Waiting for Jared Goff thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
stats dont tell the full story. Everyone that watched the game saw him make some terrible throws that ruined drives. Whether you're someone that wants Keenum to start or Goff to start, I think everyone can agree their were plays and points left on that field today. Not all were by Keenum, but he had his fair share that left plenty to desire from fans
Well sure. You know what that makes him? A QB in the NFL.
18 of 30, 4 drops (that I remember). So, 8 passes out of 30 that didn't get to their mark?
Sounds about normal for basically every QB in the league.

And for the record, I want Goff to start.
Until he does, Keenum is the man. And he played particularly well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't be pissy.

It's kind of an unwritten rule that you don't debate in either the vent thread or the celebration thread.
You either celebrate or you vent. Been that way for a long time.

Understood. I was only posting my thoughts following a game. I wasn't trying to start a debate. Regardless, I'm just going to move on. Like you said, not the time or place for a debate.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
This is Keenum
The undestructable one
image.jpeg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well sure. You know what that makes him? A QB in the NFL.
18 of 30, 4 drops (that I remember). So, 8 passes out of 30 that didn't get to their mark?
Sounds about normal for basically every QB in the league.

And for the record, I want Goff to start.
Until he does, Keenum is the man. And he played particularly well.

He played well today. He'll always have his warts. But he played like winning was the only option. Hats off to him for that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Understood. I was only posting my thoughts following a game. I wasn't trying to start a debate. Regardless, I'm just going to move on. Like you said, not the time or place for a debate.
You're in the right thread for it now though.
I'd be happy to discuss your thoughts on Goff and Keenum in here.
Let'r rip.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I will bite Jerry...From today, what I saw...Is an improvement. Not so good, but all things wrinkled need to be ironed out. I think with what we got, we need to be alittle more cohesive. Keenum was freakin collosis the ride up n down but he did lead this team to that. I am not a Keenum fan but he did fine. We won.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He played well today. He'll always have his warts. But he played like winning was the only option. Hats off to him for that.
Played like a fuckin' pit bull, man. Don't undersell it. lol.

Like I've said for a while now -- I'd make him the #2 for life. For freaking LIFE.

What he's showing me is that the team is built to survive the loss of a starting QB, and I like it.
I like it a lot.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're in the right thread for it now though.
I'd be happy to discuss your thoughts on Goff and Keenum in here.
Let'r rip.

Not much to say. Keenum played well today. I still think Goff is the best option once he's up to speed. I am hoping he's up to speed a quarter of the way through the season. Maybe he isn't. The OL is playing well in pass pro. The WRs and TEs have shown tremendous progress. If he's ready, it's as good a time as any to play him.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I was on board for Keenum as much as anyone, it's beginning to occur to me his ceiling is an adequate game manager.

It may not be Goffs time exactly now, but clearly I see it drawing more near, or at least I hope so.

Until then, let's see if they can somehow squeeze 6 or 7 more wins, the good news is the offense does appear to be progressing.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Played like a freakin' pit bull, man. Don't undersell it. lol.

Like I've said for a while now -- I'd make him the #2 for life. For freaking LIFE.

What he's showing me is that the team is built to survive the loss of a starting QB, and I like it.
I like it a lot.

My roommate is a Cardinals fan, so I watched the game with him. He can attest to how pissed I was when the refs took away that 27 yard run and long catch and run from Kendricks. Keenum didn't deserve that. He pulled some Houdini shit on those plays.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Winning is a skill. You don't bench Keenum till he starts being the reason we're losing the games. When that time comes, I'll be happy to see what Goff can provide.

That being said, it is painful to watch Goff's lack of accuracy and arm strength at times.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Not much to say. Keenum played well today. I still think Goff is the best option once he's up to speed. I am hoping he's up to speed a quarter of the way through the season. Maybe he isn't. The OL is playing well in pass pro. The WRs and TEs have shown tremendous progress. If he's ready, it's as good a time as any to play him.
Could be, but that Bills defense is no joke.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could be, but that Bills defense is no joke.

It's not weak. But our next home game after that is against the Panthers.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's not weak. But our next home game after that is against the Panthers.
They look kinda mortal right now.
I might want to face the Panthers instead of the Bills if I was Goff.
The bigger concern might be getting the pass defense improved a bit so he doesn't have to play from behind.

Rafael

UDFA
If the QB we have is still winning and putting the team in a position to succeed, then you don't take him out and hope the next guy is ready. You don't need to fix what's not broken.

Ride out Keenum until he gives you reason to bench him. The team is buying into him as a leader at this point. Benching him because you feel obligated to play a draft pick is not the right move.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They look kinda mortal right now.
I might want to face the Panthers instead of the Bills if I was Goff.
The bigger concern might be getting the pass defense improved a bit so he doesn't have to play from behind.

I'd still rather face the Bills. Rob Ryan has a tendency to outsmart himself.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the QB we have is still winning and putting the team in a position to succeed, then you don't take him out and hope the next guy is ready. You don't need to fix what's not broken.

Ride out Keenum until he gives you reason to bench him. The team is buying into him as a leader at this point. Benching him because you feel obligated to play a draft pick is not the right move.

That's reactionary, though. You play Goff because he's your best option, not because Keenum is hurting the team. If Goff makes this team better, he should be on the field as soon as he's ready. No reason to refuse to do it until it costs us games.