We got to add at WR, right?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For those of you who would prefer a high upside, low investment pick, check out Ainias Smith. If not for the injuries I think his name would be much louder. I'd love to add him in the 5th or so.

Edit: Malachi Corley would be really fun in this offense too. I think he's the chess piece that we want a tight end to be for Mcvay.

Last edited:

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
i could see us moving on form Tutu.... maybe bringing Robinson back at a reasonable price... We could upgrade from Trammell..... Xavier Smith was on our practice squad all season, and has more upside than Trammell as both a WR and a return man..... So yeah, I could see us drafting a WR, and maybe looking at free agency for a guy that would be an upgrade over Robinson.

Name
Richard Levy
Maybe if the Rams include a 4th rounder with Tutu, they could get a 5th back.
I don't understand why everyone seems to want to basically give Tutu away for nothing.

It's almost like no one can get past him being our highest draft pick in his draft year.

He is super fast, has great hands and hs been a playmaker when given the opportunity.

Tutu has been way better than Benny Skro, who has done little to impact the offence.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I don't understand why everyone seems to want to basically give Tutu away for nothing.

It's almost like few can get past him being our highest draft pick in his draft year.
Fixed that one for you and it's a great point.
He is super fast, has great hands and has been a playmaker when given the opportunity.

Tutu has been way better than Benny Skro, who has done little to impact the offence.
'When given the opportunity' is the key phrase. But his hands are strong. Snatches the ball out of the air. His biggest problem in this offense is he's not big enough to block and that may play into it.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
i could see us moving on form Tutu.... maybe bringing Robinson back at a reasonable price... We could upgrade from Trammell..... Xavier Smith was on our practice squad all season, and has more upside than Trammell as both a WR and a return man..... So yeah, I could see us drafting a WR, and maybe looking at free agency for a guy that would be an upgrade over Robinson.
Yeah, I think they trade Atwell. Probably during the draft, if they want to move up a round for a guy they like. Especially if they grab a WR early.

So move Atwell and one of their late comp 6th's, for an early 5th, if their lucky maybe a 4th. This is the highest value that Atwell has had since he was drafted, so move him.

I like the kid, but he doesn't seem to fit the mold Stafford likes, a big catch radius type guy who can go get a 50/50 ball, and he is just not a red zone threat, and they need more help there.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I thought Hunter could not be tagged.

If so, that is sloppy reporting by Schefter.
I thought he could be tagged but it would be very expensive. Think he was tagged last year and if tagged this year he gets top Edge money? Not sure how it works but you can tag someone 2 years in a row, but it get much more cost prohibitive.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah I have no idea who can tag who. Fortunately we will see soon, though generally top edges get tagged and traded.

I don't like the use of the tag in that way personally. Would prefer a tag to come with the team having to retain the player.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I thought he could be tagged but it would be very expensive. Think he was tagged last year and if tagged this year he gets top Edge money? Not sure how it works but you can tag someone 2 years in a row, but it get much more cost prohibitive.
Can definitely tag a player two years in-a-row; and it's expensive but thought Hunter had a contract provision.

Did some research and found this on ESPN:
"The Vikings' two most obvious candidates are both ineligible for a tag. Quarterback Kirk Cousins' contract doesn't void until March 13, which is (intentionally) after the deadline. Meanwhile, the Vikings agreed to a no-tag clause to coax outside linebacker Danielle Hunter back to training camp last summer after a short absence. In both cases, the Vikings would need to get a traditional contract done before March 14 in order to prevent an entrance into the free agent market."

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok then, sloppy reporting by Schefty!

WestCoastRam

Legend
To trade Tutu is to find a trade partner. During a historic WR draft class.

Let's just keep him as a decent 4th receiver on the cheap with speed upside and draft a rookie who can hopefully take the X spot right away but if they take time, Tutu can buffer that.

If we can't get that rookie, bring Robinson back on a low cost contract if he's still available and we've got a decent WR room.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It's almost like no one can get past him being our highest draft pick in his draft year.

He is super fast, has great hands and hs been a playmaker when given the opportunity.

Because he’s a complete non factor.
He got the snaps but didn’t get the targets. Why? Because he doesn’t get open.
With Puka and Kupp drawing so much attention he should have blown up. Instead he lost his snaps to Robinson.
Not sure why Skowroneck was brought up? He’s on the team for his special teams prowess, nothing more, nothing less. He’s not taking any snaps away from any WR

JBRam77

UDFA
Fixed that one for you and it's a great point.

'When given the opportunity' is the key phrase. But his hands are strong. Snatches the ball out of the air. His biggest problem in this offense is he's not big enough to block and that may play into it.
I like Tutu as our big play deep guy like Brandin Cooks was. He needs to continue to add some muscle/bulk but his speed and hands are excellent. He’s a perfect compliment to Puka and Kupp who do all the intermediate stuff. Robinson is a keeper too if the price is right. WR is the least of our worries. If Kupp again gets injured or is not himself again then next year invest in a WR. We need a better RB2 and C as far as offense is concerned (as long as we can resign Dotson and Allen steps up as a TE1). Rest of the draft is all Defense

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
To trade Tutu is to find a trade partner. During a historic WR draft class.

Let's just keep him as a decent 4th receiver on the cheap with speed upside and draft a rookie who can hopefully take the X spot right away but if they take time, Tutu can buffer that.

If we can't get that rookie, bring Robinson back on a low cost contract if he's still available and we've got a decent WR room.
I’d rather do both, keep DR and draft us a mid round diamond because they’ll be some pretty good WRs left in the 3rd , 4th, maybe 5th rounds.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel like Tutu has improved every year. I'm hopeful he can be utilized more as that deep threat this year. When Kupp was out early in the season, he was doing some damage. Given the opportunity he has produced. I'm keeping him this season for sure.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'd have to go back and watch the games again to double check this but I think part of the problem with Tutu was that he was doing pretty well from the F spot but once Kupp came back, he was forced to play on the line more and that became a problem.

His size will just always be an issue and as long as Kupp is with us, he'll be manning the F.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Yeah, I think they trade Atwell. Probably during the draft, if they want to move up a round for a guy they like. Especially if they grab a WR early.

So move Atwell and one of their late comp 6th's, for an early 5th, if their lucky maybe a 4th. This is the highest value that Atwell has had since he was drafted, so move him.

I like the kid, but he doesn't seem to fit the mold Stafford likes, a big catch radius type guy who can go get a 50/50 ball, and he is just not a red zone threat, and they need more help there.
Not sure we'll be able to trade him, but I could see us releasing him. I'm glad Tutu was able to contribute, and show his value... but honestly I could see us releasing him. Tutu can stretch the field but if a guy that size can't return kicks, than he's costing you a roster spot.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Not sure we'll be able to trade him, but I could see us releasing him. I'm glad Tutu was able to contribute, and show his value... but honestly I could see us releasing him. Tutu can stretch the field but if a guy that size can't return kicks, than he's costing you a roster spot.
I could see a team lacking weapons swapping a 5th for a 6th and Atwell.