Vent thread: Rams v Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sorry, the other one got deleted when merging posts into it.
That's my bad.

Have back at it. I'm sure you have plenty left in the tank. lol.

Again, sorry. That's on me.

As per usual, do not debate in here if you don't want to vent.
And if you don't want to vent, or read venting, then you shouldn't even be reading *this*.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Pfft, obvious conspiracy is obvious. You could have at least blamed aliens for deleting it!

Wait, before you delete me... Keenum is great!

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
It is frustrating that Keenum played so well this game and we still end up losing. This decreases the probability that Goff will start in the near future. I really wanted to win this one, our secondary and LB group didn't show up today.

TXRams86

The Infamous
What's really left to vent about..
You get what you put in...Jeff Fisher in, Fisherball out.
End of story.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Meh, 3-3 with some teams we should have beaten. This is looking like that 7-9 or 8-8 shit Fisher didn't want.

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
Reposting this. Another "Fisher that's who we are" loss

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'm probably going to be more comfortable in this thread - at least for a while.

There were quite a few positives and it's a shame to lose a game that so should have been a win. It's getting old saying it, but Jeff Fisher sucks.

I don't have a problem going for it at the end of the first half but someone needs to explain to me why we would run the clock down first. If we don't get it - I'd like the opportunity to make them snap the ball on the 1.

This Lions team is not good. They just aren't. And yet, they beat us when our QB has a career day.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher back at 3-3. This is where he's comfortable. I'm so tired of it.

Keenum wasn't the reason we lost. But it's still time for Goff. If I have to watch another 6-8 win season, I want to do so with hope for our future.

But I fear that Fisher is just going to hold Goff over our heads all year long. That will suck. And that will bring on apathy.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Well I canceled my Gamepass subscription. This 7-9 bullshit doesn't deserve to be watched in HD. it deserves to be watched on a shitty stream with adds popping up with shit quality. Not gonna pay to watch this shit. Fisher should pay me to watch this fucking 7-9 bullshit.

bluecoconuts

Legend
It is frustrating that Keenum played so well this game and we still end up losing. This decreases the probability that Goff will start in the near future. I really wanted to win this one, our secondary and LB group didn't show up today.

I think this was probably the best game for Goff to get into this season... Instead if he plays this year it's likely going to be due to injury or because the season is basically lost and Keenum has fallen apart.

Either way it's a resounding failure on the part of the coaching staff/front office. Either they didn't recognize a bust when they saw one and missed on the pick, or they're completely failing in their development of the young QB. If the staff is fired, this will be a large reason why.

DeaconJ

Rookie
Thanks, Jeff, for what is shaping up to be another memorable season full of, not excuses, but deflections and fantasies. If you need a life after football, may I suggest politics? You are highly experienced and should do very well in that endeavor. Please consider that career change soon.[GALLERY=media, 197]63093527 by DeaconJ posted Oct 16, 2016 at 2:13 PM[/GALLERY]

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I have been reading this site for a number of years. Never participated. I didn't realize how much better I feel letting off some steam. Thanks ROD

That being said, I'm not quite over the end of the 1st half. Fisher coached like he hadn't been in the red Zone all game and didn't know if the team would be back down there. I think he shows no confidence in his team when, he takes chances that are not necessary. We are tied with a chance to take a 3 point lead and we get the ball back to start the 2nd half. What is wrong with that scenario? You can't tell me it didn't affect the teams to start the 2nd half. Risk reward has to measured. Fisher got greedy and we paid for it.

By the way I posted part of this in another thread when I lost this one. Hope that's ok

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think this was probably the best game for Goff to get into this season... Instead if he plays this year it's likely going to be due to injury or because the season is basically lost and Keenum has fallen apart.

Either way it's a resounding failure on the part of the coaching staff/front office. Either they didn't recognize a bust when they saw one and missed on the pick, or they're completely failing in their development of the young QB. If the staff is fired, this will be a large reason why.

Yep. It's just amazing how badly this is being mishandled.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I have been reading this site for a number of years. Never participated. I didn't realize how much better I feel letting off some steam. Thanks ROD

That being said, I'm not quite over the end of the 1st half. Fisher coached like he hadn't been in the red Zone all game and didn't know if the team would be back down there. I think he shows no confidence in his team when, he takes chances that are not necessary. We are tied with a chance to take a 3 point lead and we get the ball back to start the 2nd half. What is wrong with that scenario? You can't tell me it didn't affect the teams to start the 2nd half. Risk reward has to measured. Fisher got greedy and we paid for it.

By the way I posted part of this in another thread when I lost this one. Hope that's ok
In hindsight yes take the points. I have more of a problem with the play call than the decision to go with it. I liked that they went for it. Just my opinion. I get what your saying but think the play they called should not have been one that hasn't worked hardly all year.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Yep. It's just amazing how badly this is being mishandled.
It's really no surprise when you have a guy like Fisher that thinks he's the smartest coach in the league..
Meanwhile, guys like Doug Pederson and Jason Garrett show what rookie QB's that have proper preparation and coaching can do.
Even Bradford is doing well in Minnesota.

bluecoconuts

Legend
It's really no surprise when you have a guy like Fisher that thinks he's the smartest coach in the league..
Meanwhile, guys like Doug Pederson and Jason Garrett show what rookie QB's that have proper preparation and coaching can do.
Even Bradford is doing well in Minnesota.

Everyone is doing it well, this is a QB friendly league, you just have to work with it. I like Fisher, but his stubbornness is why he's going to get fired. Even if he gets an extension, that doesn't make him safe. I expect him to coach for us next year, but without a dramatic turnaround that'll probably be his last.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
In hindsight yes take the points. I have more of a problem with the play call than the decision to go with it. I liked that they went for it. Just my opinion. I get what your saying but think the play they called should not have been one that hasn't worked hardly all year.

As a fan we tend to want to go for the home run when all we need is a single. The professionals that we count on to make the decisions based on knowledge of the game, should know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.