WR Josh Gordon traded to Patriots for a 5th

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What a fucking idiot.

Maybe he can get 50K a year in the CFL.

Nobody in the NFL is going to touch this guy.

And before any of you go off about his talent go look at his game logs.

He's not a special player.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If all of Josh Gordon's problems have been about marijuana then I actually feel for the guy. I know some won't agree with me but a guy smoking some weed on his time off is a garbage reason to destroy his career. If there's more to it than that then I can understand but nobody will ever convince me that the NFL's (who promote alcohol use) policy on weed is fair.

There are plenty of businesses that have a policy barring weed. Fair or unfair, he has to comply with it. Refusing to stop smoking weed is his choice. And he gets to face the consequences for it.

Ram65

Legend
If he was on something then what are the Browns suppose to do?

He has had his chances. For some it's just too hard to get off the stuff. IIRC he has multiple addictions.

tempests

Hall of Fame
If all of Josh Gordon's problems have been about marijuana then I actually feel for the guy. I know some won't agree with me but a guy smoking some weed on his time off is a garbage reason to destroy his career. If there's more to it than that then I can understand but nobody will ever convince me that the NFL's (who promote alcohol use) policy on weed is fair.

Gordon has been abusing a variety of substances by his own admission. Xanax, codeine, alcohol, marijuana. He said he never played a game without drinking and smoking pot beforehand.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Gordon has been abusing a variety of substances by his own admission. Xanax, codeine, alcohol, marijuana. He said he never played a game without drinking and smoking pot beforehand.

That makes more sense. I didn't know about all those substances or game time use. I maintain my opinion that the leagues policy on marijuana use is unfair and hypocritical, but sounds like a lot more going on beside some off time recreational use.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are plenty of businesses that have a policy barring weed. Fair or unfair, he has to comply with it. Refusing to stop smoking weed is his choice. And he gets to face the consequences for it.
personal responsibility is a losing argument, counselor

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Lots of good landing spots out there if it ever all got put together. I’d be hard pressed to take much of a gamble on him as a GM.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It shouldn't be a rule, but it is. All the players know it's a rule. If a player wants to choose weed over an NFL career, then he's a fool.
They can smoke all they want in a few, short years when their career is over.
Or they can smoke now and go work at a car lot

RamWoodie

Legend
The guy was on a contract for $790K which should tell us he fell off the wagon again. The only way I see him in the NFL again is if a team is desperate.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The guy was on a contract for $790K which should tell us he fell off the wagon again. The only way I see him in the NFL again is if a team is desperate.

Someone is going to give him another chance - they may even trade something for the opportunity to give him a chance.

It might not be the right move but it’s going to happen.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Someone is going to give him another chance - they may even trade something for the opportunity to give him a chance.

It might not be the right move but it’s going to happen.

If your team has a major hole at receiver, this is likely the only opportunity you'll have during the season to fill it. It's undoubtedly a gamble, but if all it costs the team is a mid to low round pick, a tiny bit of cap room, and the need to monitor him, it is likely a worthwhile gamble for some teams. The Rams don't have a particular need for him, but other teams do.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
A mid round pick is a lot to ask at this point. If he fails a drug test, gets arrested - you don’t get that pick back.

If he is using, even if he doesn’t get suspended, how likely is he to be productive for you?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A mid round pick is a lot to ask at this point. If he fails a drug test, gets arrested - you don’t get that pick back.

If he is using, even if he doesn’t get suspended, how likely is he to be productive for you?

As I said, it's a gamble - but if a team is short a receiver to have a chance to be a playoff caliber team or a championship caliber team - well, there really is no other way to get a potentially top guy (or even a mid range guy) at this stage, except by gambling. The pick will likely be conditional to some extent, of course. But if he's whacked out on drugs (and there was no drug test, just he was late to practice and seemed weird, which could be many things) then he still managed to score a touchdown in his first game this season, with a sub-par QB throwing to him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That makes more sense. I didn't know about all those substances or game time use. I maintain my opinion that the leagues policy on marijuana use is unfair and hypocritical, but sounds like a lot more going on beside some off time recreational use.
Unfair and hypocritical or not it's the rule per the CBA and players have to abide by it. If they want to change it badly enough they will have that opportunity in the next negotiations it's all a question of what they're willing to concede to do it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Said it for a couple of years now. No thank you he's not worth the pick or the headache.