What Vikings Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NorvZimmer

UDFA
Even you know this RAMS "D" may force AP to the Bench. I said that. I think you will be searching for a RB that can get anything going. Both Packer stud RB's could'nt get crap. I think #44 for the Packers is as good as todays AP. Maybe better as a reciever. I've seen the stats on the last 4 weeks that AP has had and you have too yet for some Unknown reason you think he can TRIPLE that production against the toughest "D" you are gonna see all season. This is a Greg Williams "D" that kept you viqueens out of another SB so they would'nt be 0-5 now. You can thank him.

Our DT's are taking handoffs in other teams backfields. Do you and your backup Center need more of a CLUE?? Now you are missing a guy I liked in the draft but also thought he might be too small for the NFL. I was actually hoping he could play, knowing he could'nt bring TGII down by himself on no given day. Now we have to see a backup? Wow you guys don't seem to be the rotation stay fresh bunch we are built for. What in HEAVENS are you gonna do in TGII's 4TH Quarter RAMPAGE???

Who's gonna catch Tavon Austin? Hard to match that quickness in practice if its not on your team. My biggest question is how good is your BACKUP QB??? :icare: NO RAM INJURIES!!!:cool:
Shhh be quiet.
You lost all credibility when you said james starks is as good as AP.
The packers have 2 stud rbs? Starks is ok, Lacy is fat and won't do anything this year.

NorvZimmer

UDFA
Even you know this RAMS "D" may force AP to the Bench. I said that. I think you will be searching for a RB that can get anything going. Both Packer stud RB's could'nt get crap. I think #44 for the Packers is as good as todays AP. Maybe better as a reciever. I've seen the stats on the last 4 weeks that AP has had and you have too yet for some Unknown reason you think he can TRIPLE that production against the toughest "D" you are gonna see all season. This is a Greg Williams "D" that kept you viqueens out of another SB so they would'nt be 0-5 now. You can thank him.

Our DT's are taking handoffs in other teams backfields. Do you and your backup Center need more of a CLUE?? Now you are missing a guy I liked in the draft but also thought he might be too small for the NFL. I was actually hoping he could play, knowing he could'nt bring TGII down by himself on no given day. Now we have to see a backup? Wow you guys don't seem to be the rotation stay fresh bunch we are built for. What in HEAVENS are you gonna do in TGII's 4TH Quarter RAMPAGE???

Who's gonna catch Tavon Austin? Hard to match that quickness in practice if its not on your team. My biggest question is how good is your BACKUP QB??? :icare: NO RAM INJURIES!!!:cool:
And hahahahahahahahaba 5 Wr on our team are faster than austin.
Diggs
Wright
Wallace
CP84
Theilen
Johnson
Wait, let me make that 6

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I agree, it seems like the main one that keeps coming up from the rams side Is about the vikings haven't beat anyone good.
At the end of the week it doesn't matter who you beat, a win is a win.
Nah, Win/Loss records are concrete. You haven't beaten a good team yet, that's a fact, not an analytical number. Doesn't mean the Vikings aren't a good team, i believe they are.
PFF, +/- in basketball are a couple examples of what i'm talking about when evaluating players. It's mostly bullshit. 22 guys on a football field, 10 guys on a basketball court. It's not a miraculous invention of math & science. It's highly quantifiable numbers that can be put down on a spreadsheet or a blog to satisfy those who aren't willing to debate using the Dawn of Mankind eye test. I'm not buying any of that.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
And hahahahahahahahaba 5 Wr on our team are faster than austin.
Diggs 4.46
Wright 4.42
Wallace 4.33
CP84 4.42
Theilen 4.49
Johnson 4.39
Wait, let me make that 6

Austin 4.34

40s are in bold. Looks like you have one WR that's faster than Tavon. I'm not sure any of them are as good in the open field as him, though. Wallace is the better deep threat, no doubt.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Conventional wisdom would dictate AD will be pretty jacked up for this game... He probably feels primed for a 200 yard game, then again how that saying go? "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the nose".

Dudes better days are behind him, that should be obvious, On the other hand TGs just getting started, gotta like what we've seen after the first 4 games.

This has all the makings of great game, can't wait. Foles better be ready to call some audibles... He doesn't seem be very good at that to date

NorvZimmer

UDFA
But do they say "Yah" and "okay then" all the time? I'm German born from German parents. English is my second language so this linguistic stuff interests me.
I guess I say Yah a lot, and okay then. But, that show and to extremes the movie Fargo... we dont talk like that. Oh ya you betcha

NorvZimmer

UDFA
Austin 4.34

40s are in bold. Looks like you have one WR that's faster than Tavon. I'm not sure any of them are as good in the open field as him, though. Wallace is the better deep threat, no doubt.

I would be willing to bet on CP84, wright, diggs are all better in the open field.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
My opinion of CP84 is he is a bum who don't get it.
He was asked to meet with a "special trainer" in the off season and didn't. I think that this trainer was Tim Brown, to help him with his route running.
CP84 is our 6 WR, if he wasn't our kick returner "which I don't think he is needed for" he would be inactive.
He will more than likely be cut after this year, such a waste of talent.
He just won't put in the effort, and I think Zimmer is a coach who won't put up with it.
That's too bad. A lot of us, including myself, saw this dude, as an amazing talent.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I would be willing to bet on CP84, wright, diggs are all better in the open field.
Your WR's vs ours as a whole? For sure.
Individually vs T.Austin? I wouldn't be willing to bet on that.
Getting initial separation is an issue with Tavon due to his size, but YAC and making three defenders look stupid in the open field is what he does. I believe that he's in the top 15 among WR's in total YAC.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Average rushing yards/game this season:
Gurley 115
Austin 20.1

If the Rams can get anything going downfield at all in the passing game it's pretty much over for the competition when you take into account our defense and special teams' play. Rams have work to do there for sure. It's the fatal flaw right now. IMO though, teams haven't done a very good job of taking away the Rams' one dimensional attack so far. I keep waiting for it to happen but the Gurley/Tavon LOS show keeps rolling.

NorvZimmer

UDFA
Your WR's vs ours as a whole? For sure.
Individually vs T.Austin? I wouldn't be willing to bet on that.
Getting initial separation is an issue with Tavon due to his size, but YAC and making three defenders look stupid in the open field is what he does. I believe that he's in the top 15 among WR's in total YAC.
Maybe, I guess I am not sure. But I h ave not seen much from him this year, all I have seen is when he was a rookie he was supposed to be the cats meow. The following 3 years.... nothing.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Maybe, I guess I am not sure. But I h ave not seen much from him this year, all I have seen is when he was a rookie he was supposed to be the cats meow. The following 3 years.... nothing.
Well there's still a heavy debate here among Rams fans what Tavon Austin really is.
In short, I'm of the opinion that he'll never be a consistent outside, vertical downfield threat, but he has come into his own as a versatile offensive weapon who needs to be accounted for on every play. A game changer who will never be "the #1 anything" so to speak. He'll always be an elite PR.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2015/11/6/9684460/five-good-questions-with-turf-show-times

Five Good Questions With Turf Show Times
By Ted Glover@purplebuckeye on Nov 6, 2015

usa-today-8898023.0.jpg

Denny Medley-USA TODAY Sports

The SB Nation St. Louis Rams blog stops by to answer some questions we had about the game, and the Rams.

When people utter the name Joe McAtee, several things come to mind--Defender Of Truth, Justice, and The American Way, tireless advocate for making Taco Tuesday a national holiday...every Tuesday...Twitter Icon, inventor of the three ring binder, and writer savant for the SB Nation St. Louis Rams site Turf Show Times.

As the Writer Savant for TFT, he took my mediocre questions and made them look pretty damn good with his answers. So, let's give Joe a warm Daily Norseman SKOL, and enjoy this week's edition of 5 Good Questions. I reciprocated in kind, and when my answers to his questions are posted over at TFT, we'll cross post them to the main page.

1) The last time the Vikings met the Rams, in week one of last year, the quarterback for your team was supposed to be Sam Bradford, but he had just suffered another season ending knee injury. In the off season, the Rams moved on from Bradford, trading him to Philly for Nick Foles and some picks.

I live here in St. Louis, and the pulse of the fan at the time was that it was a great trade for the Rams. Fast forward to today, and the Rams are, statistically anyways, the worst passing offense in the NFL. Are Rams fans happy with Foles, or happier that Bradford is gone, and what's been the major issue with throwing the ball this year?

Well, I think you have to separate the play issue from the availability issue for Bradford. I don't think it's fair to compare Nick Foles' statistics to Bradfords' only because Bradford wasn't on the field for the Rams in the last year and a half. That, to me, is what justified the trade for the Rams in that they had to move on. The lack of reliability was affecting how they built the team around the position. Moving on was the sensible move for the Rams and for Bradford.

As for Foles, I think he's in a tough position. He doesn't have reliable weapons on the outside or as possession-first options. His primary tight end, Jared Cook, has been about as undependable as one could imagine, much to the ire of Rams fans. Kenny Britt and Stedman Bailey are just barely above Adam Thielen production-wise. Brian Quick has two receptions. It's too much to ask of Foles to come in and put up 300-yard, 3-TD games.

The trade on its face allows the Rams, though, to move on from those fantasies and carve out a new identity that isn't reliant on a Sam Bradford-shaped figment of Rams fans' imaginations. That they've seemingly done so with Todd Gurley in less than half a season is justification enough for the trade.

2) Like the Vikings with Stefon Diggs, the Rams have an electrifying rookie on offense in RB Todd Gurley. Gurley, who missed the first two games, and had essentially a cameo in the third, has blown up since, rushing for 146, 159, 128, and 133 yards over the last four games. It's no coincidence that the Rams are 3-1 in those games.

This game coming up has been called a 'passing of the torch' game, from Adrian Peterson to Gurley as the Best Running Back In Football. Is that fair to Gurley or too much to put on him this early in his career, even though numbers suggest he's already an elite back in the NFL?

I'd say it's definitely too early, but Gurley's shown the capability to have earned an opportunity to have that torched passed over the next season and a half.

The skill set's certainly there. The pedigree fits. But Adrian Peterson is now in his 9th season in the league and has three playoff seasons under his belt. Handing over the torch after just four games is a disservice to Peterson's career and a call for ignoring what should be a welcoming period for Gurley as he not only acclimates to the NFL but does so with a surrounding cast that only serves to make that welcoming period even more difficult.

3. So, your defensive line, and your defense in general, is one of the best units in the NFL. If you're an offensive coordinator, is there any one defensive lineman you have to scheme to stop, or is it a pick your poison kind of Sophie's Choice?

That said, you still need to game plan, and every defense has an Achilles Heel. If you were an opposing OC, how would you attack the Rams, and is there any one player the Vikings might be able to exploit, either on the front seven or in the secondary?

Yeah, as I tried to explain on the podcast, the Rams have too much up front buttressed by too many blitz packages from Def. Coordinator Gregg Williams (ED. Note: FUCK THAT GUY!!) to try to isolate anyone.

You want to stifle the inside pressure from DTs Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers? The edge rushes say hi. Looking to shut down the Rams' four-deep defensive end position? Here comes a random cornerback or safety on the blitz. Looking to stop the entire defensive line and blitz options and still run a cohesive offense? Yeah, good luck with that.

The bigger intent should always be to just negate the rush by passing the ball quickly and running the ball well. I've been surprised how easily opposing teams have gotten away from the run against St. Louis. It's a tall task to win a game of physicality against the Rams, but it's necessary if you want to get an edge.

Otherwise, you're forced to play over the middle of the field over and over to avoid the Rams' shell defense on the sidelines and deep...and it's very difficult to stay disciplined with designed 5-yard plays for 60 minutes.

If the Vikings are going to do it though, a combination of Stefon Diggs and Adrian Peterson is the kind that on paper makes sense. It's also the kind of challenge the Rams' defense needs to validate its efforts the last two weeks.

4. You know, the Rams are, in a lot of ways, a lot like the Vikings. Not a lot of success recently, but starting to win. Really great defense, great running game with a stud running back, just an okay but competent passing game. Vikings fans love Mike Zimmer, and Rams fans are...what, exactly, with Jeff Fisher though?

He had a lot of success with the Titans, but he hasn't had a winning record since 2009, and the Rams progress has been real stop and start since he's been in St. Louis. What do the fans think of him and GM Jeff Snead? Are they long term answers, or do they need tow in this year to save their jobs?

Yeah, I think the problem is that all the potential in the world isn't going to satisfy fans if it doesn't come with wins. The Rams haven't had a winning season since 2003, and there's a weird malaise the base is dealing with. Some fans are just shell-shocked into complacency, thankful just to not have to endure the 2006-11 seasons again where four of those years saw the Rams win less than 4 games.

That leaves Jeff Fisher with a really odd supporting contingency for a head coach that hasn't produced a winning season/playoff appearance in his three years with the team despite a cornucopia that most NFL teams would die for.

And yet...here we are. Optimistic. A winning record in November. Hopeful. Todd Gurley. That defense. I dunno, man. I don't think Fisher or Snead are going anywhere, but it's a weird level of job security for a pairing that hasn't really gotten the records at the end of the season to justify it.

Thanks again to Joe for taking the time to give us some great insight on the game and the Rams. Here's to a good, clean, injury free game Sunday...even if that cheating bastard Gregg Williams is the defensive coordinator for the Rams.
I left out question 5 because it deals with Kroenke and possible relocation, a subject I detest. To read it for yourself click the link at the top of this post and scroll down. - Prime Time.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

He's tied for 3rd in total TD's so far this year with 7.

Name
josey wales
Austin 4.34

Didn't Austin run like a 4.25 one time?

That's insanely fast!

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
You're pretty far behind in knowing what Tavon Austin is. The light has completely come on for him this year and our new OC is utilizing his talents better than our old one. He has 7 tds and can score them in many ways, unlike any receiver you mentioned not named Patterson, who is a BUST at this point. He's also better in the open field than anyone you guys have.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Foles is capable of having a big game. The question for me is on the road?

He had a pretty good game in Arizona, and their D is atleast as goos as Minn if not better. So yes he is capable of having a good game on the road, but with the vikings run D being near the bottom of the league you should be more concerned with Gurley.