Janoris Jenkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
You don't be foolish. He's a studly CB. If we can deal with Watkins, we can deal with JJ.
He got paid a boat load and turns out he is a quitter. He has ME tattooed allover his forehead. I don't respect rage quitters.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Tackling? We talking about talking for an elite cover corner? Effort or no effort you don't pay a guy like him for his tackling. And it's not like he hasn't been a willing tackler before. Giants got far bigger issues than janoris making tackles and I doubt anything comes from this

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Wasnt too long ago we were questioning Watkins and his dedication since it seemed like he was quitting or half assing his routes, but I don't recall anyone acknowledging we should throw him out. And Watkins is on a winning team. Im not going to get after Jenkins for quitting either, bc that whole team has quit. He was on a losing team here year after year but he still played 100%, so that should tell you something about the culture over there in NY.

I love Trujo, but he is not the answer and i dont believe he can cover a number 1 receiver consistantly, which was evident yesterday. He may be a "me" type player, but hes not the typical drama starter you see in those types of players. If he's in a good scheme and is on a competitive team, you never hear from him. So i would not have a problem with him coming back.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If any of the above is true, he wouldn't qualify as a McVay 'we' type player for his Rams. It does make one wonder if personality issues was the cause for Fisher franchising Tru Johnson over JJ ?
Couldn’t have been because Johnson served a suspension and Jenkins didn’t. Johnson actually have more red flags then Jenkins he hasn’t been suspended by the league before

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did not want to sign him for the ridiculous money he want. He has shown his true colors both for the Rams and now the Giants. He does not deserve to be on this team and the Rams seem to be smart enough to not want his kind on this team.

Decent talent, not elite, not enough brains or maturity.
Jenkins is elite and prior to that game he was still a top 5 corner on a under performing team no one on that defense is playing up to par

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did not want to sign him for the ridiculous money he want. He has shown his true colors both for the Rams and now the Giants. He does not deserve to be on this team and the Rams seem to be smart enough to not want his kind on this team.

Jenkins contract definitely isn’t ridiculous it’s actually pretty cheap we paid and paying Johnson more

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Doesn't seem like there are any team leaders in New York.
Kind of sad. You would think with how much he is getting paid that he would fulfill that role, and take iniative. Just shows that he may just be a follower not a leader.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

to be fair he was maybe the premier shutdown corner last season.

i feel like mcvay can bring out the best in everyone and phillips will make him play hard.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I could pick between signing TruJo or JJ long term, I’d pick TruJo.

I never trusted JJ to be reliable. Frankly, he has many kids with many women, he doesn’t seem very smart or mature, and I saw some videos where he looked stoned out of his mind. Plus he seems like one of those “me not we” players. (Perhaps I should say “weed not me,” but I digress).

TruJo is not as physically gifted as JJ, but as evidenced by his captainship I think he’s really developed into a leader. And he can be counted on as a #1 corner (I doubt Webster would be as good as a #1).

I for one would love it if the Rams were able to sign TruJo long term, even if they have to overpay with “elite corner money” to keep him.
I dont understand why other grown men care how many kids by different women another grown man has but since that’s such a problem tell me how many times you heard about him or his baby mommas in the media?? Before he signed his contract with the Giants he increased his child support for them on his own. We don’t know what’s going on inside the locker room with the Giants but to bring up a guy personal life like it’s a negative is desperate and unseemly

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Couldn’t have been because Johnson served a suspension and Jenkins didn’t. Johnson actually have more red flags then Jenkins he hasn’t been suspended by the league before

I'm not certain a DUI precludes one from being a "McVay' type player, although we are unlikely to ever know unless Fisher writes his memoirs including why he chose TruJo over JJ. Keep in mind that the Rams did make TruJo available for trade, but no-one bit. jmo.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
hmmmm

you just can't sit a guy like JJ for coming back late off a bye week....especially if he's been playing well....and you got guys out there playing like crap and you haven't benched them....

accountability goes both ways....

JJ knows the ship for the season is over...he aint tryin to get hurt
And especially when the guys on offense Get special treatment.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not certain a DUI precludes one from being a "McVay' type player, although we are unlikely to ever know unless Fisher writes his memoirs including why he chose TruJo over JJ. Keep in mind that the Rams did make TruJo available for trade, but no-one bit. jmo.
Fisher wanted Jenkins the front office didn’t want to pay Jenkins what he wanted that’s why they are stuck with paying 31 million in 2 yrs for Johnson because they mis played the situation and Johnson took advantage of it.

And a DUI is definitely not a we type of player because if he gets caught again it’s a very lengthy suspension next time around

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I'm going to disagree with a lotta folks here I usually agree with

Maybe I'm just an anachronism, but that guy quit on a professional football field

Please please please spare me his reasons...cuz they're just aren't any I'm going to give credence to HE QUIT. Bow wow wow

I'd be shocked if these Rams give even one thought to bringing that guy back

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Fisher wanted Jenkins the front office didn’t want to pay Jenkins what he wanted that’s why they are stuck with paying 31 million in 2 yrs for Johnson because they mis played the situation and Johnson took advantage of it.

And a DUI is definitely not a we type of player because if he gets caught again it’s a very lengthy suspension next time around

I think the only reason TruJo is still on the team with a second 'franchise tag' is because McVay felt he had few other options at this position. I can't remember which other high value free agents were available at the time, but I do recall some questioning whether he was a Wade Phillips long term fit. As for Demoff, he sticks to his guns on not over-valuing his players, although Austin somehow made it under the radar on that front. jmo.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If the Giants don't want him, I'd gladly take him back on the Rams. Him, Tru, Kayvon, NRC, Joyner, JJ3? That's a hell of a secondary.