Janoris Jenkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guarantee he's going to have to take a pay cut if he wants to stay. :D

I mean good grief!
He's good but he's not 18-19 million a year good.

He's not making anywhere near that now. All we know is he won't be franchised again so he will be taking a pay cut no matter where he ends up.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The other team in LA isn't on the same trajectory as the Rams right now, nor does it have the exciting, young head coach and fantasy staff. When I said that maybe he wants to stay in LA I meant, with a fun and suddenly very successful Rams team.
It’s still about money don’t kid yourself in thinking other wise. These guys wanna get paid as much and as often as they can. If the rams offer is a million or 2 less than the next highest offer I can see him staying but some team is going to offer him the biggest CB contract and it’s not going to be the Rams

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
More than one thing can be true at once.
The D is good without JJ but certainly would be better with him.
I understand why the Rams went with Tru. I like both players. Tru maybe resign after this year and actually have a smaller cap number. Such is the weird worn of the franchise tag.
As for leaving ones personal lifestyle judgements out of things I would go ahead and include abuse stuff to it. Are they going to jail? Are they going to miss time? Outside of that, to quote Eminem, I don't give two squirts of tick.
For a lot of the same reasons people outside the situation shouldn't care much about other lifestyle things.
For truth, people tend to think in absolutes to the point of building logical fallacies.

Also, imperfect as it is, we have a legal system for a reason. Media is not judge jury and executioner.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yep JJ has his issues but when the Trumaine Johnson's near 17 million a yr salary departs looking for even more millions here in a few months.....JJ's 13 million a yr salary might look good in 2018/2019/2020 on this Rams team with only Kayvon Webster under contract. . At lest JJ has the hands to snag a INT more than our current bunch does.

It may be evident that the Wade "D" scheme might fit him better after-all.
Do you really think Tru is going to get $18-20M? I don't.
I think the Rams could keep him for $14-15M.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Do you really think Tru is going to get $18-20M? I don't.
I think the Rams could keep him for $14-15M.
I agree.

I guess I should paint my position here clearly on these high $$$ veteran CB's......Take as many of them as you can off the Rams shopping list as you can. I would take aim:wabbit:mad: two of the 6 & get them back in here. I happen to think that CB/Safety Joyner & NR-C is who I would hunt for NOW! I would let Trumaine visit the 9ers & Raiders for that top 5 in the NFL top CB salary. They will pay it without any issue.

Point is Snead has done EXCEPTIONALLY well since 2012 in finding starting Corners & Safeties with his scout team who can come in on their rookie seasons & make big contributions to winning games. Fact is Snead used the 2nd & 3rd days of the draft to get JJ & Tru in 2012, TJ McDonald in 2013, LJ, EJ & Mo in 2014 & JJ III in 2017....all of these 7 DB's came in & started or got big snaps as rookies.

None of these rookies caused any impact on the salary cap & were free of big headaches for Demoff. You & I know that DB's have a proven track record here with Snead of fast dividends on salary cap $$. If using only Ram history where the Rams tried to fill starting positions using the draft .....as an example of OL'ers & 43 DL'ers are the total opposite & in many cases like (OL examples) Alex Barron, Jason Smith & Greg Robinson & (DL examples) Damien Lewis, Jimmy Kennedy, Adam Carriker they never pay off positive in the first 4 yrs. We did get lucky with Aaron Donald & now Brockers is finally coming on now in his 6th NFL season.

Now the Rams are in Heep Big Trouble where in 4 months FA'cy will likely make many vacancies in the Rams secondary & we have a proven Snead DB prospect finder??? If it me I am going to utilize that talent & go with ultra low cost rookie DB's.

I would suggest planning to use available high dollar contracts on proven future Ram UFA's OL'ers {John Sullivan/ Rodger Saffold/ Rob Havenstein & Jamon Brown} & future UFA's DL'ers {Aaron Donald & Micheal Brockers}.

Last edited:

Checkmate

Ram HOF'er
Name
Shaun
At this point i would rather draft a cb and sign malcolm butler than bring tru back. But i could change my mind if he starts playing elite by the end ofnthe year. I dont believe any wrs fear him. 14 to 15 million a year is elite cb money

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I wanted Bouye too but that is water under the bridge. Is that #85 grade this year or last? He seems to be playing quite a bit better than that this year. Maybe since he made so much under the tag, and after he finds out his market value, he would sign a reasonable contract with the Rams.

His 85 ranking is for this year, and it comes from his plummeting coverage skills. One of the earlier mentioned (pre-season) possible problems with Tru was how he would perform in 'man' coverage, and he's struggling. A couple weeks ago I mentioned potential New England free agent Malcolm Butler, whose strength is in his coverage skills, and he's the same age as Tru at 27. Re-signing Robey-Coleman, adding Butler and a mid-range draft pick could settle the position for years. jmo.

fearsomefour

Legend
I agree.

I guess I should paint my position here clearly on these high $$$ veteran CB's......Take as many of them as you can off the Rams shopping list as you can. I would take aim:wabbit:mad: two of the 6 & get them back in here. I happen to think that CB/Safety Joyner & NR-C is who I would hunt for NOW! I would let Trumaine visit the 9ers & Raiders for that top 5 in the NFL top CB salary. They will pay it without any issue.

Point is Snead has done EXCEPTIONALLY well since 2012 in finding starting Corners & Safeties with his scout team who can come in on their rookie seasons & make big contributions to winning games. Fact is Snead used the 2nd & 3rd days of the draft to get JJ & Tru in 2012, TJ McDonald in 2013, LJ, EJ & Mo in 2014 & JJ III in 2017....all of these 7 DB's came in & started or got big snaps as rookies.

None of these rookies caused any impact on the salary cap & were free of big headaches for Demoff. You & I know that DB's have a proven track record here with Snead of fast dividends on salary cap $$. If using only Ram history where the Rams tried to fill starting positions using the draft .....as an example of OL'ers & 43 DL'ers are the total opposite & in many cases like (OL examples) Alex Barron, Jason Smith & Greg Robinson & (DL examples) Damien Lewis, Jimmy Kennedy, Adam Carriker they never pay off positive in the first 4 yrs. We did get lucky with Aaron Donald & now Brockers is finally coming on now in his 6th NFL season.

Now the Rams are in Heep Big Trouble where in 4 months FA'cy will likely make many vacancies in the Rams secondary & we have a proven Snead DB prospect finder??? If it me I am going to utilize that talent & go with ultra low cost rookie DB's.

I would suggest planning to use available high dollar contracts on proven future Ram UFA's OL'ers {John Sullivan/ Rodger Saffold/ Rob Havenstein & Jamon Brown} & future UFA's DL'ers {Aaron Donald & Micheal Brockers}.
I thought Brockers resigned last year.
I would add one DL and at least one LB in FA as well as retaining Walker and Easley.

Ram65

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/29/giants-place-janoris-jenkins-on-injured-reserve/

Giants place Janoris Jenkins on injured reserve
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 29, 2017

If it weren’t for bad news, there would be no news coming out of the Giants facility at all.

The latest bad news is that cornerback Janoris Jenkins has been placed on injured reserve, according to Jordan Raanan of ESPN. Jenkins knew he was going to need ankle surgery, so it makes sense that he would go ahead and do it now: After the Giants benched Eli Manning in favor of Geno Smith, it was clear they were giving up on the season, so there’s no reason for Jenkins to try to tough it out and play through an injury.

It’s been a rough season for Jenkins, who has clashed with head coach Ben McAdoo and was suspended for one game. Although Jenkins is only two years into a five-year, $62.5 million contract, it wouldn’t be surprising to see the Giants release Jenkins this offseason.

So Jenkins will try to get healthy for an offseason in which he might be looking for a new team — and an offseason in which the Giants will make many, many changes.

I don't see a release or a trade for Jenkins. That would be crazy. Jenkins is a very competitive player that shows when he is playing with a bad ankle. He may be a knuckle head at times but, he is a player. I would take him. TruJo is not worth his price tag.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I thought Brockers resigned last year.
I would add one DL and at least one LB in FA as well as retaining Walker and Easley.
Not so sure about the Dom Easley comment but its interesting.... how many surgeries he has had since 2013 (four) I think his knees were about gone before he was signed here & before this last ACI tear earlier this season. Easley has only started 3 games since being drafted in 2014. If he signs very friendly contract yes.

I agree with you about NT Tyrunn Walker that's a no brainer. The NT post would be where I might entertain a veteran NT signing for a short 1 or 2 yr contract. Due to the fact the Rams will most likely draft a NT. Yes Brockers did sign a 3 yr contract {2017/2018/2019} I would want to utilized cap funds to extend him for an addition 2 yrs.

fearsomefour

Legend
Not so sure about the Dom Easley comment but its interesting.... how many surgeries he has had since 2013 (four) I think his knees were about gone before he was signed here & before this last ACI tear earlier this season. Easley has only started 3 games since being drafted in 2014. If he signs very friendly contract yes.

I agree with you about NT Tyrunn Walker that's a no brainer. The NT post would be where I might entertain a veteran NT signing for a short 1 or 2 yr contract. Due to the fact the Rams will most likely draft a NT. Yes Brockers did sign a 3 yr contract {2017/2018/2019} I would want to utilized cap funds to extend him for an addition 2 yrs.
Agree with extending Brockers.
Walker, resign.
Easley would have no choice but to sign a friendly deal. He is 24 or 25, still a young guy, low risk to me. A vet min deal for him, with some kickers if he stays able to play.
D. Poe is who I would love to get. I think he could play DE or inside in Wade's D.
A DL of Donald, Brockers, Poe.....backed up by Walker, Smart and Easley or a rookie looks pretty good to me.
Poe may be out of our price range with other things going on in terms of trying to keep our own, but, that is who I would target. If not him, then a traditional big space eater at NT.
I am investing the first pick at CB and two picks at OL, so, might be hard to find a difference maker in the draft using that approach.
I want to add a DL, one or two LB, a back up QB and maybe a OL in FA....a lot to ask and probably not doable given the number of FA we have.
Time to win a title.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Agree with extending Brockers.
Walker, resign.
Easley would have no choice but to sign a friendly deal. He is 24 or 25, still a young guy, low risk to me. A vet min deal for him, with some kickers if he stays able to play.
D. Poe is who I would love to get. I think he could play DE or inside in Wade's D.
A DL of Donald, Brockers, Poe.....backed up by Walker, Smart and Easley or a rookie looks pretty good to me.
Poe may be out of our price range with other things going on in terms of trying to keep our own, but, that is who I would target. If not him, then a traditional big space eater at NT.
I am investing the first pick at CB and two picks at OL, so, might be hard to find a difference maker in the draft using that approach.
I want to add a DL, one or two LB, a back up QB and maybe a OL in FA....a lot to ask and probably not doable given the number of FA we have.
Time to win a title.
Rams will retain 5/6th of the current DL losing only one reserve NT walker. Dom Easley has some better competition here now than he had last season. If he is damaged & hampered things look beak for his making a comeback as he did in 2016. Fox.Westbrooks & Smart have filled his void nicely so there is no real need for his 3 tech type play. its the Nose where there is a need.

No telling what happens with UFA NT Tyrunn Walker. He has played on 3 different teams since 2014. He also had injuries issues with the Lions & has yet never started more than 8 games in six seasons either. No way to know if he wants to be a 34 Nose or find a easier 43 DT post somewhere. Snead & Wade drafted Tanzel Smart to be the Wade type Nose, but the under 6-1 295 plus DL hit a rookie wall about 4 weeks ago & faded from the snap totals due to poor play. His abilities are clouded @ the moment & currently TS is playing behind Aaron Donald @ the 3 tech DT post.

Ref the future UFA NT Poe.......Wade does have access to a typical bodied Nose in Omarius Bryant {6-3 315 plus} who is signed to the PS currently. The DL has remained injury free thus far & Bryant has not been needed yet. We got a good look @ this UDFA rookie in pre season where we saw that this NT ...appeared to possesses the upper-body strength to rock blockers on initial contact. In pre season he stood up offensive linemen at the point of attack. He was rarely overpowered, consistently holds his ground at the line of scrimmage. We also saw that he is capable of disrupting run plays despite facing multiple blockers. So if the Rams do have a breakout of issues with runs up the middle we may see Bryant. Not telling what Bryant can develop into by next year in the Nose.

Morgan Fox 6-3 275 pounder & getting bigger & stronger will return under contract in 2018. I really like Fox's on field performance this season. Fox is now Brockers reserve since they moved Westbrooks into starting Nose. Fox is always around the ball. Fox is also friend of Donald. Fox in his reserve role he has 2.5 sacks a forced fumble & 12 tackles not bad. Fox came to the Rams as a rookie out of Colorado State-Pueblo @ 250 plus pounds.

Ethan Westbrooks will return also, but he has as a rough start to this season with personal issues & law enforcement entanglements ....on top of that he was suppose to be our 5 tech starting DE in this Wade D but Brockers got a chance to play his post & Westbrooks was history @ the 5 tech post. He is now our starting NT.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
Rams will retain 5/6th of the current DL losing only one reserve NT walker. Dom Easley has some better competition here now than he had last season. If he is damaged & hampered things look beak for his making a comeback as he did in 2016. Fox.Westbrooks & Smart have filled his void nicely so there is no real need for his 3 tech type play. its the Nose where there is a need.

No telling what happens with UFA NT Tyrunn Walker. He has played on 3 different teams since 2014. He also had injuries issues with the Lions & has yet never started more than 8 games in six seasons either. No way to know if he wants to be a 34 Nose or find a easier 43 DT post somewhere. Snead & Wade drafted Tanzel Smart to be the Wade type Nose, but the under 6-1 295 plus DL hit a rookie wall about 4 weeks ago & faded from the snap totals due to poor play. His abilities are clouded @ the moment & currently TS is playing behind Aaron Donald @ the 3 tech DT post.

Ref the future UFA NT Poe.......Wade does have access to a typical bodied Nose in Omarius Bryant {6-3 315 plus} who is signed to the PS currently. The DL has remained injury free thus far & Bryant has not been needed yet. We got a good look @ this UDFA rookie in pre season where we saw that this NT ...appeared to possesses the upper-body strength to rock blockers on initial contact. In pre season he stood up offensive linemen at the point of attack. He was rarely overpowered, consistently holds his ground at the line of scrimmage. We also saw that he is capable of disrupting run plays despite facing multiple blockers. So if the Rams do have a breakout of issues with runs up the middle we may see Bryant. Not telling what Bryant can develop into by next year in the Nose.

Morgan Fox 6-3 275 pounder & getting bigger & stronger will return under contract in 2018. I really like Fox's on field performance this season. Fox is now Brockers reserve since they moved Westbrooks into starting Nose. Fox is always around the ball. Fox is also friend of Donald. Fox in his reserve role he has 2.5 sacks a forced fumble & 12 tackles not bad. Fox came to the Rams as a rookie out of Colorado State-Pueblo @ 250 plus pounds.

Ethan Westbrooks will return also, but he has as a rough start to this season with personal issues & law enforcement entanglements ....on top of that he was suppose to be our 5 tech starting DE in this Wade D but Brockers got a chance to play his post & Westbrooks was history @ the 5 tech post. He is now our starting NT.
Not unusual for rookies of all positions to hit the "rookie" wall. As much about conditioning and contact as anything. And teams getting film in them in their current teams O or D.
Fox has been solid.
Westbrooks....ehhh
I want Poe because he can play all slots on the line. He is athletically very good.
Maybe Bryant can play in the NFL, maybe not.
If the team is close to winning titles going in the cheap to fill holes doesn't make sense to me. I would certainly retain Walker if possible and reasonable and try to find an upgrade in FA.