Waiting for Jared Goff thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its hard to see a scenario where Goff gets in there now. Fisher gonna ride this Keenum horse as far as it takes us
If Gurley can come close to last years production, this offense could be quite good

Athos

Legend
Told ya Goff wouldn't start at all this season.

With Keenum's "just enough" effort, which is still a paltry 15pts/game, you'll never see Jared.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I honestly don't understand why there's *any* angst over a good QB performance during a win.
But then again, people did the same to Bradford, so maybe there really are agendas.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Honestly, Kennums play today was mediocre. If we have 5 TOs, we should have more than 17 pts. We only scored because Quick broke a tackle on a short route and Austin had a great return that put us in great position.

To be a playoff caliber team, we cannot miss open receivers. He cannot hit an out route to save his life, nor look past his first read. There were drives left on the table because he threw it short or just missed the guy.
Those few scrambles were awesome but he shouldn't keep the job because of that.

I'm not trying to undermine his performance, but he did just enough to get it done. I don't recall one throw he made where I was like, "damn, that's a good throw". If he's only game managing, Goff should play because I'm sure he can at least do that, just saying.

I think many posters were hoping to see Goff start the Bills game, at least based on posts over the last few weeks, but that does seem implausible now with Keenum's game managing win streak. We do know that should Keenum go down, Goff is now the next man up, and there is a good chance when that day occurs (should it occur), he will probably be in for good. Its been suggested that Goff would also benefit from a full weeks practice with the 1's before he gets the nod for starting, if this is how it goes down, it may not be likely we see him until after the BYE, unless Keenum is injured. The Bills are our only home game until we see the Panthers after the BYE, being that the scheduled home game with the Giants will actually be played in London.
I don't know how long Keenum's luck will hold out, but as much as I would like to believe he wins up to and thru the Super Bowl, still seems likely to me we'll be seeing Goff start sooner than later, perhaps when Miami comes visiting, but i'm not going to bet on it. This season has been too full of surprises already.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Told ya Goff wouldn't start at all this season.

With Keenum's "just enough" effort, which is still a paltry 15pts/game, you'll never see Jared.
My crystal ball respectfully disagrees. Fisher didn't trade up to keep starting Keenum all year. He will however be patient and pick his spot for Goff.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You were wrong. Keenum IS good enough. Goff may be better, but we have no reason to believe that? Or don't wins matter anymore?

3-1, tie breaker, leader of NFCW.

Good enough? For?

EasyE

Starter
Rams are 3-1... doesn't that mean Fisher has been right about Case and the qb position?

Athos

Legend
My crystal ball respectfully disagrees. Fisher didn't trade up to keep starting Keenum all year. He will however be patient and pick his spot for Goff.

I'll wager a 1000 creds that Goff won't see the field as a starter unless Keenum gets rekked or dies. Won't happen.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I wanted to see Goff push Keenum for the starting job but Keenum is winning and has improved every week. Gurley needs to get going. Once he does more plays will open up for this offense.

Last edited:

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
This team kind of reminds me of a less talented version of 2012 49ers (not saying the rams are going to make the superbowl). Alex Smith was doing just enough to win, was pretty mobile, and their defense was great, however no one thought Smith could do enough to take Whiners all the way. Luckliy for them the Rams knocked him out and young talented Kapernick waiting in the wings got to play after sitting behind smith and learning all season (also played in the spread in college). Kapernick came in late in the season and added a different flavor tho offense and it really put the 9ers over the top. I think Goff has the talent to take us over the top as well and add a new dimension whenever that time comes, but right now like the 9ers in2012 I don't think we need to rush it because Keenum is doing enough.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I wanted to see Goff push Keenum for ththe starting job but Keenum is winning and has improved every week. Gurley needs to get going. Once he does more plays will open up for this offense.

And that right there is even more impressive for Case. Run game isn't doing shit. Even Todd's 2 TD vs. Tampa were reall difficult to get. Constant stacked boxes.

Todd isn't right.

So offensively it's on Case and Friends.

Now Brian Quick and Kenny Britt are making huge plays. With Tavon dabbed in now and then.

They are suddenly scoring.

Defense is playing well (for the most part, wish they would stop giving up chunks of yards).

Rams are 3-1.

BE FREAKIN HAPPY!

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Simple...because I think it sends the wrong message to the team. You play well and win games = benched. I know you've been pounding the table for Goff Jerry and I'm not against you, I just think we should be patient while we have the luxury of a winning team. Keenum made some outstanding plays today and is looking better each week. I'm not ready to hit the reset button on the rapport/chemisty that's building.

@CanRamFan :rolllaugh:You know, nothing good happens in da WACK... Gotta cross over the #1 to Sardis LMAO :hiding:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That's reactionary, though. You play Goff because he's your best option, not because Keenum is hurting the team. If Goff makes this team better, he should be on the field as soon as he's ready. No reason to refuse to do it until it costs us games.

This is how I feel too. But, with the staff's failure to get Goff ready, and Fisher's lack of trust in rookies, I doubt it happens without an injury to Case. If they ever want to get Gurley going they will need more of a threat at QB and WR imo.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
Goff must be ready to play if he's been the #2 the last three weeks, that's a big gamble if he's not ready. So they should just let him get his feet wet, give him a series or two at home against the Bills and see how he handles it. And then go from there.

RamWoodie

Legend
This is how I feel too. But, with the staff's failure to get Goff ready, and Fisher's lack of trust in rookies, I doubt it happens without an injury to Case. If they ever want to get Gurley going they will need more of a threat at QB and WR imo.
Why is it "the staff's failure to get Goff ready"? In fact why is it anyone's fault? Why isn't it the simple fact that has come to light that the "spread offense" so many colleges are using hinders these QBs when making the move to the NFL???

Then again...how is it we forget so soon Fisher's BLUNDER with Foles? This is where I am with it...after Foles...it's now Goff.

My greatest hope for Goff is that he's not a repeat of Foles...WHEN HE'S READY!!!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Personally, I think Keenum is doing a great job for the Rams, there were some pretty throws today, some which were caught, others which weren't, but thats the game for you. I'm sure if the huge pass to Tavon was caught (I still think he had it in control) or the pass to Quick was caught he'd be knocking on 400yrds which would be awesome. Couple that with the fact that we're playing with a zero run game at the moment, and our D isn't fully firing all cylinders (yet) he's doing a sound job. I love big scoring games, but I love winning more :)

I though Case, yeh that's right first name terms now, kept a level head in that 4th quarter - I know the winning TD was only a 4yard pass, but I thought it was beautifully placed away from the Cards #41 (Cooper?) - also a lovely catch (props to Quick - who I have to admit had a stormer)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
To be fair, the receivers did come through today to some degree. The Austin and Quick balls were catchable, but they were very difficult catches to make. Frankly, Keenum's throw to Austin was great. So he takes no blame there. It's just a 50/50 play. You win some, you lose some. But Quick did come up with contested catches on both TDs, Gurley made a one-handed catch on the wheel route and another great grab to convert that 3rd down, and Britt made at least one tough catch in coverage to convert a first down.

I dunno jrry that second TD wasn't a 50-50 ball/contested catch that was a perfectly placed throw.

The best throw possible for that situation, it was a strike.