What Vikings Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I really think some people (including Rams fans) underestimate just how dangerous Austin is. I can fucking guarantee you that the Vikes DC is not one of those people. He is an absolute nightmare because of all the ways he can be used. Without TA, this team looks a lot different IMO, and a lot MORE one dimensional than they already are....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
No Viking homers on this board, eh? :sneaky:
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2015/11/7/9687228/st-louis-rams-at-minnesota-vikings-who-ya-got

St. Louis Rams at Minnesota Vikings: WHO YA GOT?!
By Christopher Gates@DailyNorseman on Nov 7, 2015

GettyImages-495275776.0.jpg

It's prediction time again, ladies and gentlemen, as we gear up for this Sunday's match-up between the St. Louis Rams and your Minnesota Vikings at TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis.

Just like everyone else, I'm expecting a very physical contest between these two teams. Defensively, these are two of the best teams in the NFL, and I don't anticipate there being a whole lot of scoring. (Apparently, the sharps in Vegas don't, either, as the over/under for this one has been set at 40).

The running backs in this game figure to be prominently featured, as Adrian Peterson and Todd Gurley are both in the top 5 in the NFL in rushing thus far. Peterson's numbers against Chicago, on the surface, weren't that much better than what he had against Detroit the previous week, but he was much more consistent, and hopefully he can keep that consistency going this week. Gurley, on the other hand, has been just destroying teams since he was inserted into the lineup, and the Vikings will have their hands full slowing him down.

With two backs of that caliber, this one might end up coming down to the passing game. As we know, Teddy Bridgewater wasn't great against Chicago, but he was great when he needed to be, leading the Vikings to ten points in the final three minutes to pull out the win. On the other side,Nick Foles has had his moments as well. . .he has a similiar touchdown-to-interception ratio to Bridgewater, but four of his five interceptions on the season came in one game.

However, he hasn't broken the 200-yard passing mark since Week 1, and only has multiple touchdown passes in one game this year. Bridgewater completes a significantly higher percentage of his passes than Foles does (64.5% for Bridgewater, 58.7% for Foles), but their yards/attempt figures are fairly similar, as are their quarterback ratings (85.5 for Bridgewater, 81.7 for Foles).

Defensively, it's tough to say that either team has an advantage, though the absence of Sharrif Floyd and Eric Kendricks definitely plays to the Rams' advantage. Mike Zimmer has gotten a lot of good play from the depth players on the squad when he's needed to, so hopefully there won't be a significant drop-off with Audie Cole starting in the middle for Minnesota.

This one's going to be a slugfest, I think. Gurley and Peterson are going to trade punches all afternoon, and. . .to keep the boxing analogy going. . .it's going to come down to who has the better cornerman. And even though Teddy Bridgewater has had his issues at times this year, I don't see a compelling reason to believe that he's going to get outplayed by Nick Foles. Being at home after a couple of tough divisional road contests should play to Minnesota's advantage as well.

I'll go Vikings 20, Rams 17 in what could be the best game of the weekend for Week 9 in the NFL.

Who do you have, ladies and gentlemen?
--------
I really can't decided who wins this game so logic says pick the home team. Vikings 27 Rams 24
-------
Walsh kicks his 4th FG of the game as time expires.
19-17 Vikings
-------
I love that the Vikings are not getting any love from the national media
They seem to think this is the same team that showed up in San Francisco opening week. Good luck with that.
-------
17-7 Vikings
-------
On paper, it is Vikes 19-14
Based on offensive and defensive team performance, adjusted for strength of competition and handicapped for home game at TCF.

If both teams play within their relative previous performance levels, the outcome could range between 22-8 VIkes to 18-13 Rams.

I have this suspicion that Uncle Norval is going to take the governor off of the throttle of the jalopy that is the MV offense Sunday, and Teddy and Co. are going to take it out on the open highway and see what it will do against a very good defense at home. I think we will see the play book start to open up a bit, and more pieces falling into place, so I expect more than the previous level of play from the offense (relative to the strength of the Rams defense, anyway).

I’m going with a 24-14 Vikings victory.

I believe that it is highly unlikely that the Vikes lose in a shoot-out to the Rams, so with an o/u of 40 (and previous performance suggesting scores considerably below that amount), and only 2 point favorites at home, it looks like Vegas has presented an interesting hedge opportunity.
---------
Diggs/TD Teddy will prove too much at home with Walsh again sealing it at the whistle.
17-14 Vikes.
--------
52-49 Vikings
--------
With Floyd and Kendricks out I could see Gurley getting just enough space to be a problem.
So I think the Rams take it 20-17
-------
20-17 Vikes
I think the defense continues to do their job, while adding a defensive TD. The offense will do just enough, but will remain inconsistent do to the o-line play which will require keeping Ruldolph in to block limiting Teddy’s options.
--------
16-13 Vikes
Walsh gets one more FG then Greg the Leg, defense comes up with a big game sealer late.
--------
31-13 Vikings. Offense is dinged up and defense is also dinged up so
it’s going to be up to special teams to make an impact and make the difference this Sunday. Patterson goes wild on KOR’s and Sherrels the same with PR’s giving us either TD’s or excellent field position for AP, Diggs, Wallace, Theilen and Wright to take it the rest of the way. Gotta keep the stupid penalties down again, and for the love of Odin, PROTECTTEDDY!!! . Make the catches, please and hang on to the ball, pretty please. Let’s have a good, competitive game with relatively few, if any, injuries.
--------
2-2 tie!
defenses each score a safety
-------
Am I the only one?
Who is tired of hearing how badass the Rams are? Ram’s dline will murder TB…Kendricks and Sharif are hurt…Sendeblows…blah,blah,blah. Screw that noise!

Its called confidence, and this team has a lot of it. Plus playing at the Bank. Vikes FTW!
--------
Go Vikes! Hoping for a blowout in the Vikings favor. Even then, we'd probably earn no respect because the Rams would
drop to a .500 team and pundits will say, "But the Vikings still haven’t beaten a team over .500"
-------
56-6 Rams
The Rams fans coming here this week and gloating about beating the Browns and Niners without giving up a touchdown really swayed me. Plus that Nick Foles led offense. Can’t forget about the HoF RB in the backfield either.
--------
Don't have a good feeling about this one.
And really bummed Kendricks is out. This is THE game! This is the game that decides if we’re a playoff team or an average 8-8, imo. Can we please get the offense going tomorrow? Would love to experiment with CJ starting opposite of Diggs. Both guys know how to get open. They’ll never sit Wallace though.
--------
Eh, both teams could lose this game and still make the playoffs. I'm not seeing the win or bust
most people are labeling this game as, on both sides. The Vikings still play quite a few opponents that are in the wildcard hunt.

With that said having 6 wins after next week, will greatly improve our chances to making the playoffs.
---------
IF the Vikings dont put up 20+ points they will lose
I think the Rams are going to take advantage of the Vikings getting up to stop the run. Safety’s creeping up playing close to the line of scrimmage. Rams just dont run at you. They use misdirection running plays and use Austin in power sweeps from the WR position. Like we use to do 3 years ago with Patterson. This is the formation the rams could exploited the DE’s and Linebackers.

Vikings Linebackers and DE’s have to show discipline. As fast as Gurley is getting to the outside on sweeps. This is going to cause breakdowns in the LB Core. Audi is going to have to be fast enough to help Greenwood on those sweeps. But, The read of the play is important they dont get caught in a counter run like the last 5 teams have against the run. This is how the MLB takes himself out of the play and Gurley breaks of a huge run between the tackles.

The Rams are running our old offense from 3 years ago. Then just a fake then Foley takes a couple of steps back Could catch the Vikings slipping on quick slants or deep middle to Austin in the slot like we did with J.wright. Catch a Safety coming up and Austin running by the safety. The safety that plays with Smith. Discipline discipline discipline on defense is a huge key.

The Vikings huge key is Teddy. Vikings need to throw on 1st down play action and complete these passes down field for big yardage and not a check down. This will open up the Rams and make it easier to run the ball. Rams are going to try and stuff Peterson early and the Vikings have to take advantage of this. Passing passing passing early and often is the Key to the Vikings putting up 20+ and help to build a two score lead early.

Just like the Vikings the Rams wont abandon the run. Even if they are only getting 2 yards per carry. Both teams have that back to take it to the House. Gurley is a physical RB and DB’s better be tackling him low or they are going to be in for a surprise like the DB’s in Peterson rookie year found out.
---------
I know the Rams have defense and have an explosive Running back
but as usual, this game will come down to the silent Killer, Teddy Bridgewater. He will be efficient, limit mistakes and methodically wear the Rams down, so in the 4th quarter, his magic super saiyan powers will become activated. And he will devour the almighty great Ram defense. Then they’re left wondering how a guy with skinny knees and a noodle arm could accomplish such a mighty task.
--------
Dont take the Rams record lightly
They have beat Seattle and the Cardinals this season and in the last 4 games with Gurley being the starting RB are 3-1. The Rams are coming in here believing they are the team everyone disrespects and can show the NFL they can win big games on the road.

Rams believing they have the best RB and will punish a bang up front 7 of the fighting. Gurley like to deliver the blow and not receive the blow. Sound like someone we know. Vikings will need the crowd to help pump them up. The Rams are no Joke and are a lot better than teams with better records. The Vikings better be ready to play.
--------
Well, whether us fans take a team lightly or not has no bearing on the players who actually play.
I’m pretty sure both sides have a chip on their shoulders and nothing Vikings fans or Rams fans say, will ultimately have any leeway on the outcome of the game. As long as the players and coaches are taking the Rams seriously, the Vikings should be fine.
---------
You are right and wrong
Fans have no bearing in the out come of the score. But, The roar of the crowd can effect the out come of games. Have seen it to many times. Home team Players get fired up. Other teams panic cant hear the count and cause penalty’s down by their own goal line. QB’s get nervous and get gun shy. Either toss INT or get sack.

Foley isn’t a great veteran and cant be rattled and the roar of he crowd isnt helping him. Only the silence of the crowd would. Coaches always take the other team serious and the other team does too But, Players that play teams every year and are use to the team skill level and were to exploit other teams weakness or key players out on one team and exploit that weakness.

This is a big area that Billacheat does with perfection and Tom or defense attack that weakness. So I agree that coaches and players(depending who is the coach) take the game serious up to a point and Fans always are a big part of the team success home with the vocal support at games and on the Road with vocal support through the Media and other social out lets.

Players listen to the radio shows or what fans think. Teams like the Vikings and Rams are starting up that hill where the Pats Broncos Packers have been setting for almost a decade and are getting ready to push some one off the top to start their reign. I think Fans play a huge part of their teams success.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
IT also could be the game where adrian goes for 200 and 3 tds.
Who knows???(y)
Or, He could go for 20 yards on 5 carries and get a high ankle sprain!!:LOL::D " On any-given-Sunday!!":argue::mrburnsevil:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
56-6 Rams
The Rams fans coming here this week and gloating about beating the Browns and Niners without giving up a touchdown really swayed me. Plus that Nick Foles led offense. Can’t forget about the HoF RB in the backfield either.
This^ is the smartest guy in the Bunch!!:D Although the score seems a bit "Low" on the Rams side!!(y):rolllaugh:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Same to you Homers. Seriously you guys think any fan other than a rams fan is completely and utterly wrong. There is zero chance that they can have a opinion of their own and that opinion could be right at all.

Nobody here thinks that way, we actually have good intelligent converstions with many non Rams fans, but we get the not so intelligent trolls also. Anyone that thinks the vikings have played more than 1 good team to this point would fall into the latter, and the Broncos O was atrocious until this past week when they actually did something. The Rams O may not be doing much right now but it is only a matter of time til they explode on someone, and the Rams D is a legit top 6 D where as the vikings D seems to have a few holes the first of which plays right into Gurleys big day. Being #25 in yards per carry is nothing to hang your hat on.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Same to you Homers. Seriously you guys think any fan other than a rams fan is completely and utterly wrong. There is zero chance that they can have a opinion of their own and that opinion could be right at all.

In fairness, I haven't seen anything from us that says all 5 of our WR's are faster than all of yours. I mean, come on, if you haven't watched Austin play you shouldn't comment like that. It's just silly.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Based on offensive and defensive team performance, adjusted for strength of competition and handicapped for home game at TCF.

If both teams play within their relative previous performance levels, the outcome could range between 22-8 VIkes to 18-13 Rams.

I have this suspicion that Uncle Norval is going to take the governor off of the throttle of the jalopy that is the MV offense Sunday, and Teddy and Co. are going to take it out on the open highway and see what it will do against a very good defense at home. I think we will see the play book start to open up a bit, and more pieces falling into place, so I expect more than the previous level of play from the offense (relative to the strength of the Rams defense, anyway).

If they try opening up the O, the only pieces they will see falling are going to be falling off of TB and any reciever that makes a catch in the secondary.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Generalize much? The same can be said of most any fan base including your own. The Rams have a young and mediocre O-line. Nick Foles is not playing well for various reasons. We have a lot of injured players at this time. Our wide receivers don't have what NFL fans consider to be a #1 type among them. Our TE's are average at best. Does that sound like a homer to you?

Most Rams fans here recognize our team's weaknesses but also know our potential. Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning, Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, Carson Palmer and many other QB's, teams and coaches can attest that it's not wise to underestimate this particular Rams team.

Yeah, one thing I learned not to do us assume anything when it comes to the Rams. I did not expect to beat Seattle in game one. I really never expected to go into AZ and beat the Cardinals in their house. But in the same token I didn't expect to lay an egg in Washington. Just like last year I didn't think we could put a beat down on Peyton Manning. But I didn't expect to get toasted at home to a 5-9 Giants team.

I take pride in the fact that we can beat anybody. But I don't take anything for granted because I know we can lose to anyone. This game is probably the biggest game in the Fisher era when it comes to playoff implications. We'll find out if they are truly a contender.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

If they try opening up the O, the only pieces they will see falling are going to be falling off of TB and any reciever that makes a catch in the secondary.

Yeah, they like to push the envelope with hits on ball carriers. Even if it means an occasional flag. Those hits start causing short arm catches and one eye on the defender while trying to catch the ball. After a while, they wonder if its worth laying themselves out for a catch. Kapernick learned early in last game what happens when you try and become a runner with the ball if you don't slide.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
This game could very well be the best matchup of the NFL season, providing both teams show and play A ball. This should be a prime time tilt on the national stage. Win the turnover battle and minimize the penalties boys! Go Rams!!

NorvZimmer

UDFA
I can't wait til tomorrow. Seriously this is going to be a good game, and to the rams fans on this board that think that the vikings are over rated and haven't faced a good team yet, you are going to be in for a surprise. Those same rams fans that think that the rams are far superior to the vikings are gonna be surprised also (I know that means they will be surprised twice because they are probably the same fans.)

What makes this game of football great is that the season is only 16 games long, and on any given sunday you never know what is going to happen. Every game matter, every play happens and matters, also do not be so overconfident in your team. It will bite you in the end.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I can't wait til tomorrow. Seriously this is going to be a good game, and to the rams fans on this board that think that the vikings are over rated and haven't faced a good team yet, you are going to be in for a surprise. Those same rams fans that think that the rams are far superior to the vikings are gonna be surprised also (I know that means they will be surprised twice because they are probably the same fans.)

What makes this game of football great is that the season is only 16 games long, and on any given sunday you never know what is going to happen. Every game matter, every play happens and matters, also do not be so overconfident in your team. It will bite you in the end.
Nobody said it would be a cakewalk for the Rams, it will be a good tough game. But the Vikings have still only played 1
team that could be considered above average and have not faced a D as aggressive and physical as the Rams.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Pretty sure knowledgeable Rams fans realize it will take their A game to escape Minnyhahna with a W

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Are the Vikings overrated? Here's a look at their wins this year:

Lions 1-7
Chargers 2-6
Chiefs 3-5
Lions 1-7
Bears 2-5

They lost to the 2-6 49ers and to a good Broncos team.

Total record of teams they beat: 8-23

Until they beat a more formidable team I would consider the 5-2 record overrated. A result of a very easy schedule. In fact the only team with a winning record so far is the Broncos.

The Rams have had it easy the past couple weeks. Their schedule has not been as easy as the vikings, but a couple teams they beat were not that good. This is a big test for both teams.

RPMcMurphy

UDFA
I am a Moderator on a Vike's board and there is little difference between here and there. We both love our teams and sometimes we drink a touch of Kool-Aid, some more than others. I think this will be a hell of a game. Gurley is a beast and AP better play well. I think Diggs can hang with Austin though... should be a great game, here's to no injuries...
RP

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I would have wished to see both teams at Full Strength tomorrow. I had no clue McDonald had an injury after seeing his Mic'd up video. I did love seeing Mo Alexander play lights out though last week in his few plays played he made the very most of them 3 tackles qb hit in 6 plays. I guess he only saw the filed due to a possible McDonald injury? I had heard Fisher was pulling people to rest them. Now we hear Tim has a foot. A foot? Not an ankle. I so wish we knew more.

To not have Long we have been able to rise to new heights. Now we are in the dark on Quinn & Hayes and Longacre has been brought up to the 53? We know Quinn has a knee but I'd like to see him play at a lower level in this bigger game and rest him against a tough bears team at home. Please don't tell me Hayes' thigh bruise is too painfull to play?

We need one of our Vet DE's to abuse Clemmings the rookie OT they start. Simms must avoid the Personal Fouls and just play a solid game as his bull rush and run stopping are right up his alley. If Simms gets a bead on TB I'm afraid he will try to dig his grave and it'l draw the hanky. Must not hurt the team.

How our South Florida UDFA (Williams) OT plays will be HUGE tomorrow as our rookie ORT that had not given up a sack all year has an achilles(Thats Scarey). Me love some Havenstein . Wish we knew how bad it is. We can't risk our TOP Rated rookie OT. Who woulda thought that ? Who will Coach Paul have as our swing OL ? I thought we came out of that 9er game clean. I even figured C. Long was saving himself for this game. NOPE:poop:.

We had been doin okay with injuries except for a Top CB (Gaines) & Top tackler LB Ogletree. Joyner has the 4th most tackles now. Marquez has only ONE less tackle than our FA (LB) Ayers. That is NOT good. We do have Great Special Teams though. Hekker will be a GIANT for us tomorrow . Just not outkicking our coverage like he did in Washington. Pin Em' DEEP!

Brian Quick WILL reappear tomorrow to Many's surprise.(My Prediction) Think Cookie will continue his contributions as he does not play with heart like so many we have do. I personally believe Cookie loves the money more than the game. It shows too.:( James Laurinaitis makes up for ALL playing Without HEART. GO CAPTAIN!:boxing:

" ALL GAS NO BREAKS " is our Defenses motto and we will NEED that for 60 minutes . With our new updated injuries my 3 point win is now a TIE game. Ya'll be gentle with me as I Want this game worse than most as these guys we play and I go back 50+ years . Besides the GSOT Playoff game against Randy Moss' viqueens to our WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP I still have that MudBowl in 69" I want payback for. They lived off Chuck Foreman (RB) and /Gene washington and Carl Eller and Allen Page on "D" . So almost a lot like this same vikes team. Same exact Formula.

We need someone to step up Big on "O" . I think Foles has a Much better 1st Quarter and hope adjustments are brought as we do so well sometimes in BIG Games. This is a BIG Game. I'm pizzed over our late informed injuries and the level has me concerned. I know Mo Alexander will be AWESOME if called on. He is gonna be Great for the RAMS. Mark Barron is so good and at such a high level like Davis for the Panthers but Davis plays at 15lbs heavier. Hope we resign Barron as he fits our SS/LB scheme so well and I hope they have him add a dozen lbs of muscle so he won't take as much damage over time.

McCleod is gonna have a Big Game in Run&Pass, Also Westbrooks at DE will be huge in replacement duty.
RAMS TACKLES

James Laurinaitis 52
Mark Barron 49
Alec Ogletree 42
T.J. McDonald 40
Lamarcus Joyner 39
Trumaine Johnson 36
Janoris Jenkins 33
Rodney McLeod 29
Aaron Donald 27
Michael Brockers 26
Robert Quinn 21
William Hayes 18
Nick Fairley 12
Chris Long 10
Akeem Ayers 8
Ethan Westbrooks 8
Marcus Roberson 7
Bradley Marquez 7
Eugene Sims 5
Maurice Alexander 5
[espn.go.com]

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I am a Moderator on a Vike's board and there is little difference between here and there. We both love our teams and sometimes we drink a touch of Kool-Aid, some more than others. I think this will be a hell of a game. Gurley is a beast and AP better play well. I think Diggs can hang with Austin though... should be a great game, here's to no injuries...
RP
So Vikings fans aren't crazy? Is that what you're saying? I can see you firing up your board pre game right now....
200.gif

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Nobody said it would be a cakewalk for the Rams, it will be a good tough game. But the Vikings have still only played 1
team that could be considered above average and have not faced a D as aggressive and physical as the Rams.
So, the Ram defense is better than the Broncos?

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
What I am trying to figure out is this. If Tavon Austin is so good, why does he only average 40 yards a game? Anyone?