Waiting for Jared Goff thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I'm just gonna put this out there but I don't give a shit about upside as long as we're winning haha.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Shouldn't it be written? We need to know the rules here. :)
There's no rule that says you shouldn't stick your tongue on an electric fence.
Some things you just oughta know.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Why? If Goff provides better play, that makes us a better team. IMO, it's asinine to wait until the Keenum and the team struggle to play Goff. That's reactionary.

If he's ready, he's ready. If not, let's get him up to speed as soon as we can.

So, what we are doing?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Understood. I was only posting my thoughts following a game. I wasn't trying to start a debate. Regardless, I'm just going to move on. Like you said, not the time or place for a debate.

You were wrong. Keenum IS good enough. Goff may be better, but we have no reason to believe that? Or don't wins matter anymore?

3-1, tie breaker, leader of NFCW.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I really haven't seen an electric fence around here you asshole.. lolol

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Gotta give it to Case. He played the best game HE could possibly play today. No turnovers and made some nice throws. Still his inconsistency is what makes him a backup imo. Also idk why he can seem to make accurate throws to the sideline. The 3rd and 2 throw to Tavon was well off the mark, when Tavon had his man beat. Also Quick was wide open on 3rd and could have gone quite a ways had Keenum hit him in stride, but instead the ball was long and low forcing Quick to make a diving difficult grab

This is exactly it.

I love Keenum. He is a warrior. He always gives his all and wants to win. He's actually pretty mobile which is a huge plus - we saw that on full display today. He definitely has enough ability to win you some games. But he's limited. His lack of accuracy at times his shocking, missing wide open receiver for big gains, and he struggles mightily throwing to the sidelines. He's short - which sometimes causes him difficulty in seeing his receivers. He doesn't intimidate anyone with his arm, so teams will continue to stack to box against Gurley. And he has real problems feeling pressure.

In short, care Keenum is the perfect backup. An NFL quality QB who can win you some games, but not the guy you want to be relying on over the course of an entire season or to lead you through the playoffs to the Super Bowl. I hope he stays with the Rams for a long time, just not as our starter.

Despite the above, the answer on when should Goff should play is the same today as it was when he was drafted - Goff should play when he's ready and gives us an equal if not better shot at victory than Keenum does. If that's now, he needs to start no matter how well Keenum played today. If it isn't, Goff should sit.

Keenum has taken advantage of the stacked boxes *just* enough so far to see us string 3 wins together. But I can't see it continuing forever. Sooner or later, Keenum's limitations are going to cost us Ws.

EDIT - The more wins the Rams can manage without Goff starting, the better. It means we won't feel pressure to start him before he is ready. And, if we can put together a solid record, Fisher will have no incentive to sit on Goff just to keep his job secure (I'm not saying that is happening - but still).

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

Myself.. The way you've been treating me with no respect at all. I'd love to see one of my Carolina Reapers up your colon. I really don't get this board. It's very high school'ish with the cliques.. I'm not in a clique so get slammed. You all can shove it. Just saying. I know many things you dick. I'm a bit older than you so don't be telling me shiite. I am thinking you are an arse hole now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Myself.. The way you've been treating me with no respect at all. I'd love to see one of my Carolina Reapers up your colon. I really don't get this board. It's very high school'ish with the cliques.. I'm not in a clique so get slammed. You all can shove it. Just saying. I know many things you dick. I'm a bit older than you so don't be telling me shiite. I am thinking you are an arse hole now.
You can PM me this stuff, you know.
Plus, dude, I've been playing around and bantering with you just like you have been with me.
Are you mad because I don't like the WHO or something? Take a chill pill, man. Life isn't this serious.

RamWoodie

Legend
This is really ridiculous stuff. Goff showed NOTHING in preseason that said he should start except good arm strength. Other than that he showed how well he was not ready to start.

In fact...I mentioned in the game thread how this whole thing is unfair to Mannion, who out played Goff easily and challenged Keenum. Yet he's been inactive 3 straight weeks now??? He's the victim of the politics here! All he gets to do is sit in the meetings even though he clearly played well in preseason!!!

You "Goff pushers"...please provide the proof that he deserves to start. Those of us who stand with Keenum as the starter are waiting.

Please keep in mind this isn't about bashing Goff...it's about the Rams winning...which their doing with Keenum.

Lastly...do you really think if Goff was really ready Fisher would jeopardize this team's record?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You "Goff pushers"...please provide the proof that he deserves to start. Those of us who stand with Keenum as the starter are waiting.
For me ... and this is just me .... I don't give a shit who the starter is.
That's the guy who I want to win. Whoever's on the bench, he's waiting for me to support him next.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And yes -x- . Feel free to ban me from the board.
I don't have that power, man. I'm just a poster.
If I offended you somehow, then I apologize. I meant you no disrespect.

Can we get along now?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Hey, I am older than both of you....
We won, your both great guys.
Now kiss and make up.
Case played with tremendous guts yet still displayed his shortcomings. No news here.
Go Rams

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
This is really ridiculous stuff. Goff showed NOTHING in preseason that said he should start except good arm strength. Other than that he showed how well he was not ready to start.

In fact...I mentioned in the game thread how this whole thing is unfair to Mannion, who out played Goff easily and challenged Keenum. Yet he's been inactive 3 straight weeks now??? He's the victim of the politics here! All he gets to do is sit in the meetings even though he clearly played well in preseason!!!

Please keep in mind this isn't about bashing Goff...it's about the Rams winning...which their doing with Keenum.

Lastly...do you really think if Goff was really ready Fisher would jeopardize this team's record?

I go Mannion all the way before Goff. He came from a Pro Set offense. We fooked up giving all those picks for Goff.

…..

Legend
In the spirit of election year....Jrry32 decides to avoid the following.....

0316817dc989c0380126905a8a62-do-you-spend-too-much-time-on-your-phone-playing-meaningless-games.jpg

And instead......base his platform on the age old question of whether to Goff or not to Goff.

upload_2016-10-2_23-20-9.jpeg

Yet .....the crowd cheers another victory while the debate rages on needlessly.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
This is exactly it.

I love Keenum. He is a warrior. He always gives his all and wants to win. He's actually pretty mobile which is a huge plus - we saw that on full display today. He definitely has enough ability to win you some games. But he's limited. His lack of accuracy at times his shocking, missing wide open receiver for big gains, and he struggles mightily throwing to the sidelines. He's short - which sometimes causes him difficulty in seeing his receivers. He doesn't intimidate anyone with his arm, so teams will continue to stack to box against Gurley. And he has real problems feeling pressure.

In short, care Keenum is the perfect backup. An NFL quality QB who can win you some games, but not the guy you want to be relying on over the course of an entire season or to lead you through the playoffs to the Super Bowl. I hope he stays with the Rams for a long time, just not as our starter.

Despite the above, the answer on when should Goff should play is the same today as it was when he was drafted - Goff should play when he's ready and gives us an equal if not better shot at victory than Keenum does. If that's now, he needs to start no matter how well Keenum played today. If it isn't, Goff should sit.

Keenum has taken advantage of the stacked boxes *just* enough so far to see us string 3 wins together. But I can't see it continuing forever. Sooner or later, Keenum's limitations are going to cost us Ws.

EDIT - The more wins the Rams can manage without Goff starting, the better. It means we won't feel pressure to start him before he is ready. And, if we can put together a solid record, Fisher will have no incentive to sit on Goff just to keep his job secure (I'm not saying that is happening - but still).

Agree with you. But IMO what is as important right now as the qb is the development of the O as a whole, especially the receivers, the play calling, the pass protection, and (someday) the run blocking. We were a basket casket case on O last year. You don't want a rookie qb trying to pull a downtrodden offense up by its bootstraps-- that's the dismal situation a lot of high pick rookie qbs are thrown into. Instead what you want is a confident offense that can execute on fundamentals. Then you can bring Goff into a coherent situation where things are already working and he can add at least another gear, likely more than one. We are getting there, and right now Keenum is helping us do so.

But we are in a great situation because we are winning games. Now Fisher can and will pick his spot for Goff.

Of course, it is our bad boy, big play, intimidating, increasingly confident, soon to be multiple pro bowl selection defense which is the key. Now imagine this with Goff as well!!

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Just sayin', since Case Keenum was given the starting role last December, the Rams are 6-2 and one of those losses was that OT loss to the Niner's that could have easily been a win. It may not be pretty, but Case is getting the job done, has command of the huddle and his teammates respect him and have his back. Not so sure it would be sending a positive message to the rest of the team to make a change now.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Honestly, Kennums play today was mediocre. If we have 5 TOs, we should have more than 17 pts. We only scored because Quick broke a tackle on a short route and Austin had a great return that put us in great position.

To be a playoff caliber team, we cannot miss open receivers. He cannot hit an out route to save his life, nor look past his first read. There were drives left on the table because he threw it short or just missed the guy.
Those few scrambles were awesome but he shouldn't keep the job because of that.

I'm not trying to undermine his performance, but he did just enough to get it done. I don't recall one throw he made where I was like, "damn, that's a good throw". If he's only game managing, Goff should play because I'm sure he can at least do that, just saying.