Vent thread: Rams v Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

…..

Legend
One thing for sure is lining TA at tailback is not an effective use of his talents.Rather see Benny getting more touches in that formation. I am also getting sick of the failed TA bubble screens.

I'm getting sick of the failed Tavon everything.....he's no more than a WR3 and we should be turning him into an incarnation of Az Zahir Hakeem instead of ...well.....instead of whatever the hell they're trying to turn him into.

Its not quite then end of the world, we have way important things to overcome as a team, but i'm expecting the debate to rage if Fisher doesnt right the ship this year.

Last edited:

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I'm a proud blind loyalist. I don't frequent ROD for 'misery loves company' purposes. Many have told you your diatribes belong in the vent thread. Thinking I'm out until you quit flooding page 1. It's football. We're .500. Life is good.

Go Rams!

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Yes, they really managed. Really put the clamps down on perennial All-Pro/future HOF QB Case Keenum, holding him to an unheard of low of 300+ yards and 3 TD's. We should fire Williams now and give their DC a billion dollars to quit the Lions and come to the Rams immediately. Williams has never done anything for this Rams D, and it's as bad as it was when Larry Marmie was the DC.
I was responding to a post about how we lost because of injury. When I said they managed, it was in reference to that. As they managed to win despite having more impactful injuries then us. So to basically accuse me of praising our defense is ludicrous, as I've done no such thing. They were horrendous.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I was responding to a post about how we lost because of injury. When I said they managed, it was in reference to that. As they managed to win despite having more impactful injuries then us. So to basically accuse me of praising our defense is ludicrous, as I've done no such thing. They were horrendous.

You still didn't get it.

And if you think their injuries were more impactful than going without Quinn and Tru and losing Brockers during the game, then you never will get it.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Here are Williams blitzing stats per Pro Football Focus and how they stack up against the entire league.

LB Alec Ogletree 42 blitzes, 8th out of all LB's in the NFL (efficiency rating of 60.0 which is 31st ovr)

LB Mark Barron 47 blitzes, 4th out of all LB's in the NFL (efficiency rating of 46.6 which is 63rd ovr)

CB LaMarcus Joyner, 14 blitzes, 1st out of all CB's in the NFL (efficiency rating of 61.2 which is 13th ovr)

S T.J. McDonald 40 blitzes, 1st out of all S's in the NFL (efficiency rating of 51.9 which is 17th ovr)

S Mo Alexander 30 blitzes, 2nd out of all S's in the NFL (efficiency rating of 69.2 which is 3rd ovr)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Williams' bend but don't break defense is frustrating.
Bend but don't break can work fine.

I just don't like it when the opponent has the ball with little time left and all they need is a FG.

I was certain Detroit would get that FG.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Net resuts:
2012: 3-3, 2013: 3-3, 2014 2-4, 2015; 3-3, 2016: 3-3. Team is not getting better. You can be a blind loyalist or you can point to reasons why the team isnt progressing. All the reasons I listed in the off season point to no improvement under Fisher. Every season, youngest team, lead league in penalties, QB unsettled, offense stinks (dont kid yourself about yesterday-Rams will be in the deep bottom in O when season is over). I may bring a perspective that not all appreciate, but I can state why I am beyond frustrated with this team. You can be a blind loyalist, but I have seen enough from this current crew thats not getting corrected.
I'm glad you have an opinion. But that doesn't mean you are right or I have to agree. It simply means. You have an opinion. Yay you...... I guess...... And to be truthful, the only stats I care about are wins and losses.....the other crap.......is just window dressing.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
You still didn't get it.

And if you think their injuries were more impactful than going without Quinn and Tru and losing Brockers during the game, then you never will get it.

Or maybe your a homer? You clearly know nothing about the lions. They were on free agent RBs. Theo Riddick one of their most explosive players out. Their best pass rusher Ansah injured(better then Quinn, sorry). And out their starting line backer Deandre Levy. Haloti Ngota, starting defensive tackle out as well. Larry Warford, starting guard and Starting TE Eric Ebron also out as well. Do some research before you post your nonsense. Some of us are actually football fans, and not just Rams fans.

TexasRam

Legend
I still believe in Williams.

Finding a way to consistently beat Seattle and Arizona and shut their offenses down.

With Quinn Brockers and Tru out that's a dramatic blow to personnel that cannot be filled. Those 3 consistently dramatically effect a football game.

Quinn creates sacks, turnovers requires double teams and forces false starts and holding calls. He kills a few drives each game by himself.

Brockers has a huge impact on stopping the run.

Tru is one of the most underrated CB's.

When those 3 are in along with Gaines we are typically a shutdown defense.

A defensive coordinator might find a smoke and mirrors way to survive with less talent for a few weeks but it won't last.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like Gregg Williams, he truly is one of the better defensive coordinators in the NFL and we only have to remember the likes of Larry Marmie and Jim Haslett to understand how good Williams is, however, the secondary has been a mess since preseason and IMHO, that falls solely on Secondary Coaches Brandon Fisher & Dennard Wilson.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Let's pump the breaks on the Dak comparison. That offense is LOADED with players that help him succeed. In fact, there's not a player on that offense that WOULDN'T be an upgrade over anything we have here, with the exception of Gurley. Gurley behind that line would out perform Elliot imo.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This cat is wayyyy overrated. Look what Rod Marinelli is doing in Dallas with half the personnel. I realize he is dealing with some injuries, but this unit should be borderline elite and if anything, the appear to be regressing. D-line is not getting consistent pressure. LB play has been spotty (Yesterday Barron and Tree were out of position or got "juked" by some unknown 3rd string RB), the DB play has been atrocious, even before Tru went out.

Nobody should be upset when Fish is not retained, nor should they say "But we'll lose Williams". He's just another one living on a reputation these days.
Sv5FjBi.gif

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
One other note on this. I was frustrated and turned off the game so I did not see Williams punk move of trying to blow up the victory formation..
First of all you don't know if Williams is behind that move.
second you don't come on this site calling our D.C. a punk.
The only punk I see is the one who thinks his thoughts are so important
that he has to fill up the front page of ROD with this mindless dribble.
Do you actually think you require a separate thread for each one of your thoughts.
personally I haven't seen you post anything worthy of one thread.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...l-to-rush-kneeldown-didnt-come-from-sideline/

"but that is not how you earn respect."
Maybe you should heed your own advice.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And.......... scene.

movie-clapper-board-md.png

(24 hour rule).

Status
Not open for further replies.