Janoris Jenkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
This would have to be a trade after the season for JJ. He had been on good behavior before the missed practice. I would do a deal.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ehhh a lot of this board was calling the FO cheap when he signed in NY.

He wanted the money and probably never wanted to come back here any way.

He's not a bad person though, if you follow is social media he's just a fun guy. When you play for a guy that treats his players like shit, then yeah you wouldn't care either.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Trujo is a #1 cb and honestly the second or third best player on our defense. He's tall with long arms, plays the ball well in the air and catches the ball. Our defense would be a lot worse without him on the team.

JJ is good too but doesn't not match well against bigger defenders. They were a great one, two punch. Too bad we can't afford them.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
How is the Rams defense without him?

There ya go, there is the answer.

Not as good as it would be with him.
(The following is not directed at you Les.
Btw, my father’s name was Les(lie). Or are you a Lester?)

I like Tru a lot - but he hit the lotto getting $30M+ for two years.
Like JJ way more, always thought he got a bad rap, and btw, was a decent tackler as well as a true shut down corner. And always kept his nose clean.
Those clips notwithstanding ( he really wasn’t in a good position on either one) I’d grab JJ in a heartbeat.
(Incognito as well)

Other than violent assault or domestic abuse, spare me the outrage for those whose lifestyle/mores you disagree with.
A. - it doesn’t matter, and B.- it’s none of your goddamn business.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend

Like JJ way more, always thought he got a bad rap, and btw, was a decent tackler as well as a true shut down corner. And always kept his nose clean.
Those clips notwithstanding ( he really wasn’t in a good position on either one) I’d grab JJ in a heartbeat.
(Incognito as well)

Other than violent assault or domestic abuse, spare me the outrage for those whose lifestyle/mores you disagree with.
More than one thing can be true at once.
The D is good without JJ but certainly would be better with him.
I understand why the Rams went with Tru. I like both players. Tru maybe resign after this year and actually have a smaller cap number. Such is the weird worn of the franchise tag.
As for leaving ones personal lifestyle judgements out of things I would go ahead and include abuse stuff to it. Are they going to jail? Are they going to miss time? Outside of that, to quote Eminem, I don't give two squirts of piss.
For a lot of the same reasons people outside the situation shouldn't care much about other lifestyle things.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
P.S.

Marshall Faulk had multiple children with multiple women.

(I hate myself, but...) just sayin’.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Just looking at the cap in a trade situation in the off season:

Looks like JJ would be a 31.5M hit for the next three years (11 / 10.25 / 10.25), with NYG taking the accelerated hit on the signing bonus. If the Rams decided to cut JJ before the end of the third year, I think there's no dead cap -- so if it doesn't work after a year (or less), bye bye JJ.

This would be after the Rams took a 30.6944M hit for the past two years for TJ.

For the risk and cap number, imo, this could be good depending on what NYG wants (assuming I got the cap right).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If any of the above is true, he wouldn't qualify as a McVay 'we' type player for his Rams. It does make one wonder if personality issues was the cause for Fisher franchising Tru Johnson over JJ ?

Agreed

Skill set aside, I don't think his mindset is a fit.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just looking at the cap in a trade situation in the off season:

Looks like JJ would be a 31.5M hit for the next three years (11 / 10.25 / 10.25), with NYG taking the accelerated hit on the signing bonus. If the Rams decided to cut JJ before the end of the third year, I think there's no dead cap -- so if it doesn't work after a year (or less), bye bye JJ.

This would be after the Rams took a 30.6944M hit for the past two years for TJ.

For the risk and cap number, imo, this could be good depending on what NYG wants (assuming I got the cap right).

That's a bargain for a shutdown corner. So good it makes me wonder if he will be happy to play under it in a years time after seeing what other corners are making in FA.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trujo is a #1 cb and honestly the second or third best player on our defense. He's tall with long arms, plays the ball well in the air and catches the ball. Our defense would be a lot worse without him on the team.

JJ is good too but doesn't not match well against bigger defenders. They were a great one, two punch. Too bad we can't afford them.
Actually Jenkins best games came against taller receivers I remember his first game against the lions when they was testing him with fade routes like 3 plays in a row while he was a rookie then he intercepted a slant that was going to the TE. He shut down DZ Bryant all the time the guys that he did have problems with was the shifty double move route runners. Johnson is good I have just seem too many WRs toasting him this year and others

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a bargain for a shutdown corner. So good it makes me wonder if he will be happy to play under it in a years time after seeing what other corners are making in FA.

One thing you have to know about a young guy like Jenkins coming from where he come from playing football is a way of life it’s how it got him out the hood and how it feeds his family. Everybody was saying when he sign his contract he not go do anything instead he went to have his best year in the league and even this year he was still the best defensive player on their team by a long shot. The point is when Jenkins signed that deal there where corners already making more than him, it’s not strictly about the money the guy wanted to get paid what he was worth and the Giants did

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
(The following is not directed at you Les.
Btw, my father’s name was Les(lie). Or are you a Lester?)

(Incognito as well)

Leslie.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Giants fans have apparently had enough.Never let anybody say
That they don't take their football serious.lol

Giants fan facing 2 felony charges after arrest at 49ers game

Updated 7:30 AM; Posted 7:04 AM
fan-arrest-75953bf452b3f293.jpg

Santa Clara Police officers arrest Giants fan Patrick Flynn during Sunday's game. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group/TNS)

By Dan Duggan

dduggan@njadvancemedia.com

NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The Giants fan who was left bloodied after battling with police officers during the team's 31-21 loss to the 49ers on Sunday is facing a pair of felony charges.

Patrick Flynn, 29, has been charged with battery on a police officer causing injury and resisting arrest, which are both felonies, according to Capt. Wahid Kazem of the Santa Clara Police Department. Flynn was also charged with two additional counts of misdemeanor battery on a police officer.

The charges stem for a skirmish that began in the first row of the stands at Levi's Stadium late in Sunday's game and spilled onto the field after Flynn and a police officer tumbled over a railing and fell approximately seven feet.

Flynn, who was wearing a Janoris Jenkins jersey, was "belligerent, intoxicated and clearly violating the stadium's code of conduct," according to Kazem. Spectator Alex Amster provided a video to NJ Advance Media that showed Flynn and another fan in an Odell Beckham Jr. jersey flipping their middle fingers and cursing at Giants players after the team allowed a fourth-quarter touchdown that gave the 49ers a 31-13 lead.

View: https://youtu.be/teakqxLppTo

The other fan is believed to be Flynn's brother. Kyle Flynn, 26, has been charged with two misdemeanors: Obstruction of justice and public drunkenness. A third fan, Lauren Alcatraz, 29, was also charged with obstruction of justice.

Kazem said Patrick Flynn, who lives in Brighton, Massachusetts, and Kyle Flynn, who lives in Arlington, Virginia, had been warned about their behavior. They were being ejected from the stadium when Kazem said they became "uncooperative" and "physically resistant to the officers and refused to leave their seat."

The police officer who fell over the railing with Patrick Flynn suffered minor-to-moderate injuries and was treated at a local hospital and released, according to Kazem. Patrick Flynn was Tased while on the ground because he wouldn't allow officers to handcuff him, according to Kazem. Flynn, who had blood on both sides of his face, was taken to a hospital for evaluation per department policy after a Tasing. Kazem said Flynn did not report any injuries.

Flynn is being held on $40,000 bail at the Santa Clara County Jail and has a Wednesday court date, according to NBC Bay Area.

Limey

Rookie
I only saw the first half of the late games on NFL Red Zone, and went to bed at halftime as I was feeling like shit, but I saw one long bomb where the farty whiners' WR got beyond JJ to score. My impression was that JJ was pointing at his chest as if to apologise to his team-mates and take responsibility for giving up the score. I haven't watched it again, and didn't see the other scores, but I actually went to bed thinking that maybe JJ had grown up a bit as he seemed to be showing accountability. FWIW at the time he left, I thought JJ was the more talented corner but more likely to cost you the TD that would lose you the game through lack of concentration or focusing on the INT over the PD. I wanted us to keep both (and McLeod) but didn't have a strong preference for JJ over Tru. My impression, based on very limited watching of JJ with the Giants, was that he had matured and improved, and with the way that negotiations with Tru and his agent went, I would have preferred them to keep JJ over Tru. I think I still feel that way.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Count me among those who'd rather see the Rams draft a CB next year, rather than bring JJ back.

fearsomefour

Legend
"Patrick Flynn, who lives in Brighton, Massachusetts...."
Massachusetts, Giant fan, in Nor Cal......3 for 3 on the Dbag checklist.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I dont understand why other grown men care how many kids by different women another grown man has but since that’s such a problem tell me how many times you heard about him or his baby mommas in the media?? Before he signed his contract with the Giants he increased his child support for them on his own. We don’t know what’s going on inside the locker room with the Giants but to bring up a guy personal life like it’s a negative is desperate and unseemly
Well said....

Maybe I'm just an anachronism, but that guy quit on a professional football field

Please please please spare me his reasons...cuz they're just aren't any I'm going to give credence to HE QUIT.
I kinda agree.

But as I look at our team today...there are still guys that I believe "quit" last year....after that New Orleans game, walking around in blue and gold. (Love that it appears they took a lil more gold out of them too) How do you feel about them???
JJ is good too but doesn't not match well against bigger defenders.
I gotta agree with DX on this one as well....I think it's because he played so many of them in the SEC....and he played them well then too.

Actually Jenkins best games came against taller receivers

:yess::nice: Great points!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Giants fans have apparently had enough.Never let anybody say
That they don't take their football serious.lol

Giants fan facing 2 felony charges after arrest at 49ers game

Updated 7:30 AM; Posted 7:04 AM
fan-arrest-75953bf452b3f293.jpg

Santa Clara Police officers arrest Giants fan Patrick Flynn during Sunday's game. (Jose Carlos Fajardo/Bay Area News Group/TNS)

By Dan Duggan

dduggan@njadvancemedia.com

NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The Giants fan who was left bloodied after battling with police officers during the team's 31-21 loss to the 49ers on Sunday is facing a pair of felony charges.

Patrick Flynn, 29, has been charged with battery on a police officer causing injury and resisting arrest, which are both felonies, according to Capt. Wahid Kazem of the Santa Clara Police Department. Flynn was also charged with two additional counts of misdemeanor battery on a police officer.

The charges stem for a skirmish that began in the first row of the stands at Levi's Stadium late in Sunday's game and spilled onto the field after Flynn and a police officer tumbled over a railing and fell approximately seven feet.

Flynn, who was wearing a Janoris Jenkins jersey, was "belligerent, intoxicated and clearly violating the stadium's code of conduct," according to Kazem. Spectator Alex Amster provided a video to NJ Advance Media that showed Flynn and another fan in an Odell Beckham Jr. jersey flipping their middle fingers and cursing at Giants players after the team allowed a fourth-quarter touchdown that gave the 49ers a 31-13 lead.

View: https://youtu.be/teakqxLppTo

The other fan is believed to be Flynn's brother. Kyle Flynn, 26, has been charged with two misdemeanors: Obstruction of justice and public drunkenness. A third fan, Lauren Alcatraz, 29, was also charged with obstruction of justice.

Kazem said Patrick Flynn, who lives in Brighton, Massachusetts, and Kyle Flynn, who lives in Arlington, Virginia, had been warned about their behavior. They were being ejected from the stadium when Kazem said they became "uncooperative" and "physically resistant to the officers and refused to leave their seat."

The police officer who fell over the railing with Patrick Flynn suffered minor-to-moderate injuries and was treated at a local hospital and released, according to Kazem. Patrick Flynn was Tased while on the ground because he wouldn't allow officers to handcuff him, according to Kazem. Flynn, who had blood on both sides of his face, was taken to a hospital for evaluation per department policy after a Tasing. Kazem said Flynn did not report any injuries.

Flynn is being held on $40,000 bail at the Santa Clara County Jail and has a Wednesday court date, according to NBC Bay Area.

Hmmm. If this weren't a non-political forum i'd have alot to say about that white guy getting tazed and beat on by a posse of cops. But i digress.
:admin: