Vent thread: Rams v Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I'm still on the canvas and I have nothing bad to say about Keenum or Fisher today. The Lions won the game fair and square and I make no excuses for this loss.

I do not know how anyone can expect a win in London vs NYG.... I'm sure some will express reasons they can win but like at Detroit our secondary doesn't match up with NYG. Unless we manufacture 5 sacks and that team comes out really flat.. I just do not see it happening... 3-4 is looming :icare:

I'm knocked out and preparing for the usual 7-9 maybe 8-8 finish.

razor-ruddock.jpg

8-8?
That kinda thinking belongs in the Anti-Vent thread

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't see why they didn't fake the hand off and have keenum roll out as a TE fakes the block and runs to the sideline in the end zone. Keenum can then either pass if hes open or try and run it in himself like he did earlier. Anything but a freaking run up the middle with Gurley with pee pee poor blocking!!

That's why I wanted, especially after they told the Lions what they were doing.. After the refs blew the whistle and the ball got snapped, Keenum still gave it to Gurley who was obviously going to be going right up the middle... And then we did it again, of course they were ready for it, everyone was ready for it.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
That's why I wanted, especially after they told the Lions what they were doing.. After the refs blew the whistle and the ball got snapped, Keenum still gave it to Gurley who was obviously going to be going right up the middle... And then we did it again, of course they were ready for it, everyone was ready for it.
We had such great momentum too. Charged down the field and then end it with.......:poop:

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Did Fisher have another gem like, "15 other teams lost!" during his post game presser?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Btw - anyone else embarrassed by the way the D handled victory formation at the end of the game?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/16/rams-pull-a-schiano-drill-lions-on-kneeldown/

Rams pull a Schiano, drill Lions on kneeldown
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 16, 2016

615035406.jpg
Getty Images

When Greg Schiano arrived as the head coach of the Buccaneers, part of his tough-guy persona was ordering his players to try to blow up the opposing team’s kneeldowns at the end of games. Other coaches didn’t take kindly to that, and when Schiano washed out in Tampa Bay, it appeared that the practice of hitting other teams in the victory formation was a thing of the past.

And then the Rams resurrected it today.

After the Lions grabbed a game-clinching interception today against the Rams, the offense took the field for Matthew Stafford to kneel down. Multiple players on the Rams’ defense went full-speed on the play, and two Lions offensive linemen were pushed backward into Stafford, who hobbled around for a moment appearing to have hurt his leg.

On the next kneeldown, Stafford kneeled down and then lunged forward, deciding that if the Rams were going to push on the play, he would push back. Several players on both teams then pushed and shoved before separating and leaving the field.

Stafford appeared to be fine afterward, but Lions center Travis Swanson also appeared to be hurt on a kneeldown play, and he had an ice pack on his right hand afterward. The Lions said Swanson was going to get X-rays.

The Rams’ tactic of blowing up the victory formation is legal, but it tends not to sit well with opposing teams. If that’s the way the Rams plan to handle kneeldowns, it won’t make head coach Jeff Fisher and defensive coordinator Gregg Williams popular with their colleagues around the NFL.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm pissed at DTV I set the game to record before I went to church get home and it didn't record because it was showing locally. Fuck DTV the NFL and their over priced package.

I didn't get to see the first half so I have no idea about the play at the end of the half and momentum. I have no problem going for it and expect the Oline and Gurley to win those situations, gotta have heart and want it more than the other guys.

What I did get to see in the second half the defense stunk up the place, stupid ass penalties for offsides and a PI on a play that was 1 uncatchable and 2 why didn't he just blast the guy in the back while he's in mid air.

I thought the refs should have thrown a flag for holding illegal contact pi SOMETHING on the 3rd down play to Britt. But I also though they should have been riding Gurley down the field for the winning score even if Keenum was having a career game.

Goff would have not come close to Keenum's performance today, no Rams QB in history has had as many straight completions kind of a so what record but a record no the less.

Damn tired of the losing and the fucking players not getting on the field. Man up and get it done. Too many fucking excuses

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Rams’ tactic of blowing up the victory formation is legal, but it tends not to sit well with opposing teams. If that’s the way the Rams plan to handle kneeldowns, it won’t make head coach Jeff Fisher and defensive coordinator Gregg Williams popular with their colleagues around the NFL.
Welp. As Warren Sapp said in our own chat with him...
"If you're not trying to gain a competitive edge, then you're not trying."

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Hey, @Florida_Ram, why would you mark an article from PFT as inappropriate?

The Rams pulling that kind of poor sportsmanship crap.. not the article itself.. there removed it.. I actually turned the game off and never watched the kneel downs.. It was a shame to read it :baghead:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The Rams pulling that kind of poor sportsmanship crap.. not the article itself

See, I think some members here don't quite understand how this new marking thingy works. An inappropriate should only be used if the poster has posted something that is well "inappropriate."

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I said take the points before they even decided on going for it. With this type of team and the way they were moving the ball you have to take the points. This team is still trying to find an identity. Dont leave points on the board this offense this TEAM cant overcome leaving points on the board.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Going for 4th and goal from the 16 inch line, stopped cold.
Fisher says, "That's who we are."

He's right.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
The play call was brutal. When I saw the formations, I knew what was going to happen.

I thought they had to go for it, and get it done, because the defense looked like they couldn't stop a half-inflated beach ball from rolling down a driveway.

i'm not sure tg ran to where the play was designed to go. they pulled the rg and he bloched to the left. tg ran right where he came from.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
i'm not sure tg ran to where the play was designed to go. they pulled the rg and he bloched to the left. tg ran right where he came from.
Yeah, I'm not sure either. I doubt any of us know the play that was called. We only got to watch it unfold. I'm pretty sure everybody knew Gurley was getting the ball.

I just watched a replay. There was some room off left tackle had Hurley gone left.

Status
Not open for further replies.