Vent thread: Rams v Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I love our defense on 3rd and 2 and the Safety is standing 30 yards down field.

A few buddies and I were at the game. They did this frequently with Alexander 20 yards down field with TJ creeping the line. Made no sense. We give up easy first downs to avoid big plays but doesn't matter much when the team scores at will anyway. I think detroit only punted once yesterday.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Williams' bend but don't break defense is frustrating. It always has been. It's the reason why this defense won't ever be elite across the board statistically. We give up too many yards.

But that's how he designed it and I'm not gonna complain cus the D hasn't been the problem since he took over. Like I said in another thread, with Tru available yesterday, we'd have won that game.

fearsomefour

Legend
But then why hasn't Goff had a chance to play?

Is Keenum better?
Is he "not ready""?

In both Dallas and Philadelphia the guy is "ready" and deemed good enough. Is Case Keenum better than Tony Romo? Would Prescott and Wentz be riding the pine here? Maybe. Maybe Fisher really feels he's giving Goff the best long term chance to succeed. But I don't see how a year learning behind Keenum is the same as say Rodgers learning for three years behind Favre
He may be better learning behind a guy like Keenum frankly. Farve had his silly level of talent and arm to rely on. I am sure he prepped for games well too. A guy like Keenum, not having the physical gifts, has to mentally prepare in great detail to have success. That is the point of sitting. To learn the NFL game, the offense and how to prepare for Sunday like an NFL QB, not to learn how to throw.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NJRams fan, why bury things we may want to chat about a day later in a vent thread with 100's of posts?
Because chatting about how bad a member of the rams is directly following a loss is the reason the vent thread exists. What discussion is there for this topic?

-Greg williams sucks hes overrated and will be fired soon.

-no he doesn't there's injuries

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If goff turns out to be a franchise quarterback this turns into our best offseason in the past decade plus....since no one knows if that will happen or not this is a reactionary complaint that belongs in the vent thread

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
If you're waiting for people to *blame him* for the loss, then keep the line moving.
Have the rules changed for the vent thread? It used to be that (almost) anything was allowed and not held against people later after the 24-hours was up and the thread locked. If he wants to blame Keenum for the loss in the vent thread, it's not up for readers to agree or disagree, it's about having the chance to get even irrational rants off his chest in the vent thread and then bury it forever..?

Bruce2980

Starter
Because chatting about how bad a member of the rams is directly following a loss is the reason the vent thread exists. What discussion is there for this topic?

-Greg williams sucks hes overrated and will be fired soon.

-no he doesn't there's injuries
That pretty much sums up this discussion, great thread.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
This single decision will decide weather or not this Franchise is a consistent contender or the "Same old Rams" for possibly the next decade, so its a big deal and certainly worth discussion on a fan forum. Sue they are doing the same in Cleveland these days. The bigger question is at the core of the franchise-does this regime know how leverage the tools all other 31 teams have to generate a consistent winner?? Though process is if they can get the QB position right, then how are they going to deliver a winner? They have yet to demonstrate they can.

And what does Prescott or Wentz have to do with Goff? You claiming we should have taken one of them? What if we did, and Goff started elsewhere and outplayed them? You'd be singing the same tune. You can't judge a book without reading it. Fact is, he hasn't played yet. So let's freak off with the comparisons to the other rookies.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Gonna call BS on this one. Rams went into the game with their top CB and top outside pass rusher out, on the road, against a very good offense with a top tier QB. Maybe they could have done some things differently, but it's ridiculous to lose two guys of the talent of Tru and Quinn on the road against that kind of offense and not expect to see a drop off.

Bruce2980

Starter
He may be better learning behind a guy like Keenum frankly. Farve had his silly level of talent and arm to rely on. I am sure he prepped for games well too. A guy like Keenum, not having the physical gifts, has to mentally prepare in great detail to have success. That is the point of sitting. To learn the NFL game, the offense and how to prepare for Sunday like an NFL QB, not to learn how to throw.
Good point, as many times as I have read discussions like this, this is the first time I have seen this. Favre sure did have some bad habits that only a guy as talented as him could get away with, and he wasn't always successful at it.

fearsomefour

Legend
Good point, as many times as I have read discussions like this, this is the first time I have seen this. Favre sure did have some bad habits that only a guy as talented as him could get away with, and he wasn't always successful at it.
Agreed.
Got to see him play a coue of times and he would make terrible decisions sometimes and get away with it. What an arm though.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Our Tebow
Your Tebow reference is on point and understated. Since I had the Bills game circled as the barometer of the season I'm not in ranting mode any more, it is what it is ... the real legacy of the Lions game is a split fan base dealing with Tebow Syndrome now. The devoted Keenum Klub will march on with an almost religious fervor, blind to the real repercussions to Fisher's botching of the QB situation. I'm expecting pretty much exactly like how a segment of the Broncos pined for and defended Tebow ("he won a playoff game! he holds the NFL record for yards per completion in a playoff game! he got a win and a record so you can't say anything bad or blame him for anything!"). Didn't think it was possible but a bad situation for Goff somehow just got even worse, and the chances for the QB that's most ready to win games *now* (and has been since the second he was drafted) won't see the field until the season is lost.

fearsomefour

Legend
Williams' bend but don't break defense is frustrating. It always has been. It's the reason why this defense won't ever be elite across the board statistically. We give up too many yards.

But that's how he designed it and I'm not gonna complain cus the D hasn't been the problem since he took over. Like I said in another thread, with Tru available yesterday, we'd have won that game.
Giving yards is ok if the overall approach works.
The thing is his D NEEDS a passrush and it just isent there with Quinn out.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
This single decision will decide weather or not this Franchise is a consistent contender or the "Same old Rams" for possibly the next decade, so its a big deal and certainly worth discussion on a fan forum. Sue they are doing the same in Cleveland these days. The bigger question is at the core of the franchise-does this regime know how leverage the tools all other 31 teams have to generate a consistent winner?? Though process is if they can get the QB position right, then how are they going to deliver a winner? They have yet to demonstrate they can.

I agree with you 100%. This is a topic that should be in discussion. I'm not sure if you're late to the party, but it's been done 100 times over by now. That's basically all I'm trying to say here. Each week that Goff doesn't play, for some reason these new threads pop up as though there's something new to talk about, when really, this horse was beaten to death weeks ago.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Gonna call BS on this one. Rams went into the game with their top CB and top outside pass rusher out, on the road, against a very good offense with a top tier QB. Maybe they could have done some things differently, but it's ridiculous to lose two guys of the talent of Tru and Quinn on the road against that kind of offense and not expect to see a drop off.

Theo Riddick, Deandre Levy, Ansah, Washington, etc just to name a few of the Lions injuries. They were without a ton of starters and still managed. We have no excuse

lockdnram21

Legend
But then why hasn't Goff had a chance to play?

Is Keenum better?
Is he "not ready""?

In both Dallas and Philadelphia the guy is "ready" and deemed good enough. Is Case Keenum better than Tony Romo? Would Prescott and Wentz be riding the pine here? Maybe. Maybe Fisher really feels he's giving Goff the best long term chance to succeed. But I don't see how a year learning behind Keenum is the same as say Rodgers learning for three years behind Favre
What u not realizing is when season was over Fisher said Keenum was An and he stuck to it imo it has nothing to do with Goff. Think about it he never really got reps. So I think whoever was drafted was sitting. Remember Fisher Sat mcnair for a year

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
NJRams fan, why bury things we may want to chat about a day later in a vent thread with 100's of posts?

Personally I'd rather move on after a loss like this rather than bitch about it all week. Yeah I hate fisher at this point too, but constantly thinking about it is only going to make me upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.