Vent thread: Rams v Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KayJay

Starter
Saw this loss happen right in front of us . Hekker punts it 70 yards and they have a false start , then he hit a 30 yarder.
Then Keenum ruins his great day by throwing a duck into triple coverage . Game over
Which he will receive no blame for. Our Teebow has evolved into Tony Romo. He can do no wrong, even when he is clearly doing wrong. Today he had great numbers, tomorrow he probably won't, but we will look back on todays game and say "Don't blame Case". It was a two minute drill, he failed at it like he always does.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Which he will receive no blame for. Our Teebow has evolved into Tony Romo. He can do no wrong, even when he is clearly doing wrong. Today he had great numbers, tomorrow he probably won't, but we will look back on todays game and say "Don't blame Case". It was a two minute drill, he failed at it like he always does.
Who the hell is Teebow?

BTW, everyone has acknowledged that Keenum, despite throwing 3 TDs, having an 84% completion percentage, running in a TD, and throwing for over 300, was at fault for that last pass. If you're waiting for people to *blame him* for the loss, then keep the line moving.

KayJay

Starter
Who the hell is Teebow?

BTW, everyone has acknowledged that Keenum, despite throwing 3 TDs, having an 84% completion percentage, running in a TD, and throwing for over 300, was at fault for that last pass. If you're waiting for people to *blame him* for the loss, then keep the line moving.
Not interested in blaming him for anything, this team has enough problems. Keenum isn't the disease, he's merely a symptom that will be cured after the season. I could care less, in the mean time I'm more interested in how he plays against the Giants.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Lets count the ways the FO blew another off season, resulting in more 7-9 Bullshit:
  • Could not get JJ under contract in the 15' off season. Lost him to F/A.
  • Misfired on Sensabaugh. Defensive backfield is now a weak link on this team.
  • Only one player from the last draft class is contributing, a 6th rd LB.
  • Easly is the only FA signed that is contributing.
  • Misread the QB talent in the draft. Doesnt look like we'll see Goff unless the losses pile up or Kenum gets hurt. Meanwhile, Wentz and Prescott are winning games and learning the NFL. This has the potential to set the team back for years if Goff doesnt pan out.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
This cat is wayyyy overrated. Look what Rod Marinelli is doing in Dallas with half the personnel. I realize he is dealing with some injuries, but this unit should be borderline elite and if anything, the appear to be regressing. D-line is not getting consistent pressure. LB play has been spotty (Yesterday Barron and Tree were out of position or got "juked" by some unknown 3rd string RB), the DB play has been atrocious, even before Tru went out.

Nobody should be upset when Fish is not retained, nor should they say "But we'll lose Williams". He's just another one living on a reputation these days.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
I really wish people would stop acting like Goff is a bust...he hasn't had a single regular season snap. The kid is only 22, and ran a spread offense in college. There is a big learning curve and if anyone payed attention to the draft you would know that Goff is far from stupid. He has incredible arm talent. I think Fisher and CO are doing the right thing. Give him a year to mature in the system and to put on some weight and let's see him start next year. Other than all that, yes, the front office is mis-managing this team. Fisher needs canned .

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Hmmmm, these posts always come after losses.....surprising and though factually close to accurate really explains EI.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
I would not call Goff a bust. My point is the FO may have mismanaged the opportunity and wasted the comodity they cherish most-draft capital. He needs to become a "Special" player for what this regime has invested in him. He very well may be, but Prescott is looking special now and Wentz certainly looks more than capable of being a special player.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
So, more than 60% of the time over the last 5 years after a Fisher game...can you feel the frustration of 12 years of losing??

Hmmmm, these posts always come after losses.....surprising and though factually close to accurate really explains EI.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not interested in blaming him for anything, this team has enough problems. Keenum isn't the disease, he's merely a symptom that will be cured after the season. I could care less, in the mean time I'm more interested in how he plays against the Giants.
That wasn't your point. You said people were going to give Keenum a pass on that interception, and I said they won't. Keenum is every bit as responsible for that interception as he is for the other 28 points he put on the board.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh hey another post about someone on the rams sucks...jhow conducive of discussion! Seriously do you not understand the concept of the vent thread?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I would not call Goff a bust. My point is the FO may have mismanaged the opportunity and wasted the comodity they cherish most-draft capital. He needs to become a "Special" player for what this regime has invested in him. He very well may be, but Prescott is looking special now and Wentz certainly looks more than capable of being a special player.

And what does Prescott or Wentz have to do with Goff? You claiming we should have taken one of them? What if we did, and Goff started elsewhere and outplayed them? You'd be singing the same tune. You can't judge a book without reading it. Fact is, he hasn't played yet. So let's fuck off with the comparisons to the other rookies.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That wasn't your point. You said people were going to give Keenum a pass on that interception, and I said they won't. Keenum is every bit as responsible for that interception as he is for the other 28 points he put on the board.
Keenum played lights out yesterday....and like i said the original vent thread ....we can win games with keenum....but he cant win us games ....i agree that int was on him he has to throw it away if no one is open ... but i was happy with the overall production on offense (how could you not be ) ....its typical rams ...cant put a complete game together...its either the D bailing out the O ...or the D killing our O ...

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
And what does Prescott or Wentz have to do with Goff? You claiming we should have taken one of them? What if we did, and Goff started elsewhere and outplayed them? You'd be singing the same tune. You can't judge a book without reading it. Fact is, he hasn't played yet. So let's freak off with the comparisons to the other rookies.
But then why hasn't Goff had a chance to play?

Is Keenum better?
Is he "not ready""?

In both Dallas and Philadelphia the guy is "ready" and deemed good enough. Is Case Keenum better than Tony Romo? Would Prescott and Wentz be riding the pine here? Maybe. Maybe Fisher really feels he's giving Goff the best long term chance to succeed. But I don't see how a year learning behind Keenum is the same as say Rodgers learning for three years behind Favre

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have never been a Williams fan. But, I think Fisher would be a great DC. If I had my choice, I'd take Schwartz.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
But then why hasn't Goff had a chance to play?

Is Keenum better?
Is he "not ready""?

In both Dallas and Philadelphia the guy is "ready" and deemed good enough. Is Case Keenum better than Tony Romo? Would Prescott and Wentz be riding the pine here? Maybe. Maybe Fisher really feels he's giving Goff the best long term chance to succeed. But I don't see how a year learning behind Keenum is the same as say Rodgers learning for three years behind Favre

I didn't say anything about Goff not being ready, or Case being better. I in fact want Goff starting. I'm just tired of all this crap comparing QBs that come from different systems, playing in different offenses, playing for different coaches, and dealing with different scenarios. If we swapped coaches with Philadelphia, do you think Pederson starts Keenum? I sure as fuck don't. There are WAY too many variables to consider in these debates which is why I try and stay away from them. But it's gotten to the point(about four months ago) that it's just absolutely rediculous and I'm finding myself less inclined to visit ROD because pretty much no matter the thread, somehow a Goff-Wentz-Prescott debate makes an appearance.

melvin2345

UDFA
Name
Kevin
How did we lose the last 2 games? This team is back to playing at the competitions level . Why would we be in shootout with the Lions? We slow down Seattle and Arizona and make them play our game but wen we play the Lions we approach with a to5aly different game plan .

To be fair, the Lions have a statistically better offense than both Seattle and Arizona*, with one of the worst defenses in the league. A shootout isn't all that surprising.

* http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff

JerseyRam1

Rookie
NJRams fan, why bury things we may want to chat about a day later in a vent thread with 100's of posts?

Oh hey another post about someone on the rams sucks...jhow conducive of discussion! Seriously do you not understand the concept of the vent thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.