Vent thread: Rams v Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
It would be interesting to see how ' Singletary' " Coaches -Them-UP"
I'm not sure how much direct coaching Singletary is doing, and even if he's very involved it's not a question of coaching for Ogletree and Barron, it's simply experience. Most LBs have played the position for all of college, high school, and maybe even in youth. That lifetime of reps learning how to read serves other LBs well against complicated NFL offenses. For them a lack of experience means those reads aren't automatic, which means they have to think -- and when you think on a football field you sacrifice the most precious weapon -- time. Ogletree and Barron have great athleticism and can recover from wrong reads better than most, but it's a weakness that just has to be solved with reps & experience even with great coaching.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Because chatting about how bad a member of the rams is directly following a loss is the reason the vent thread exists. What discussion is there for this topic?

-Greg williams sucks hes overrated and will be fired soon.

-no he doesn't there's injuries

It's called the "Look At Me" syndrome.
His thoughts are so important that they are beyond the vent thread
In fact he requires a separate thread for each of them.

Everyone-look-at-me.png

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Oh...those other rookies? They are playing because of injuries to the starting QB. I would hate to blow my load early when we don't HAVE to start Goff. Why start a rookie even one snap before you have to? The fan in me wants to see him start because I know Goff can throw the ball 60 yards downfield and we have the size and speed in our receivers to take advantage of that...BUT.. what if you start Goff and he gets hurt because he's a 22 year old kid who hasn't adjusted to the speed of things yet. Then it's Bradford 2.0. the fan in me hates it but my logical side agrees that he needs to ride the bench.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Theo Riddick, Deandre Levy, Ansah, Washington, etc just to name a few of the Lions injuries. They were without a ton of starters and still managed. We have no excuse
I kinda disagree. They didn't manage very well if you look at Keenums stat line. Case tore the Lions D up. Lions outscored us, but wouldn't say their D managed much of anything.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I kinda disagree. They didn't manage very well if you look at Keenums stat line. Case tore the Lions D up. Lions outscored us, but wouldn't say their D managed much of anything.

I meant they managed to still win despite injury. Both defenses were trash.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Some of your front office blows were predictable.

The one you fail to mention that glares most to me is the Tavon Austin signing, and subsequent disappearance.

After Fisher declared that "we have lots of new ways to get Tavon involved" (which seems to be a yearly proclamation) the Rams have found it still very difficult to do just that.

The unexpected emergence of Brian Quick and the increased reliability of Kenny Britt have mitigated the above for now, but I'm watching closely and predict that Tavon Austin and his value will be debated pretty instensly in the not so distant future.

One thing for sure is lining TA at tailback is not an effective use of his talents.Rather see Benny getting more touches in that formation. I am also getting sick of the failed TA bubble screens.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I really wish people would stop acting like Goff is a bust...he hasn't had a single regular season snap. The kid is only 22, and ran a spread offense in college. There is a big learning curve and if anyone payed attention to the draft you would know that Goff is far from stupid. He has incredible arm talent. I think Fisher and CO are doing the right thing. Give him a year to mature in the system and to put on some weight and let's see him start next year. Other than all that, yes, the front office is mis-managing this team. Fisher needs canned .

Well I wish people would stop using age as an excuse...you're of course entitled to your opinion of this coaching staff and HC, I believe the past 4+ year record speaks for itself.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Theo Riddick, Deandre Levy, Ansah, Washington, etc just to name a few of the Lions injuries. They were without a ton of starters and still managed. We have no excuse
True, the difference is that this defense keys off of the defensive line, so injuries to key starters hurt them more than it would have hurt other teams.

Also, people keep forgetting that they really took chances with the defensive depth this year. Long isn't here, but how nice would it be to have him back? Same with Jenkins, and holy smokes did they really expect Gaines to replace Jenkins after being injured last year? That's okay, they planned on making up for that discrepancy with a healthy Quinn right. Oh yeah, a healthy Robert Quinn.

I mean it's okay, I get it, it was a money issue and they took a chance in the other direction, but how's that working out now?

Then there is moving Barron to linebacker, and Ogletree to middle linebacker while letting Laurinaitis go. You really have to look at all of the moving pieces I think, and put it together to understand the gamble they took in an effort to spend more resources on the offense this year.

And I think that as you see this year progress, you'll see the offense become more middle of the road than they've been for a long long time. No two ways about it, this team needs to invest in the defense through the draft again next year.

I just think he's done as well as I could expect give the hand dealt, and in the end I just have confidence he'll still turn it around and find a way to beat offensive coordinators, because that's what he does.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Mods should put his 3 posts to the vent thread. This is some trash tier shitposting.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Rod Miranelli's D just dominated the Packers in Green Bay. Sure, we had guys out, but so does every team. Think Detroit had 3 starters on D out too. They were able to make the stops when needed and neither Detroit nor Dallas has the talent the Rams have on defense. Just pointing out that the 22nd ranked defense isnt "all that". Who's responsible? This D has not been top 10 since Fisher has been here. Is it too much to expect that the defense be the top 1/3 in the league?

We all know this though. It's like beating a dead horse at this point. It's almost like you're trying to make yourself mad.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
One other note on this. I was frustrated and turned off the game so I did not see Williams punk move of trying to blow up the victory formation. I did recently review it and its so classless. I heard one of the Lions O-lineman was hurt on the play. Is that really who we want our defense to be? We can all understand the frustration, but that is not how you earn respect.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Lets count the ways the FO blew another off season, resulting in more 7-9 bullcrap:
  • Could not get JJ under contract in the 15' off season. Lost him to F/A.
  • Misfired on Sensabaugh. Defensive backfield is now a weak link on this team.
  • Only one player from the last draft class is contributing, a 6th rd LB.
  • Easly is the only FA signed that is contributing.
  • Misread the QB talent in the draft. Doesnt look like we'll see Goff unless the losses pile up or Kenum gets hurt. Meanwhile, Wentz and Prescott are winning games and learning the NFL. This has the potential to set the team back for years if Goff doesnt pan out.

So..... are you about 12? Free agency is basically what you get when you put a good team together. Would JJ been able to help? Yeah, he would......but we couldn't afford his price tag. We threw out a number and he threw it back in our face. So we had to move on. What is so hard to figure out. Were you able to do it in Madden, thus the absolute assurance you are right?....real world reality check....... you're clueless.

I got nothing on Sensabaugh. And that we heard little going away kind of screams out on it's own. Was he injured? Did we missed this or something else. Shit happens. Things don't work out.

The draft......you do realize it's there to keep the team populated to fill in those holes that come up now and then......like....Free Agency losses... (not to mention we'll probably get a 3rd next year from Jenkins..... but I'm sure your equation didn't have that many integars..... Keep that statement in mind and realize we've been the youngest or one of the youngest for the last few years. Kind of puts a damper on expecting kids to come right in and help. I mean that Donald guy really sucks and that Gurley guy as well....... I wonder why we couldn't find replacements for them....Oh right.....they don't suck.

Free agency 101. You either take a risk on a big signing.....(we tried and are still walking funny from the Cook signing......) or you try to get mid range value for someone who might come in and help.... (Easly this year, Fairley last.....) Now on the down side of Free agency, we had a couple of guys we needed to let go this year. The money paid out, wasn't along to same productivity need. And unfortunately, we found one replacement. We haven't found the other as of yet....(in my mnd....but that is part of the overall equation you are missing.....).

Let's review this last one. The draft is for the future. We haven't got to the future as of yet. And while I will admit I am in the group that wants to see Goff sink or swim now...... You can't fault what Keenum has brought to the table. And you could even argue he performed better than would be expected out of Goff. Let's review your statement. Wentz has been tearing things up....oh wait. He hasn't. He came back down to earth the last couple of weeks. And one could even say.....Case Keenum is a better QB than him w/ his reformance yesterday @ Detroit vs Wentz's the week before........ Wow.....does that warp your perspective? As for the Chow boys...they have one of the best and deepest O-lines in the game. That's why they are winning....Oh....and that RB that is on pace to break Dickerson's rookie rushing record.....But no.....it's all Dak........(yes, I can envision the opening of David Lee Roth's "I'm just a Gigilo" w/ Dak Prescott doing the "Dave" character........all Dak.....all the time.......)

Take a pill. The season is a race. Not a sprint...but a race. Yes, we aren't exactly where we thought we would be 2 weeks ago.....but think back to preseason......what was everyone predicting our record to be at this point. And that's w/ injuries to key.....not starters....key personnel. We'll get there....it might not be pretty....it might not be the way the media wants us to.....but this is how we are.....if you want glamour....Go hang you hat on the Chow boys....they always could use bandwagon fans........

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Yes, they really managed. Really put the clamps down on perennial All-Pro/future HOF QB Case Keenum, holding him to an unheard of low of 300+ yards and 3 TD's. We should fire Williams now and give their DC a billion dollars to quit the Lions and come to the Rams immediately. Williams has never done anything for this Rams D, and it's as bad as it was when Larry Marmie was the DC.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
maybe.....but typically, we need to look at the drafts of 2011, 2012, 2013, & 2014 to see what's wrong with the team today....

I don't think the offseason of 2015/2016 is shaping this team...just a continuation of what's gone on prior.....

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Net resuts:
2012: 3-3, 2013: 3-3, 2014 2-4, 2015; 3-3, 2016: 3-3. Team is not getting better. You can be a blind loyalist or you can point to reasons why the team isnt progressing. All the reasons I listed in the off season point to no improvement under Fisher. Every season, youngest team, lead league in penalties, QB unsettled, offense stinks (dont kid yourself about yesterday-Rams will be in the deep bottom in O when season is over). I may bring a perspective that not all appreciate, but I can state why I am beyond frustrated with this team. You can be a blind loyalist, but I have seen enough from this current crew thats not getting corrected.

So..... are you about 12? Free agency is basically what you get when you put a good team together. Would JJ been able to help? Yeah, he would......but we couldn't afford his price tag. We threw out a number and he threw it back in our face. So we had to move on. What is so hard to figure out. Were you able to do it in Madden, thus the absolute assurance you are right?....real world reality check....... you're clueless.

I got nothing on Sensabaugh. And that we heard little going away kind of screams out on it's own. Was he injured? Did we missed this or something else. crap happens. Things don't work out.

The draft......you do realize it's there to keep the team populated to fill in those holes that come up now and then......like....Free Agency losses... (not to mention we'll probably get a 3rd next year from Jenkins..... but I'm sure your equation didn't have that many integars..... Keep that statement in mind and realize we've been the youngest or one of the youngest for the last few years. Kind of puts a damper on expecting kids to come right in and help. I mean that Donald guy really sucks and that Gurley guy as well....... I wonder why we couldn't find replacements for them....Oh right.....they don't suck.

Free agency 101. You either take a risk on a big signing.....(we tried and are still walking funny from the Cook signing......) or you try to get mid range value for someone who might come in and help.... (Easly this year, Fairley last.....) Now on the down side of Free agency, we had a couple of guys we needed to let go this year. The money paid out, wasn't along to same productivity need. And unfortunately, we found one replacement. We haven't found the other as of yet....(in my mnd....but that is part of the overall equation you are missing.....).

Let's review this last one. The draft is for the future. We haven't got to the future as of yet. And while I will admit I am in the group that wants to see Goff sink or swim now...... You can't fault what Keenum has brought to the table. And you could even argue he performed better than would be expected out of Goff. Let's review your statement. Wentz has been tearing things up....oh wait. He hasn't. He came back down to earth the last couple of weeks. And one could even say.....Case Keenum is a better QB than him w/ his reformance yesterday @ Detroit vs Wentz's the week before........ Wow.....does that warp your perspective? As for the Chow boys...they have one of the best and deepest O-lines in the game. That's why they are winning....Oh....and that RB that is on pace to break Dickerson's rookie rushing record.....But no.....it's all Dak........(yes, I can envision the opening of David Lee Roth's "I'm just a Gigilo" w/ Dak Prescott doing the "Dave" character........all Dak.....all the time.......)

Take a pill. The season is a race. Not a sprint...but a race. Yes, we aren't exactly where we thought we would be 2 weeks ago.....but think back to preseason......what was everyone predicting our record to be at this point. And that's w/ injuries to key.....not starters....key personnel. We'll get there....it might not be pretty....it might not be the way the media wants us to.....but this is how we are.....if you want glamour....Go hang you hat on the Chow boys....they always could use bandwagon fans........

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Unless next man up is just talk....we looked outclassed & out-coached....Not a fan of bend but dont break...definitely think a FS 20 yards downfield is like playing 10 on 11....unless you break a big one like Shady kept doing...playing off coverage with the corners is asking for a long game too....GW....welp, he's going into my Fisher pile of Rams frustrating people to watch....

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Oh...those other rookies? They are playing because of injuries to the starting QB. I would hate to blow my load early when we don't HAVE to start Goff. Why start a rookie even one snap before you have to? The fan in me wants to see him start because I know Goff can throw the ball 60 yards downfield and we have the size and speed in our receivers to take advantage of that...BUT.. what if you start Goff and he gets hurt because he's a 22 year old kid who hasn't adjusted to the speed of things yet. Then it's Bradford 2.0. the fan in me hates it but my logical side agrees that he needs to ride the bench.
I absolutely hate this logic. We drafted a RB coming off a torn ACL and he's been healthy the entire time he's been with us. The injury rate in the NFL is 100%. If he's just a kid who isn't adjusted to the NFL speed yet then he didn't deserve to be drafted #1 overall. It's football, not rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.