WR Josh Gordon traded to Patriots for a 5th

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I'm not saying the Rams should be in on this... But I'm not saying they shouldn't be.

I mean, it's a lot of mouths to feed at the receiver position and who knows if he carries his baggage over here instead of this being a fresh start...

That all said, this team has been aggressive in trying to improve. I mean, they were apparently willing to put up some nice draft picks for a year rental of Mack and allegedly were going after Gronk in the off-season as well. There were some recent contract restructures and the Rams actually have cap space for this season. What harm could be done in throwing a contract for this year at someone of Gordon's talent?

It sounds crazy and seems like it should be even more so, but it isn't too crazy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

so he injured his hamstring away from the team and came in late the next day. so they cut him. this after waiting 4 years for him to be clean.

makes sense.

I think it was more about him acting strangely at practice.

Ah I see. You're assuming he's guilty of smoking because of his past. Got it.

He wanted a bigger contract this summer. This could possibly be due to that. Also latest reports is that Josh hasn't failed a test.

He comes in to practice and is acting oddly. That is a pretty good indicator that he did some sort of drug. I had plenty of pill poppers, Coke heads, potheads, and alcoholics work for me in the past. It's easy to tell who medicated before work. If I were Cleveland, I'd have a zero tolerance policy too.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
id trade a late pick for him so no other contender can get him. if you feel hes bad for the locker room turn around and trade him but now you control where he goes (to an extent). doubt it will happen though

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not saying the Rams should be in on this... But I'm not saying they shouldn't be.

I mean, it's a lot of mouths to feed at the receiver position and who knows if he carries his baggage over here instead of this being a fresh start...

That all said, this team has been aggressive in trying to improve. I mean, they were apparently willing to put up some nice draft picks for a year rental of Mack and allegedly were going after Gronk in the off-season as well. There were some recent contract restructures and the Rams actually have cap space for this season. What harm could be done in throwing a contract for this year at someone of Gordon's talent?

It sounds crazy and seems like it should be even more so, but it isn't too crazy.
Josh Gordon ? In LA ? ... I couldn’t think of a worse mix if you tried ...

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I really hope he doesn't go to the Pat's or the Seahawks. When in his right mind this dude is a top 5 reciever

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Well done Browns. Sounds to me they had particular rules set in place for Gordon and he violated them - they have been more than patient with him over the years. If he's being taking drugs / alcohol then he should be unable to play for another NFL team IMO.

He reminds me of this song:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If all of Josh Gordon's problems have been about marijuana then I actually feel for the guy. I know some won't agree with me but a guy smoking some weed on his time off is a garbage reason to destroy his career. If there's more to it than that then I can understand but nobody will ever convince me that the NFL's (who promote alcohol use) policy on weed is fair.

His bigger problem has always been alcohol and dealing with his addiction to it.

Moreover, he may be bipolar. He tends to be manic one moment and beyond depressed the next.

Can he succeed in such a high profile profession with the physical talent he has?

It's possible, but the definition of success wouldn't be off the rack.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As I said, it's a gamble - but if a team is short a receiver to have a chance to be a playoff caliber team or a championship caliber team - well, there really is no other way to get a potentially top guy (or even a mid range guy) at this stage, except by gambling. The pick will likely be conditional to some extent, of course. But if he's whacked out on drugs (and there was no drug test, just he was late to practice and seemed weird, which could be many things) then he still managed to score a touchdown in his first game this season, with a sub-par QB throwing to him.

It just says desperation to me, and that's not a good look. How can anyone trust him not to self destruct, especially come playoff time?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really hope he doesn't go to the Pat's or the Seahawks. When in his right mind this dude is a top 5 reciever
but when has he ever shown the capability to be in his right mind?

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
If you can't play for the Browns that in it's self is a huge red flag. Let him go to the Seachickens, I'm sure our DB's can shut him down.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I had a friend who was addicted to pain killers & other drugs. Getting injured has a way of making those voices in your head crank up into overdrive: "you're hurting, aren't you? You know you just need to pop one pill... just one, that one you hid just for a time like this..." In Gordon's case, "you know you can't afford to miss a game for a stupid hamstring you got, it wasn't your fault, etc." It takes supernatural will power to resist a temptation like this. Unless you've fought addiction, you can't say he's being a knucklehead, that's assuming he's just being stupid. If I'm right & he tried to self medicate his hamstring injury, at a critical point in his comeback, it would be tragic but he needs to admit it & get help. With a LOT of support he could still be a productive player.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I agree, he needs to admit that he has a problem and get straightened out before any team takes a chance on him, maybe next season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Screenshot_2.jpg

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I think it was more about him acting strangely at practice.

He comes in to practice and is acting oddly. That is a pretty good indicator that he did some sort of drug. I had plenty of pill poppers, Coke heads, potheads, and alcoholics work for me in the past. It's easy to tell who medicated before work. If I were Cleveland, I'd have a zero tolerance policy too.

It's certainly one possible explanation. We're also talking about a person with mental health issues, including severe anxiety, who just re-injured himself in a non-football activity right before a game. It may be some kind of relapse, but wouldn't say weird behavior for Gordon is automatically drugs or alcohol.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Josh Gordon ? In LA ? ... I couldn’t think of a worse mix if you tried ...
Maybe Houston. You put this guy back in the environment he started doing drugs at like 11 years old, you might as well just kick him out now.