 $$.
2-3 mill per, tops
I'd love to get Mooney as well, in the right offense he could take the lid off
True but we also don't know what opportunities Robinson will get and if he'll look to sign elsewhere based on his preferences. Not saying we'll splurge on Boyd but he'd be a hell of an add. Mooney I definitely agree about.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
True but we also don't know what opportunities Robinson will get and if he'll look to sign elsewhere based on his preferences. Not saying we'll splurge on Boyd but he'd be a hell of an add. Mooney I definitely agree about.

Well - IMO D. Robinson is a nobrainer signing.He gives Matthew Stafford another big target.He knows the offense well,appreciates being a Ram & his value is priceless when adding it all together.
—Ben Sko is in his final season & Johnson showed in the Niner game that he is a good player to have on the roster.