What Vikings Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Mostly fair and knowledgeable fans in this thread but the "Lambs" crap always ticks me off. :mad: Let's see if Teddy Bridgewater refers to them as Lambs after the game.
lGIhsw7.jpg

http://www.scout.com/nfl/vikings/forums/1554-purple-thoughts/14246363-lambs-next

LAMBS NEXT...

Their offense is one of the worst in the league. I see the Vikings winning by a large margin.

Vikes 31

Lambs 10
-------
This Rams game is enormous in terms of playoff implications. A win against the Rams gives us a two game cushion for the wild card and also gives us a tie-breaker over the Rams. I think if we win here, we are playoff bound.
-------
Lol. And the Vikings offense is neck and neck with them. Actually the teams are fairly similar. Should be a good game.
-------
Gurley will get his yards but Foles is HORRIBLE. Their defense is one of the best in the league but if the Vikes can keep their offense off the field they will wear down. Teddy started slow today but finished hot and I think he'll come out hot next week. AP should counter Gurley. As you said...BIG game in regards to playoff implications.
--------
Personally I think this will be a very tough game...just a feeling
--------
Fisher has let the game pass him by. No discipline, lack of preparedness, too many penalties. If the Rams replaced him they'd immediately be two games better.
--------
No ******* chance we put up 30 on the Rams defense. They held the Packers to 24 in Lambeau. Let's be realistic here and hope for a 21-10 win or something like that.
-------
It's a good matchup. We play at home and we have played well at home. We are a better offensive team and have better skill players overall. Teddy is definitely better than Foles and we have better WRs. AP vs Gurley? I kind of gonna go with the guy with more experience. Both teams have questionable OLs, but we may have an edge there too.

A win has playoff implications for us, as mentioned previously.
--------
I like the Vikings chances but as others have mentioned the Rams play good defense and I don't how anyone who has watched the Vikings this year could predict a blow out. Not saying it's not possible but I've seen nothing to suggest that the Vikings will be blowing any team out.....or get blown out the Niner game notwithstanding.
-------
Contain Gurley and make Foles beat us. Sounds like a game plan we have heard before.
-------
Foles has had a rough year but he is far from a bad QB. I hope he doesn't get right for this game.
-------
Have to pay attention to Tavon Austin as well. First couple of years in the league he appeared to have been a bust. This season he's been scoring, I think he's got 6 td's, with trick plays. Once he gets in he open field he can fly. You mentioned Gurley and Foles but I think we have to contain Austin as well. That's pretty much their entire offense.
--------
Rams have a tough D...but its not gonna be like denvers in denver. This is going to be a tough game....no cakewalk here.
-------
Pressure Foles. He's too slow, immobile and dumb to read the gap blitzes and make us pay.

Contain Gurley, no handoff?? RUN BLITZ. Much like what other teams do to us. I like Captain vs Austin inside, our outside CBs on their best WR
-------
next 2 games will be very tough, VERY tough. Both have playoff implications for both teams. Rams defense vs our o-line is a big key along with our d stuffing the run. Raiders passing game vs vikes defense, we need to stuff murray, and pressure Carr, Oakland's D is playing good too. Very tough games, but Zimmer will have them ready.
-------
Taken today from ESPN (I assume this does not count today's results):

St Louis Offense rankings: Total 31, Passing 32, Rushing 13, Points Scored 31

Vikings Offense rankings: Total 30, Passing 30, Rushing 6, Point Scored 26

Vikings Defense rankings: Total 7, Passing 11, Rushing 14, Points Scored 2T

St Louis Defense rankings: Total 13, Passing 16, Rushing 15, Point Scored 11

Overall, seems like two evenly matched teams. Should be low scoring, but the Vikings are better in all categories and are at home, so I expect them to pull it out.
-------
Since Gurley became the feature back, the Rams are 3-1 with the only loss coming at Lambeau. This game will already be the 2nd hardest on the schedule so far (after @Den). Very glad it is at home.
-------
Right behind us in points per game on defense too. They beat Seattle and AZ. It will be a heck of a game.
-------
The Rams have a very good team the Vikings better prepare for them
-------
teddy is not better than foles
------
You make this too easy - Teddy has Foles beat in almost every category across the board despite Foles being in his 4th season.
------
It seems to me that this game will be won by the team who has the better OL play and makes the fewest mistakes. Home field will be a key in our favor, since the teams are equivalent on paper.
------
I think we crush STL at home. We are playing very well at TCF.

Oak.... Well that is going to be a tough one. Their O has been stout so it will come down to who wins. Their O or our D. If we keep them to 17 pts or less we win.
-------
Since SF, Foles is easily the worst QB we have faced and the Rams easily have the worst WR corps we have faced, and their OL is not better than ours. They've won a couple of big games but lost a couple of not close games. They like us, have done well in their division, 3-0, other than that they beat Cleveland.

So far no QB has had a big game against us, all having only limited success, scoring or moving the ball. I don't think Foles is going to be the guy who does. The new Vikings defense doesn't give stuff away like we used to.
-------
The Rams have a pretty good defense. I know AD shredded them a few years back, but this is a much improved D now. I am glad the Vikings finally get to play the Rams at home. Though living in St Louis I have had the chance to attend the last three Vikings games played in St Louis.

I keep waiting for the Vikings to get the TEs more involved in the pass game. This week would be a good time to do that. I think the Rams D could be exploited in that manner. The WRs will have a serious test vs the Rams DBs, and the Rams have an excellent D line.

Offensively the Rams are still struggling to put it together. There is some talent on offense, just has not gelled yet. Their O line is not a strength. At least in terms of pass blocking. If the Rams are forced to pass the Vikings should put up some good sack numbers. Gurley has been playing well, but can be stopped. I do not view him in the same category as AD. Solid tackling, and maintaining defensive discipline will limit him.
-------
I view him as the best back in the game
-------
Not going to take any game lightly, like I did against 49ers. Rams have a ton of young talent, just no QB. Now with a running game starting to take place, they are going to be dangerous. Vikings have been vulnerable to the run in the past and their defense can manhandle an opposing offense. Vikings also continue to have multiple injuries, and in a line that already had problems.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
How do they expect to stop Gurley? No one has done it so far. Not even close. He's as good as AP in his prime already. And our defense is going to beat up on Teddy Bear. As long as the good Rams team shows up, we have a good shot at winning this.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Call me a homer but where the hell do Vikes fans get off talkin sh-t like they're legit?

I definitely want to bust that azz after reading some of those comments.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I did some mulling through their reddit as well, and it may be a small sample size but these guys seem to be riding off wins and not really looking at their team as a whole. Their offense is still garbage and they've barely beaten the bottom of the barrel, but they act like they've already won the Super Bowl. In fact, one poster who proved to be the only sane man there posted that their O is like, two spots better than ours and they all balked and basically said they had no idea their O was so bad. Like.. They weren't watching the team the whole time.

It's kind of weird seeing people be so out of touch with their own team.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
We owe them a good stern ass kicking!! Wèek 1 last year needs to be erased with extreme prejudice. 34 to 6 the other way this time!

RamzFanz

Damnit
How do they expect to stop Gurley? No one has done it so far. Not even close. He's as good as AP in his prime already. And our defense is going to beat up on Teddy Bear. As long as the good Rams team shows up, we have a good shot at winning this.

It's awesome!

Gurley has been playing well, but can be stopped. I do not view him in the same category as AD.

No, Gurley is not in the same category, he's FAR better. Are you kidding me?! AP has ONE game this season, against the LIONS with more yards than Gurley's worst start, where they sat him because of the score! AP is at 4.5 YPC compared to Gurley's 6.1 COUNTING the steelers where he was just testing out the legs. :palm:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Their offense is one of the worst in the league. I see the Vikings winning by a large margin.

Vikes 31

Lambs 10

Funny their offense is 1 spot ahead of us in the rankings. Clueless Vikings fan #1.

Gurley will get his yards but Foles is HORRIBLE. Their defense is one of the best in the league but if the Vikes can keep their offense off the field they will wear down. Teddy started slow today but finished hot and I think he'll come out hot next week. AP should counter Gurley. As you said...BIG game in regards to playoff implications.

Hmmmm Teddy has 1 less TD and the same number of Ints in 26 more attempts. He has a better comp % but their other numbers are almost identical. Clueless Vikings fan #2.

It's a good matchup. We play at home and we have played well at home. We are a better offensive team and have better skill players overall. Teddy is definitely better than Foles and we have better WRs. AP vs Gurley? I kind of gonna go with the guy with more experience. Both teams have questionable OLs, but we may have an edge there too.

A win has playoff implications for us, as mentioned previously.

Home field is their advantage but according to Vegas that's where it ends. You are given 3 points for being at home and the opening line is the Rams +2 so Vegas calls the Rams a 1 point favorite on a neutral field. Teddy has more potential than Foles but hasn't fully realized that potential. When it's all done I'm sure he'll have had a better career than Foles but right now it's pretty close. Better WR? Meh Diggs is off to a good start but it ends there. Autsin might be able to match him in big play potential but our passing game is inconsistent. Wallace = Britt, veteran who was good vs a veteran that never realized his potential. TE? No matter how much we hate Cook for his drops and pathetic blocking it's hard to call Rudolph better. One more catch in three less targets but half 100 less yards and over 5 yards less a catch. Our RB's are much better out of the backfield than theirs are. As for RB APete is the guy in Gurley's crosshair. Forty six more carries and fifty eight more yards. We all know our offense is inconsistent and needs a major booster shot to reach it's potential. It seems Vikings fans need to understand their offense isn't much different.

I think we crush STL at home. We are playing very well at TCF.

Oak.... Well that is going to be a tough one. Their O has been stout so it will come down to who wins. Their O or our D. If we keep them to 17 pts or less we win.

That's some Trent Dilfer level analysis right there.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I have to love this one...These kinds of assholes crack me up...

You make this too easy - Teddy has Foles beat in almost every category across the board despite Foles being in his 4th season

I see no reason for the Rams team to even show up... It's hopeless against the HOF lock, Teddy Bearwater !!!

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Their biggest advantage here is being at home. They can keep saying our defense is "pretty good," but I don't think they really understand just how good it has been this year. They haven't come remotely close to facing a defense this talented all year. Bridgewater hasn't seen a pass rush like this his entire career either. Donald is going to be tripled all game.

Ultimately though, I think this young offensive line being on the road doesn't get it done. I understand the "can't stop Gurley" mentality, but it's going to be hard for him to continue to put up numbers every game without literately ANYTHING else from the offense. If you take away his big run against the 49ers, one in which they were in a basic nickle (god knows why?) then he gets 60 that game. I'd like to hope he's good for one of these a game, but teams will start just stacking the box no matter what. It will be up to the Rams to continue to find ways to get him the ball, or take advantage of defense. From everything we've seen the past 2 games, it's pretty obvious they can't. Praying for Foles to come out of this one healthy.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Looks like we found all the 49er fans from last year! Good job guys!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Call me a homer but where the hell do Vikes fans get off talkin sh-t like they're legit?

I definitely want to bust that azz after reading some of those comments.

The majority of them were pretty rational and reasonable. Every fan-base has a few of those guys.

Ramatik

Starter
Their biggest advantage here is being at home. They can keep saying our defense is "pretty good," but I don't think they really understand just how good it has been this year. They haven't come remotely close to facing a defense this talented all year. Bridgewater hasn't seen a pass rush like this his entire career either. Donald is going to be tripled all game.

Ultimately though, I think this young offensive line being on the road doesn't get it done. I understand the "can't stop Gurley" mentality, but it's going to be hard for him to continue to put up numbers every game without literately ANYTHING else from the offense. If you take away his big run against the 49ers, one in which they were in a basic nickle (god knows why?) then he gets 60 that game. I'd like to hope he's good for one of these a game, but teams will start just stacking the box no matter what. It will be up to the Rams to continue to find ways to get him the ball, or take advantage of defense. From everything we've seen the past 2 games, it's pretty obvious they can't. Praying for Foles to come out of this one healthy.

Yeah if you take away the big run, he get's 60 yards and probably plays the ENTIRE 4th quarter and breaks out a big run then. That's b.s. logic right there. And isn't it possible that Rams players can actually catch some passes in a game? Foles threw a few nice passes in that last game. Passes that would have prolonged drives and maybe built up some confidence if completed. You know you can play "what if" till the end of time, but the bottom line is, Nobody has stopped Gurley, and Foles has done it in the past. As a Ram. Just not very often and definitely not lately. Now, with that being said, I was feeling a bit negative about this game too. I just don't expect them to finish above .500 this year for reasons off the field. (hope I'm wrong)

jjab360

Legend
Just saw this, Vikings schedule coming up:

9 Rams (4‑3) Home Sun Nov 8, 1:00 pm
10 Raiders (4‑3) Away Sun Nov 15, 4:05 pm
11 Packers (6‑1) Home Sun Nov 22, 1:00 pm
12 Falcons (6‑2) Away Sun Nov 29, 1:00 pm
13 Seahawks (4‑4) Home Sun Dec 6, 1:00 pm
14 Cardinals (6‑2) Away Thu Dec 10, 8:25 pm
15 Bears (2‑5) Home Sun Dec 20, 1:00 pm
16 Giants (4‑4) Home Sun Dec 27, 1:00 pm
17 Packers (6‑1) Away Sun Jan 3, 1:00 pm
:eek:

They've had it cupcake up until this point, but that stretch is absolutely brutal. We're on the other end of the spectrum, having passed the toughest part of our schedule and entering the cupcake part.

I'm starting to think our real competition for that last wildcard spot is Seattle.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just saw this, Vikings schedule coming up:

9 Rams (4‑3) Home Sun Nov 8, 1:00 pm
10 Raiders (4‑3) Away Sun Nov 15, 4:05 pm
11 Packers (6‑1) Home Sun Nov 22, 1:00 pm
12 Falcons (6‑2) Away Sun Nov 29, 1:00 pm
13 Seahawks (4‑4) Home Sun Dec 6, 1:00 pm
14 Cardinals (6‑2) Away Thu Dec 10, 8:25 pm
15 Bears (2‑5) Home Sun Dec 20, 1:00 pm
16 Giants (4‑4) Home Sun Dec 27, 1:00 pm
17 Packers (6‑1) Away Sun Jan 3, 1:00 pm
:eek:

They've had it cupcake up until this point, but that stretch is absolutely brutal. We're on the other end of the spectrum, having passed the toughest part of our schedule and entering the cupcake part.

I'm starting to think our real competition for that last wildcard spot is Seattle.
Looks like that 7 or 8 game stretch we had last year.

jap

Legend
Their biggest advantage here is being at home. They can keep saying our defense is "pretty good," but I don't think they really understand just how good it has been this year.

I believe their defense will be exposed by a Gurley Man.

Fish was talking about getting together with the offensive coaches and drawing up new plays for our O. I just hope they play to Nick's strengths and minimize his weaknesses.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You want to stack the box...boom...screen to Austin.(because that doesn't involve the OL pass blocking) ;)

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
what a joke, they barely beat the Bears. You know that team with jay cutler?

Glad the Rams coaches and players don't think that way..That's the best way on Earth to lose your lunch money and get your ass handed to you...